Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Jets Game Thread - Preseason Game II/2018

FS#21

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

One "m" in Sims gents, lets get our mancrush spelling right

It’s a pity Phil Simms isn’t calling this game.  I can hear it now...

“You know Greg, I’m a real fan of this guy Sims.  Sims is a great name for a football player.  I was a player once named Simms, you know. I even played in a Super Bowl.   Maybe I could have thrown the ball to Sims, and it would have been Simms to Sims.  That would have been great. But he pays for the Red-wait! I’m not supposed to say the name... the team from Washington. And I played for ... wait, one second, it will come to me. Anyway.  Wouldn’t that be cool? Simms to Sims...”

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Just a reminder that Case Keemun was the 3rd string QB for the Vikings last year...

Should have clarified and mentioned the Bradford Exclusion, an unspoken rule wherein you always need a viable 3rd string QB if your starter is Sam Bradford. 

Edit: for real though, that's a good point. But I don't think Hogan has any untapped potential

6 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

You forget the guy who traded up for him had been fired and the head coach who experienced that win was his successor. Josh McDaniels was the architect of the team that drafted Tebow. He was fired and they hired Fox and Elway. They brought in Peyton. Tebow won that game under Fox, not McDaniels. 

No, I didn’t.  But Fox and Elway were in place for the Tebow season.  And even if your predecessor architects it, you still don’t really want to give up on a 1st round pick that actually was winning games that quickly.  

I give Elway a lot of credit to know that Tebow was smoke and mirrors, and discount the record, and sign a guy who couldn’t actually throw a football when he was signed.

worked out really well.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

so, do you even give Hogan a PS spot or do the Skins need to be watching other teams  preseason games to look for a potential PS QB?

I would hope they have quality control guys, pro scouts, and assistants watching every snap of every preseason game regardless. Don't know how much time Hogan has spent on active rosters, to be eligible for PS. Especially since they changed the rules, I never know anymore. 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I would hope they have quality control guys and assistants watching every snap of every preseason game regardless. Don't know how much time Hogan has spent on active rosters, to be eligible for PS. Especially since they changed the rules, I never know anymore. 

you can have some people who have up to two accrued seasons.  Hogan has played in four games each of the two years he's been in the league and an accrued season is six games.  So he should be good

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is it too much to ask, to get a GIF of the last Sims reception ?

NFL Network will re-show the game tomorrow morning at 4:30am and again at 10:00 am.

They will also show it again Monday at 1:00pm.

All times EDT.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That means nothing to me now, Guice said he was fine.  We'll find out tomorrow.

One difference though is if I recall Jay didn't give Guice the thumbs up, we know he's fine drill.  It was Guice who was brimming with optimism.  Jay seemed to think Perine will be fine.  I guess will see.

Honestly, the whole thing with Perine is kinda a non-issue to me. Yeah, it was nice that he had a hole, and he ran through it. But damn, for such a big man, he went down too easy, again. Even with that attempted straight-arm, he got taken down hard. And twisted his ankle. and outside of that one run, the rest of the backs looked terrible, except for Carter who had the best 2 runs of the night by far. The problem is he might not even make the PS, he's so low on the depth chart. I don't put all the blame on the RB's either, our run blocking, again, has been pretty poor. Unless there is a big upgrade, we're going to be in the lower 3rd or 4th in rushing again.

1 hour ago, glongest said:

that was a really generous spot he got

I dont even need to ask what play you’re talking about to know the answer     

? i only watched the first drive of the game and then the final quarter (had a family party tonight so i was preoccupied for the rest of the game) and i saw Kevin Hogan run to the sideline, i was thinking it was 3rd and about 1 or 2. I look back at the tv for the next play and it said 1st down, I’m like ummm ok refs ???

Archived