Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo-toni

There are reports the Skins have reached out to Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Reaching out and sining being two very different things.

We had spoken to him a couple of times during free agency but his price had been too high. Be interesting to see if its dropped.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

There are reports the Skins have reached out to Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Reaching out and sining being two very different things.

We had spoken to him a couple of times during free agency but his price had been too high. Be interesting to see if its dropped.

Yeah, I'd be ok if we can get him. He's a hell of a lot better than Scandrick. I'd be ok running with what we have, as long as the front 7 holds up.

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

whats sining ? i mean usually i end up writing singing insted of signing but sininig sounds like something you have to go to church for :)

2 minutes ago, TK said:

Queen's English. :) 

Typing on phone - too lazy to edit :-)

12 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

whats sining ? i mean usually i end up writing singing insted of signing but sininig sounds like something you have to go to church for :)

My past precedes me. Or something!

Fat fingers and I think faster than I type. Which says more about my typing than my thinking.

17 minutes ago, TK said:

Queen's English. :) 

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Typing on phone - too lazy to edit :-)

My past precedes me. Or something!

Fat fingers and I think faster than I type. Which says more about my typing than my thinking.

Now that right there is old man humor. 

Breeland doesn't excite me for the mere fact he's been shopping for a team and advertising himself for months, but still hasn't hooked up anywhere.

On Scrandrick, very surprised to hear the reason he was let go was not performance reasons, but attitude, because I have seen multiple interviews of him, and genuinely came across as both very mellow, and very respectful.

J.NO, Dunny, Moreau, D.Johnson, Adonis, Stroman, That's 6 that are in the running to make the roster. If we bring in DRC or Bree, somebodys gotta go. I (thought that I) read that one reason for cutting Scandrick was Johnson and Stroman making big strides. Who sits? Adonis?

32 minutes ago, TK said:

False.

Youth movement is in effect. And they'd call DRC first because last I heard they were sick of Bree.

I can see why they were so fed up with Bree

bree-desperate-housewives.png

9 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Great to see us waste $1 million on a guy who everyone was confused why we signed in the first place.  He was terrible then, terrible now, not surprised and good riddance.

1M here, another there...

With all that wasted money they could have signed Kurt Cousins lol.

Adonis has yet to get any real work. He came late and was buried in the rotation and is now injured. Hopefully they can finesse him onto PUP so they don’t have to cut somebody else. Stroman worries me he is athletic and can help the return game but right now he is too small to play corner in the nfl. He is in good position most of the time but receivers go right through him or above him routinely from what I have seen. The most intriguing right now is D.J. and Fabian. 

I don’t buy for one second he was cut because our younger players were blowing coaches away. We had other options but he was cut because he wasn’t part of the dB group, he was a loaner. 

51 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

Adonis has yet to get any real work. He came late and was buried in the rotation and is now injured. Hopefully they can finesse him onto PUP so they don’t have to cut somebody else. Stroman worries me he is athletic and can help the return game but right now he is too small to play corner in the nfl. He is in good position most of the time but receivers go right through him or above him routinely from what I have seen. The most intriguing right now is D.J. and Fabian. 

I don’t buy for one second he was cut because our younger players were blowing coaches away. We had other options but he was cut because he wasn’t part of the dB group, he was a loaner. 

Stroman's draft profile lists him at 5'11 / 184

Denzel Ward (4th overall pick in draft) lists at 5'11 / 185

Orlando Scandrick - 5'10 / 196

Josh Norman - 6'0 / 200

I don't think he has 'plus' size, but i don't think he's too small to play corner... where have you seen receivers go over or through him?  

I think he was cut because he didn't mesh with the team, and because Stroman and Johnson looked so good in the preseason game.  I think the only 'real' spin on this is the thought that he was let go so he could find another team.  He may have been a loner, but that means little to nothing to a coach if they can play ball.  The youngin's have showed what the coaches had hoped for, so they wanted to cut ties now before Scandrick got hurt and we were forced to pay him out an additional $1.75 mil. 

Gruden also said we'll probably bring an additional player in this preseason, so it's clear his play wasn't good enough.  

Archived