Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

19 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

So for the upcoming Preseason game against Denver. 

Out:

Trent Williams

Jordan Reed

Byron Marshall

Samaje Perine

Doubtful:

Jamison Crowder

Questionable:

Chase Roullier

Maurice Harris

Cam Sims

Montae Nicholson

I hope Cam Sims plays.  Nicholson is already pissing me off a little. 

Where and when did you get that report, because few hours ago Keim said, per Gruden that Trent would play, and Sims, Quick, and Harris are out.

1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

Maybe he was just speaking from his perspective of defensive players needing to get that contact and refined technique in hitting/tackling. 

What are guys like TW, CT, and JR.. even Alex Smith.. need to be absorbing hits for? I'm sure they remember what that feels like, and are prepared t handle it in games that matter? 

Offensive players have talked about it over the years, too.  I know some don't like it too -- calling Clinton Portis. :)  But if Bill Belichick as an example saw preseason games as just about apples to apples to practice -- he wouldn't be giving Brady 26 reps in the 2nd game, playing a full half, I just saw something that showed that Brady might play into the 3rd quarter of the third game.  Heck one year he played in the 4th.

I get it, you don't think it means much to the players preparing  I think it has more meaning than you do albeit it not being the be all and end all.  I doubt we are going to convince each other otherwise.  I don't think the sun rises and falls with preseason games but at the same time I'd go heavier than we've gone with certain players -- I don't think I am going out on a limb with my take.  Plenty of teams do so.  It doesn't though effect my opinion of Jay -- I like him a lot as a head coach but its one of my few mild bones to pick with him. 

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/20180822/tom-brady-looks-to-shake-off-rust-and-build-more-trust

This week, Brady told WEEI’s Kirk & Callahan show that he actually felt “rusty.” On Wednesday, he followed that up by explaining that his timing was a bit off. He’ll have a chance to rectify that on Friday in the Patriots third preseason game against the Carolina Panthers.

“I think the thing when you get in the games is just the timing is different because they can actually hit you and in practice, you know rushers come and they stop,” Brady said. “So, you get a false sense of security of how long you can hold onto the ball and when they don’t stop, you got to get rid of the ball quicker, you got to make faster decisions, your footwork has to be better, your pre-snap reads have to be better.

“So all those things time up and I like to be someone that can really anticipate things and be really efficient with what I’m doing and the more time you have actually doing it, the better. And there’s only one way to simulate it, that’s to play. So when you get out there and play, you take advantage of the experience. I’ve also had a lot of games and a lot of experience doing it so naturally it comes back relatively quickly but I think it’s still really important to get out there and feel it and do it. ”

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Where and when did you get that report, because few hours ago Keim said, per Gruden that Trent would play, and Sims, Quick, and Harris are out.

I got my info from Training Camp Daily.  Yours may be more up to date, I would assume.

22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Pats have a bunch of new/green players at WR and RB so it makes sense, even Belichick isn't arrogant enough to think they can stroll into the regular season hitting all cylinders. 

The point is the Pats have always done it this way, and they tend not to come out flat and lay an egg in the opener. 

As for Sims sounds like the perfect time to stash him on IR.  

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The point is the Pats have always done it this way, and they tend not to come out flat and lay an egg in the opener. 

As for Sims sounds like the perfect time to stash him on IR.  

I agree.

It sounds like a lot of players will go tonight and after thinking about it I think its good for us to get reps without CT and Reed, chances are they won't be there all season so the way we look tonight could very well be how we look during the season when it comes to personnel.

Regarding reps in preseason. This team needs it. We suck on average and even more out the gates. Yes we risk injury, but our guys are going to get injured regardless here or there so just go for it. Also, muscles need to warm up. If guys like Richardson, don't play much and then first play during the first game you try to get him on a deep ball, he's liable to pull a hammy or something. 

17 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm getting worried about CT.  His leg was still hurting in Richmond, we saw how the offense dropped off when he went down. He's a key, hope he gets better soon.  

9 months to recover from a broken leg and he's still having pain, or at least he was as of 2 weeks ago.

That poor guy has been beaten to death and I just wonder how much more his frame can take.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm getting worried about CT.  His leg was still hurting in Richmond, we saw how the offense dropped off when he went down. He's a key, hope he gets better soon.  

Fair point/concern.  I’m hoping someone like Bibbs can carry some of the slack as we give Thompson a bit more time.  

Ok sooo im sooo excited I can hardly contain my self.. training camp coming to an end start of season approaching week one is soon and in the desert and I'm making serious plans to make it there..I know I know there's a thread for this when the time is right but I'm to excited to hold it back..if I make it..which is looking like I for sure will I want to meet the es group..IM SOO PUMPED!!!

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Baker seemed so on the cusp of being good and completely fell off. I was definitely wrong about him.

Yea I thought it would be another case of a team getting more out of a player than we did.

We win this time, though.

We sucked all the juice out of Baker that we possibly could, talent-wise.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ok sooo im sooo excited I can hardly contain my self.. training camp coming to an end start of season approaching week one is soon and in the desert and I'm making serious plans to make it there..I know I know there's a thread for this when the time is right but I'm to excited to hold it back..if I make it..which is looking like I for sure will I want to meet the es group..IM SOO PUMPED!!!

Right there with you man... Excited to watch tonight...  Hoping to see a solid half with most of our starters playing well and at least one drive resulting in a TD.  Would like to see our running game do something and our Defense take the next step.  

I have my tickets for AZ.  Flight and hotel booked.  Ready to get this season rolling!  HTTR

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Right there with you man... Excited to watch tonight...  Hoping to see a solid half with most of our starters playing well and at least one drive resulting in a TD.  Would like to see our running game do something and our Defense take the next step.  

I have my tickets for AZ.  Flight and hotel booked.  Ready to get this season rolling!  HTTR

Sweet.. I'll be there with the old man... Not sure how much tailgating and cruising around the stadium he'll be into with as hot as it's going to be lol but will try to look you up.. probably making the drive down in the Trans Am.. haha

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Right there with you man... Excited to watch tonight...

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sweet.. I'll be there with the old man... Not sure how much tailgating and cruising around the stadium he'll be into with as hot as it's going to be lol but will try to look you up.. probably making the drive down in the Trans Am.. haha

Do you guys know each other from Idaho ?

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Nope.. PM sent to him.

Hoping to find a big group of Skins fans in AZ for the game.  I went to a game in AZ back in 2005... Still remember Portis scoring.  Great game... Place (ASU stadium) was full of Skins fans.

Ok back on topic...

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just now?  Just a few weeks ago, it was believed by most that he wouldn't be fully ready until September and some were worried he might be just a shell of himself until November.

56 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Nope never met lol... He lives clear across the state from me... So far across the state that to you on the East Coast it would be like going across three states lol

48 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Nope.. PM sent to him.

Hoping to find a big group of Skins fans in AZ for the game.  I went to a game in AZ back in 2005... Still remember Portis scoring.  Great game... Place (ASU stadium) was full of Skins fans.

Ok back on topic...

I was at that game. Sat in front of a Cardinals fan decked out in Jersey, facepaint and even Cardinals contact lenses. He complained about how when people move to Phoenix they should stop rooting for their old team and start rooting for the Cardinals. Good time. Moved away in '07 though 

32 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I was at that game. Sat in front of a Cardinals fan decked out in Jersey, facepaint and even Cardinals contact lenses. He complained about how when people move to Phoenix they should stop rooting for their old team and start rooting for the Cardinals. Good time. Moved away in '07 though 

Looked for a highlight (not getting much work done today) of the Portis run I was talking about.  It was the run he was holding on to Sellars' jersey on the way in.  Found this youtube video of the game... (watch at 2:50) its not my video but has some good blurry highlights.  Was fun to watch although really reminds me of what the Skins had with #21.  Dang what a safety he was.  RIP

Ok sorry for getting off topic with this thread... Just some great memories.

Here is to a new year.. hopefully our running game gets going like in the past.  Still very disappointed that Guice won't be playing this year.

I was at that game with my wife.  Huge amount of 'Skins fans there.  As the players exited the field there was a "We Want Dallas" chant, and Mike Sellars stayed out on the field and hyped the fans up for a handful of minutes before going into the tunnel. Right in the midst of the "5 in a row or we don't go" streak.

I believe I am the guy holding up the 'Skins blanket in the video right after the Antonio Brown Kickoff return TD.  The blanket is covering up the head/face, so if it isn't me, kudos to random 'Skins fan in the same endzone section with the same exact blanket I own.  Ha.

Archived