Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

thesubmittedone

that crossing route has been a big part of this offense, but usually its Crowder running it.  Denver's ILB(?) looked like he was ready for it and carried the route across the middle.  I'd imagine Richardson will get much better separation in man to man situations, and he'll likely not be running that play from what appeared to be the slot position.  

30 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

@OVCChairman Are Brown and Norman injured? 

From what I've read (the majority i've put here so I don't have a ton of info) it seems like Norman has a day off.  Kind of surprising with how disappointing his play was Friday night, but with the idea that he'll likely not even suit up Thur, it's possible they're looking to get their depth more reps but who knows.

I know Brown was not practicing part of last week and did not play Friday night.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/injuries/WAS/washington-redskins

Brown (undisclosed) didn't play in Friday's preseason loss to Denver.

Brown dealt with a mild stomach strain early in training camp but then made a brief appearance in Washington's second preseason game. His absence Friday allowed Zach Vigil to get the start at inside linebacker next to Mason Foster. There was some talk about Brown losing snaps to Josh Harvey-Clemons on passing downs, but it seems more likely the 28-year-old will handle his usual three-down role if he's healthy for Week 1 against the Cardinals. Brown had a shot to lead the NFL in tackles last season until an assortment of minor injuries held him out for the final three weeks.

(Updated 08/25/2018)

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just listening to Chris Russell, he said he hears the teams thinks that Sims wouldn't survive the waiver wire as to moving to the practice squad so he thinks he will make the team.  

I think this is a trend with the beat guys too...  I think they're right.  It's going to be interesting to see how they fit enough guys and Colt McCoy's hand could be a major factor if it forces us to carry a 3rd QB to start the season.  

24 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I can't believe the Redskins are paying Norman almost 17 million this year..He is no close to being worth that kind of money.

And there's also no one remotely close to being able to replace him on the roster either.

48 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Yet it still dosen't make him worth that kind of money..

It's true. I think they can get out of the contract next year without a big penalty.  Having said that, they currently have Larry and Mo starting with Norman.  At least Norman has been a good CB.  We need to see progression from the others before we can just move on.

We were dogging Fuller at first too, but turns out the staff knew what they were doing and now we are bemoaning losing him. Lets have some trust in the staff to develop the DBs to step up, as so far they have done a great job with that. Fuller, Dunbar, Breeland, etc.

Norman actually had a pretty good year last year if you go back and look at the stats, though Im fine with moving on after this year if we have some of our own young guys to take his place.

Looks like AP isn't camp fodder. If he's not playing in the last game, then he's a lock to make the roster. I'm guessing he'll be the starter, with Perine/thompson/bibbs backing him up.

If I have to see Kelley do another 360 behind the line of scrimmage or run into his own guys for a 1 yard gain again, I'm going to lose it.

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just listening to Chris Russell, he said he hears the teams thinks that Sims wouldn't survive the waiver wire as to moving to the practice squad so he thinks he will make the team.  

I don't remember who, maybe JP, said the Bengals really wanted this kid and tried hard to sign him but he chose the Skins because a lot of his Alabama buddies were here.

27 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I don't remember who, maybe JP, said the Bengals really wanted this kid and tried hard to sign him but he chose the Skins because a lot of his Alabama buddies were here.

Now that you mention it I remember hearing something like this too.  He will not make it to the PS if we try

15 hours ago, MariusVT said:

And there's also no one remotely close to being able to replace him on the roster either.

that's what free agency and the draft is for.  Even if they go for a high quality Norman esque CB in free agency the fact is he'll be at the start of his contract vs the end

The Skins should go into next year, if all goes well, needing an LG, an edge rusher, a CB and maybe the QB of the future.  That is not a bad list

Archived