Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Jets Game Thread - Preseason Game II/2018

FS#21

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I agree with you, but have to point out that Bridgewater is amazingly their 3rd stringer. McCown/Darnold, Bridgewater. 

Oh, damn, seriously? I stand corrected, and that's worse, much worse in comparison to what we're looking at with our 3rd string.  Wow.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This helmet rule is going to lose us a lot of games i think....

They are setting themselves up for a lot of dumb game fixing accusations, with this arbitrary and poorly made rule coming onto the scene as sports betting becomes legal across the country. Gonna be so many bad calls that at least half will seem suspiciously timed. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh, damn, seriously? I stand corrected, and that's worse, much worse in comparison to what we're looking at with our 3rd string.  Wow.

McCown has hardly gotten any run this preseason because he's 600 years old, so its easy to forget about him. Seems Darnold has a good chance to start and they get the smart vet in the film room with him. I'm sure if they can't trade him they keep Bridgewater too. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Two weeks in a row Hogan has shown absolutely nothing. Looks like he’ll get one last chance to redeem himself. 

Its going to be hard to watch him play the entire 4th preseason game. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, Elway made a brilliant and in the moment interesting call to dump Tebow after an 8-5 record and a playoff win and sign Peyton Manning coming off of neck surgery.

That was more complicated than it seems in hindsight...

No. No it wasn’t. Tebow was going no where and a Manning at even 50% was going farther than any Tebow team. That was common sense. The evidence is obvious. Tebow, one lucky playoff win. Manning, 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 win, all with half an arm. That move was far from brilliant, that move was taking a franchise player with the first pick in the draft. Academic.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

McCown has hardly gotten any run this preseason because he's 600 years old, so its easy to forget about him. Seems Darnold has a good chance to start and they get the smart vet in the film room with him. I'm sure if they can't trade him they keep Bridgewater too. 

Honestly, I thought Bridgewater was ahead of him for being younger and getting more play.  I can see that, though, Jets don't get everything right, but they could trade either one of their backup QBs after watching this game, imo.

Archived