Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Curse D.C. Sports Thread

Sticksboi05

On 7/2/2018 at 11:12 AM, Warhead36 said:

Yep. Ovie is a true hero. Stays with one team his entire career, delivers a championship, never whines or makes excuses.

I dont even look at it this way.  The way the franchise has faced disappointment multiple times, number of coaches who tried to change his playing style amazed me.  Not a single complaint 

• 5 weeks later...

When you learn to accept that some organizations simply  cannot get out of their own way when it comes to incompetence and general wtf-ness at the most wtf time, you eventually learn to shrug off stuff like this.

Can't say I'm all that upset. I always expect them to do what they've always done

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Only an NBA championship or Super Bowl trophy will break the curse.

A World Series title will definitely break the curse. It's probably more important than anything else. Yep. Definitely a World Series in Washington, DC.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I don't get how this the Skins fault though. I mean I understand the curse..but they did nothing wrong herr. Freak injuries happen. That's sports. It's not like they babied him and kept him from playing in playoff deciding or even playoff games.

Either you believe in curses, or you try to figure out why "freak injuries" like this happen to the Skins at a higher rate than other teams.  I personally think our training staff, facilities and overall mindset are horrible.  I dont think our players are as ready for today's nfl as players on other teams.  Coupled with relaxed offseason "rules" about workouts and you end up with higher than average injuries.

Does that mean that Guice was a product of that and not just a "freak injuury"?  No.  But overall, there is something else going on.

• Like 2

The Guice injury sucks but let's be real, half the league's top players were injured/season-ended at some point last year, it happens. I feel really sad for him though, he was truly ingratiating himself with the fanbase. Seeing him at Capital One to watch the Cup win was awesome!

Oh well, guess I'll cheer myself up by watching the Caps win the championship for the 20th time...because you know...we can do that now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The Guice injury sucks but let's be real, half the league's top players were injured/season-ended at some point last year, it happens. I feel really sad for him though, he was truly ingratiating himself with the fanbase. Seeing him at Capital One to watch the Cup win was awesome!

Oh well, guess I'll cheer myself up by watching the Caps win the championship for the 20th time...because you know...we can do that now.

• Like 1