Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Jets Game Thread - Preseason Game II/2018

FS#21

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Who's the Emergency QB when they only have 2 on the roster

Lots of teams only carry two. If you get that deep you're screwed anyways, and you sign a guy during the week. 

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Who's the Emergency QB when they only have 2 on the roster

Also...Gruden

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Didn’t we give up like 7 spots in the 6th round of 2034 for him? I really thought the happy meal for my daughter cost more...

Found two articles, I think the switching spots was this year.  Ya, it didn't cost us too much, but I'm not a fan of sweeping terrible moves under the rug.  That 6th round pick is looking like it should've been a developmental QB, this guy is about to get cut.

Just now, Birdlives said:

For development puposes, I would not have been upset if we had taken Chad Kelly in the previous draft or Lauletta this year. Instead we trade for the future assistant manager of your local Wegmans.

Kelly may be a supreme douche but he's starting to put it together in DEN this preseason. There's a good chance he starts games for them this year, already competing for the #2 spot. 

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

It never ceases to amaze me how bad so many offensive gurus are at picking QB talent. Elway is ****ting the bed. Jay picked Hogan, there’s no doubt in my mind. Shanny staked his reputation on Beck/Rexy. I think Goff/Garrapalo are going to fail. Just my opinion.

In fairness, Elway made a brilliant and in the moment interesting call to dump Tebow after an 8-5 record and a playoff win and sign Peyton Manning coming off of neck surgery.

That was more complicated than it seems in hindsight...

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why I think Hogan should go.  If we drafted a QB who showed some potential in a game like this, I'd consider it, but this guy running I surrender plays right now and asking our defense to bail him out.  Weak sauce.

I don't care about surrendering plays, our guys aren't getting valuable reps. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I don't care about surrendering plays, our guys aren't getting valuable reps. 

This times 1000.  We are literally wasting this waste of a game.  I never want to see Hogan on the field again, Bridgewater is their 2nd string QB, I've seen enough from Hogan to clean out his locker before the game is over.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

This times 1000.  We are literally wasting this waste of a game.  I never want to see Hogan on the field again, Bridgewater is their 2nd string QB, I've seen enough from Hogan to clean out his locker before the game is over.

I agree with you, but have to point out that Bridgewater is amazingly their 3rd stringer. McCown/Darnold, Bridgewater. 

Archived