Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo-toni

22 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Stroman's draft profile lists him at 5'11 / 184

Denzel Ward (4th overall pick in draft) lists at 5'11 / 185

Orlando Scandrick - 5'10 / 196

Josh Norman - 6'0 / 200

I don't think he has 'plus' size, but i don't think he's too small to play corner... where have you seen receivers go over or through him?  

I think he was cut because he didn't mesh with the team, and because Stroman and Johnson looked so good in the preseason game.  I think the only 'real' spin on this is the thought that he was let go so he could find another team.  He may have been a loner, but that means little to nothing to a coach if they can play ball.  The youngin's have showed what the coaches had hoped for, so they wanted to cut ties now before Scandrick got hurt and we were forced to pay him out an additional $1.75 mil. 

Gruden also said we'll probably bring an additional player in this preseason, so it's clear his play wasn't good enough.  

Saw it with my own eyes at training camp at least 4 times in one practice including a grab by Trey Quinn where he went through Stroman in the end zone and took the ball. Also watching every video available, he has been in some receiver highlights also,following twitter etc.

Those measurables have been posted before, small corners can play big and overcome their size, I have not seen that from him yet. He is a rookie so he has room to grow ? 

Also people carry weight different looking on the internet for numbered measurables do not tell the story. If you would have been at camp you can tell he is slight 

4 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

Saw it with my own eyes at training camp at least 4 times in one practice including a grab by Trey Quinn where he went through Stroman in the end zone and took the ball. Also watching every video available, he has been in some receiver highlights also,following twitter etc.

Those measurables have been posted before, small corners can play big and overcome their size, I have not seen that from him yet. He is a rookie so he has room to grow ? 

Also people carry weight different looking on the internet for numbered measurables do not tell the story. If you would have been at camp you can tell he is slight 

every DB got beat in camp when facing our own guys because they can't make any contact.  Doctson was reportedly burning Norman too.  Stroman had a VERY good preseason game vs NE when the bullets were flying.  What receiver highlights?  The ones again from camp where there are no pads and they're playing 8 - 10 yards off?  

According to this....

https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-break-camp-confident-in-young-corners/article_2d38d47a-d163-5c7e-bf59-53bb3670233e.html

He's likely slotted as the 4th string DB behind Norman, Dunbar and Moreau

Just now, OVCChairman said:

every DB got beat in camp when facing our own guys because they can't make any contact.  Doctson was reportedly burning Norman too.  Stroman had a VERY good preseason game vs NE when the bullets were flying.  What receiver highlights?  The ones again from camp where there are no pads and they're playing 8 - 10 yards off?  

Im just telling you what I saw and it matched his draft profile exactly. It’s just an opinion. I’m rooting for the guy Just like you are but we would be in trouble in my opinion if he had to step in this season. 

His bleacher report profile is spot on in my opinion.

-thin everywhere 

-play strength is a problem in every phase

-will be routinely bodied by possession receivers at all levels of the field

that is why he didn’t go higher in the draft, his athleticism and iq are off the charts imo. 

The udfa has outplayed him. Hopefully they all develop. As for scandrick being a loner all the beat guys are starting to confirm it on twitter that the personality wasn’t a fit. 

Im telling you during drills all the dbs would be on one side of the end zone yapping it up with Torian Gray standing together and scandrick would be on the other side taking a knee looking like a Lonley child at a brand new school. 

Skins management wasted $1,500,000 in just releasing this ex-Cowboy.  The owner should have a sign in the front office which reads:  DO NOT SIGN EX-COWBOYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES (so history will keep from repeating itself- remember the Norv signings of ex-Cowboys)  As soon as I heard we signed this guy I knew it was going to fail.  I had serious doubts about it from day one.  Rarely do I start out so negative about Skin signings but this one for some reason was a huge red flag.  The Cowboys let him go for a reason or set of reasons that the Skins decided to ignore.

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Breeland apparently coming in for a workout.

I googled Jumping the Gun, you don't wanna know. 

12 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Skins management wasted $1,500,000 in just releasing this ex-Cowboy.  The owner should have a sign in the front office which reads:  DO NOT SIGN EX-COWBOYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES (so history will keep from repeating itself- remember the Norv signings of ex-Cowboys)  As soon as I heard we signed this guy I knew it was going to fail.  I had serious doubts about it from day one.  Rarely do I start out so negative about Skin signings but this one for some reason was a huge red flag.  The Cowboys let him go for a reason or set of reasons that the Skins decided to ignore.

I read it was 1mil, but that was just John Keim. What does he know. It was a safety move in case they didn't have the third starter on hand, they like what they see, don't need to waste a spot on him. 

Heard the issue here was his personality more then the younger guys pushing him out. OS did not fit in with the guys and was disliked by most. Even head butted with the coaches trying to say where he was supposed to be lined up. No wonder they ate the cap charge and sent him packing

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I dont really have an issue with them taking a shot on a veteran guy. It cost them one million bucks to find out if he could help us. He couldnt, they realized their error and promptly set it straight. No harm no foul IMO.

41 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

That is a YOUNG secondary...

Yes, potentially 3 rookies at cb in stroman, Alexander, and Johnson.  One injury could put some young guys in the fire very early.  Another one could make things a little too interesting back there.

I don't believe for a second that this move was because our young corners are doing THAT well.. and therefore Scandrick is expandable. It does not make sense to release him that early in the preseason since many injuries could still happen and saving of additional 1.5mil in case he gets hurt is not enough to take that big of a risk. He must of really been a prick to someone or pissed someone off to get dumped.

4 hours ago, Unbias said:

I just never understood signing an ex-Cowboy...

I keep citing how good the Redskins are at getting reasonably low cost FA placeholders. I look at the cowgirls as a FA farm system for us over the last couple years. They're players are cheap and they can be fairly good backups and special team guys. McClain was last year's placeholder until we got Payne and now Scandrick.

**** 'em!

Um. Scandrick worked for the Redskins from March to August (6 months). His contract was for 24 months for $10 million. That would be $2.5 million every 6 months, right?

They paid him $1 million dollars.....

So the Redskins actually got a $1.5 million dollar discount for 6 months work, right?

I'm not condonin' big pimpin', but I know Goldie would smile at this one. I'm just sayin'......

Scandrick apparently was a D**k to everyone coming in here and being the voice of a know it all, even to the coaches.  Listen to it on all the insider podcasts. 

Also on the podcasts and from the Skins analysts you constantly hear Dunbar being referred to as a transitioning WR.  He's transitioned.  He's a Cornerback. 4th year gifted professional athlete.  When people are asked to describe Dunbar they always point to him being gifted.  You can see how he's evolved and has earned the opportunity to start opposite Norman.  I'm cheering for Dunbar to hold that starting role down like a veteran.  

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Breeland doesn't excite me for the mere fact he's been shopping for a team and advertising himself for months, but still hasn't hooked up anywhere.

On Scrandrick, very surprised to hear the reason he was let go was not performance reasons, but attitude, because I have seen multiple interviews of him, and genuinely came across as both very mellow, and very respectful.

It's funny you say that because when I saw his interview with Larry Michael after he signed, it was patently apparent he didn't give a **** about our organization or seem excited at all to get going. He really didn't even put on a facade lol. 

9 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

It's funny you say that because when I saw his interview with Larry Michael after he signed, it was patently apparent he didn't give a **** about our organization or seem excited at all to get going. He really didn't even put on a facade lol. 

This was one of the interviews I saw, and was referring to, and he seemed sincere. If it seemed to you like he wasn't excited, I just chalked it up to him having a mellow personality. He came across as professional and genuine, so I actually kinda felt bad for the guy when I heard he was cut.

Actually I felt bad for him when I saw the interview, because I had a feeling that even though he wanted to be here, I believed he wouldn't last the full year, due to all the talent we had, and him already diminished with age.

But who knows, maybe he still held allegiance to Dallas, and was actually a spy here....then he was "made", and therefore cut :)

One injury to Josh Norman and this could back fire big time.

Dunbar and Moreau as your outside corners with raw undrafted rookie FA as slot add backups = pissed away season. Opposing OCs would lick their chops all week game planning to exploit that. What do manusky and gray do? Theyd have to shift coverages and mask a huge weakness.

Big gamble to hope nothing happens to Josh. The way he plays and lays it on the line, Josh is going to be banged up and not 100%.

I do not like it. Not one bit. I can only assume they have another vet they are bringing in. Otherwise, this makes no sense.

Archived