Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

thesubmittedone

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

The thought has occurred. Seems like he's typically suffering from some minor injury or another though. 

I was reminded while reading through of some quote I read, and now I'm absolutely certain that my mind is eroding at record speed..

"Give him choice routes to work with and he will set them up and knock them down all day. He's not going to be a good tester, but he's built like a running back and has better strength than most slots." - NFC College Scouting Director
from his nfl.com draft profile. Trey Quinn, baby!  Teach him some handoffs and quick outs from the backfield, and he can be the in-game emergency scat back too! :P 

I don't see Jay cutting his chord of Kelley. Too much love there. So AD, CT, Kelley, and probably Perine. Maybe they just keep Marshall and Bibbs on speed dial in case of later need. I doubt any team will be knocking down their doors. 

My inclination is that they want an extended look at Perine because they’re on the fence about Kelley.

Kelley has been much more aggressive this preseason in his approach, and it’s been noticeable. A healthy Perine can bring what Kelley brings.

If AP plays and isn’t great, he’d likely get the axe and wed proceed with Kelley and Perine and this topic becomes moot. If, however, AP looks decent, it comes down to Kelley and Perine. I’d guess, based on what I’ve seen, that they’d lean towards Samaje if all things are equal. But if he’s hurt, they aren’t equal, and Kelley is definitely superior. 

I can see a scenario where each of them is a possible cut. 

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I’m inclined to think Gruden is looking at carrying 2 bruiser types - guys that can handle 1st and 2nd downs, 3rd and short, etc. - Thompson, and a guy that can back Thompson up (or even play for him until he’s closer to 100%). 

So to me, it’s Kelley vs Perine vs Peterson for 2 spots, Bibbs and Marshall (maybe Smith?  I doubt it though) for 1 spot.  

Seems to be Craig Hoffman's take too from talking to one of his sources.  He thinks Perine's job is in jeopardy.  But I always take the Perine thing from him with a grain of salt because he loves to beat Perine up.

27 minutes ago, redskindan07 said:

I've always kind of liked West from Kansas City and wondered why has wasn't given more of an opportunity there even before they got Hunt

He isn't a starter quality back, but I do think he would be a good backup in our scheme, if he could get beyond the little injuries. 

27 minutes ago, carex said:

how's Peterson catching?  Could we end up with him beating out someone like Bibbs instead of Kelley or Perine?

He averaged 2 catches per game, over his whole career.

Not too bad for a guy, that many people say, "when he's in the game, you know it's going to be a run"

And i saw him pass-catching in practice, and it looked very fluid and natural for him.

38 minutes ago, carex said:

how's Peterson catching?  Could we end up with him beating out someone like Bibbs instead of Kelley or Perine?

Doubtful

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not too bad for a guy, that many people say, "when he's in the game, you know it's going to be a run"

And i saw him pass-catching in practice, and it looked very fluid and natural for him.

From what I saw in a couple of videos, he's still a "body" catcher, he lets the ball get into his chest. He does not extend his arms and snatch the ball out of the air. That's always been his problem, and he still does it. For that reason, he's not going to be considered a good receiver, easier to defend, and more likely to drop a pass because he lets the ball get too close to his body.

32 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yeah, I think he can make most of the expected catch opportunities.

Not an ideal receiver in all scenarios. AD over the shoulder 30 yards down the field on a wheel or seam route? I wouldn't at all say he can't accomplish it, though I doubt any back but CT would regularly shine in that situation. 

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

When football comes second to being human... 

I sure hope he beats it or at least gets it under control. Sounds pretty awful. Makes you appreciate this type of player who seems to have a love of the game and even while dealing with something very difficult handles it honorably 

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

That's a huge hit to the cowboys o line eh?...wish the best for the dude

It depends, everybody responds to the treatment differently. 

It could end up being next to nothing. 

But unfortunately the worse case scenario is so bad football really does take a back seat to being human. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Why isn't Jordan Reed playing? Is he working through an injury?

They're letting him finish his rehab from his last injury, letting him rehab till week 1. Aka rolling him up in bubble wrap, and I'm good with that. For what it's worth he said he's grateful for it. Sounds like he's almost good to go, until the next injury. 

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

It depends, everybody responds to the treatment differently. 

It could end up being next to nothing. 

But unfortunately the worse case scenario is so bad football really does take a back seat to being human. 

Couldn't agree more..

10 hours ago, CutPryorNow said:

I sure hope he beats it or at least gets it under control. Sounds pretty awful. Makes you appreciate this type of player who seems to have a love of the game and even while dealing with something very difficult handles it honorably 

Absolutely. I hate the goddamn Cow****es but wish Travis a speedy, and full recovery. Rivalry should never overcome humanity and this is a brutal and totally random disease. He seems like a decent dude, hope he gets through this quickly.

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Why isn't Jordan Reed playing? Is he working through an injury?

You really have to ask that question? ;)

I think they are keeping Reed on the shelf till the season starts (though he is practicing).

Allow him to rehab further from the surgeries he had in the offseason.

Archived