Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin.com: Virginia Man Calls Cops After "Hard Screen" In Pickup Basketball

Destino

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Dear God do you see racism in everything?  Can't a hilarious article/story just be that?  

When something has elements of racism, I am going to point it out. And you are going to be mad because acknowledging things this hurts your head.

And if you cannot see how this is another in the trend of white people calling the police on black people living their lives from the ages of 8 to 80, then you are full of cow poop. Seriously.

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Nope, that’s his schtick and he’s “schticking” to it. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and 366 on leap years. 

Not really. You are living up to the thread you are upset about tho by not at least tagging me.

55 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

There's no way that dude is white...he looks Persian. Considering the area the gym is located, I'd put money on it.

He looks Persian or Lebanese to me.  The other guy may be black, but I don't know, from that angle he looks Indian.  You can't see his face.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

When something has elements of racism, I am going to point it out. And you are going to be mad because acknowledging things this hurts your head.

And if you cannot see how this is another in the trend of white people calling the police on black people living their lives from the ages of 8 to 80, then you are full of cow poop. Seriously.

Not really. You are living up to the thread you are upset about tho by not at least tagging me.

Benning, where's the evidence that this guy called the cops because the guy that set the pick was black?  Can you prove that its because the guy that set the pick was black?  

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

Then you have to leave earth. Find a home among the starts cause you will never have one here again. 

I wouldn't take the stars for granted. Assuming that i somehow intercepted a transmission a If I were a telepathic alien Pirate captain, I'd probably intercept him, board, study his mind and the Earthling sports, and throw him in sort of an X Men Danger room, and torture him to death, with him getting repeatedly crushed by Rick Mahorn.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Mad?  Not at all.  Over the years, even when you posted under the name Joe Wolf (we all know it's you broski) and now, I've agreed and acknowledged most of the points of racial issues facing this country that you posted about, though not always to the extreme that you did.  I also can say that when I'm in a situation where someone makes a racist comment or an off color joke, etc. that I do call them out on it.  I also raise my daughter to be loving of everyone regardless of race, religion, etc.  And she is.

Racism needs to be fought by everyone, of all colors.  Otherwise, it will continue to exist.  And not every white person is out to get the black man in every situation/scenario we come across in the media.  Sometimes, people are just assholes, ****es, etc.  Nothing more, nothing less.

In my time on this board, when you were posting as Joe Wolf and as BenningRoadSkin, you seem to want to hold white people accountable for their actions, but I don't get the same vibe that you would hold black people or other minorities to the same standards.  You have made comments in the past where you said something to the effect that when white people are faced with racist comments they need to call out family members/friends and disown them.  Stuff like that.

Would you call out a family member for making a racist comment about a white person for whatever reason?  Would you disown your own family members for making racist comments?  You seem to be all bark, but honestly man, I think you have no bite.  It seems to be one sided to you.  And what actually bothers me about it all, is not all of us white folk are bad people.  And a lot of us do not tolerate racism and raise our children to love everyone (at least I know I do).

And what's sad, I'd gladly meet up with you at a bar, buy a few rounds, shoot the ****, etc.  But I get the impression that you wouldn't be down with that based on your posting history.

I want to chime in here.  I have had Benning on ignore for a while now.  I said this in another thread- I don't dislike the guy.  I dislike his obsessive posts.  He keeps quoting me, but the only time I see his posts, is if another poster quotes him.  I hate that yet another thread was railroaded into something that its not.

A little backstory here.  A few years ago I was going through a major depression and some other issues. I would let every little thing in here get me riled up.  I was called out by several posters about my posting style.  It pissed me off at first, but I finally realized this: I was posting like an asshole. Ranting and raving about **** I couldn't control. I looked like a fool.

So, I decided to put myself on "read only" for a year.  I could still enjoy the site, but I wasn't able to react to anything.  It was the best thing that I did.  It taught me self control.  It taught me that I didn't have to have an opinion on everything.  It taught me to be a better poster.  (At least I hope you guys think so now).  I've also been continuing to see a counselor, who has gotten me through some tough times the last 3 years. I feel I'm in a pretty good place now.  Not perfect, but decent.

So Benning, (I know you'll read this, but I'm still keeping you on ignore) am I mad?  Why would I be mad? I feel like I'm a smart enough guy to know racism when I see it.   This isn't one of them.  A lot of what I see out there in regards to racism makes my head hurt because it's wrong, not because you are pointing it out.  So, you continue to paint your broad brush.  That's makes you just as culpable as the far other side. I think you are the one that should get the pooper-scooper out for your own self.  I kind of feel for you living inside that bubble with this obsession, because you seem like you don't have any fun in life and walk around daring everyone to knock that chip off your shoulder.

My first words of advice:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnENdCS8NEGNq6anPuu5c

I'll close with this.  This quote always helps to keep me grounded when I see that I'm letting my emotions get the best of me so I don't revert to that "asshole" poster and I've dispensed this to other people also.

My second words of advice:

After his 7th failed marriage, Greg Allman (of the Allman Brothers rock group) had this to say:

"You know.  I'm beginning to think that just maybe, it's me."- Greg Allman

You probably should've just kept ignoring it, and.... um, not further adding to the railroading (like most of us did) to make an "Its not not about me" post. A post that does not make you look as smart as you might think it does. It just makes you continue to look like the person you think you're not.

11 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

There's no way that dude is white...he looks Persian. Considering the area the gym is located, I'd put money on it.

Wait wut?  This gym is in Dulles Town Center, midway between Countryside/Cascades and Ashburn. I grew up there, it is like Fargo with a tech industry. :ols:

First, the reason I took it that way is that we have seen many stories like this the past few months. We have seen stories white people calling the police on black people from the ages of 8-80 doing things like swimming in a pool in their condo, having a cookout by the lake, selling water, sitting in Starbucks, playing too slow on a golf course, etc. None of this is new, but with social media and video on cell phones, we can capture more of this and spread it. That is why I pointed it out here. Some would say "well how do we know they called the police because they were black?" We don't know in any of those cases, but they happen to be white people calling the police on black people doing nothing but minding their own business. This has happened a lot to black people throughout history. This is a pattern, and this story contributes to that pattern.

@Dont Taze Me Bro, my name can be Michael Blackasamug, and I will still point out racism in our society on this board within the rules of this forum. This is especially true since so many posters ignore or act like it is a big deal.

You also do not know me outside of this board. So do not assume anything about me or my actions. Also, it does not matter what I say about my actions away from here because there is no way for me to verify it, so whatever to that point. Which is why I stick to what is said on here by posters.

I am glad that you are raising your child the right way for them to be tolerant and open-minded. But also raise your child to be aware of a lot of America's effed up history to non-white people here and abroad. That is the only way we will see change. We have to stop lying to ourselves about this country.

I would love to meet up with you. I am not a violently racist, angry guy like a lot of our "moderate" posters on here want to believe. I tell the truth. You may not like it, but its the truth. But like I said before, you have no idea about me, who my friends are, and how I operate in my life. So do not assume.

@pjfootballer, honestly bro. I am not going to read any of what you said because based on your posting history you are not very insightful or interesting on this topic. I challenge you to do better. I don't rock with your posts because all you do is whine about sports and pining for nostalgia. Especially in the NBA threads. You also are a very fake Maryland fan and have said as much on here. You do not offer much insight and have this weird self-importance despite no one caring about a lot of what you have to say. You got half a bar, and please tag me next time.

2 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

:ols: key word in your sentence is that you grew up there....that area has changed quite a bit.

My mom, brother and most of my friends are still there, so I'm there a lot.  I worked in Ashburn until fairly recently.  I am very clear on the demographics of Dulles Town Center mall and the surrounding area. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You probably should've just kept ignoring it, and.... um, not further adding to the railroading (like most of us did) to make an "Its not not about me" post. A post that does not make you look as smart as you might think it does. It just makes you continue to look like the person you think you're not.

Perhaps I should have ignored it.  I wasn't intentionally trying to make it an "about me" post.  Just giving him some food for thought.

I don't think I "ranted or raved" to him, so I disagree with your assertion that I'm still the same person I used to be. I haven't had any complaints about my posting in quite a while, so...

Anyway, sure, I'll be more mindful to ignore him. No more railroading from me either in this thread.

In all fairness, the perfect Dave Chapelle skit in 2004 would have been having a black guy shot by the police after a white guy calls them cause he got dunked on. I thought it too. I just didnt say it cause I didnt feel like defending myself for the rest of the day. Benning aint that type of cat though. Yall gonna have to accept that. 

Who do you all think is the best basketball player on Extreme Skins?  I'm going to come right out and admit I'm not any good.  I can't shoot and my left hand sucks.

I've got like a six foot seven wingspan though and could probably check most of you except ML and maybe Llevron (I think I remember you saying you were tall).

Yep, I measured my wingspan one day.  Some men get out the tape measure for their dicks.  Ballers measure their wingspans.

Archived