Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

So my Sony Michel and Demaryius Thomas for Dalvin Cook trade looks bad after 1 game of the new roster. But I'm hopeful Cook rebounds. I was never going to start Demaryius again, so I could care less about him. But Sony ... I was all-in on him all off-season and stuck with him early but got excited to trade him for what I consider a sure-fire RB1 the rest of the eason. Too bad Sony looks like he'll be that too.

i might have the best (on paper) 0-4 team ever. I am getting (hopefully) a healthy Mixon, Cook, Baldwin and Ingram back this week.

QB: Cam Newton

RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Mark Ingram, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Ronald Jones

WR: Davante Adams, Doug Baldwin, Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley

TE: Jordan Reed

I plan to start (aside from BYEs) Newton, DJ, Mixon, Cook, Ingram, Adams and then one of Baldwin/Cooper/Ridley rest of the way.

Also have a big FAAB in on Yeldon this week, as Im playing the Fournette owner and want to snipe him and stash/trade Yeldon since it looks like Fournette will miss some time.

Please tell me I'll be okay, guys!

Fantasy Pros is telling me I'm by far the best team in my league for the rest of the season and have the #1 starting lineup and #1 bench. But I gotta start winning fast with these guys coming back.

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Fantasy Pros is telling me I'm by far the best team in my league for the rest of the season and have the #1 starting lineup and #1 bench. But I gotta start winning fast with these guys coming back.

Fantasy Pros ranked my team #1 in my league and i am 0-4 now

16 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Fantasy Pros ranked my team #1 in my league and i am 0-4 now

Maybe I’m putting too much stock in FP? Been a big fan of theirs but maybe it’s their ranking idk. 

For the ROS they’ve got me with the RB8 (Mixon), RB9 (Ingram), RB10 (DJ), RB16 (Cook) and RB27 (KJ) ... WR7 (Adams), WR16 (Cooper), WR18 (Baldwin), WR24 (Ridley) and TE4 (Reed) and QB3 (Newton)

No one else is remotely close to that many Top 20 players. So using that I get it. I do think I’m 0-4 because I’ve been outscored 625-475. I’m also getting Mixon and baldwin back to join Ingram this week. 

I also had Michel riding the pine Weeks 1-3 and traded him for Cook before Week 4. So I haven’t benefited from The projected value that Cook (and now Michel) presents as that hasn’t been a present staple to my team. I’ll be curious to see how I perform now that I’ve got my full squad back for the 1st time this year. 

FWIW I’m not sure whether to start Ingram this week against our defense or go with Kerryon. I feel like Ingram is good for 1-2 TDs this week. But I hate playing against Skins in fantasy

I haven't used it in a while, but maybe filter the experts on Fantasy Pros. Find some that you trust their rankings over others and just use them. Not sure if you can do that for seasonal or not. I used to do it for the daily stuff and had a little more success when I did.

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

I haven't used it in a while, but maybe filter the experts on Fantasy Pros. Find some that you trust their rankings over others and just use them. Not sure if you can do that for seasonal or not. I used to do it for the daily stuff and had a little more success when I did.

I’ve been using the Top 20 weekly accuracy filter. Blech. I guess I’ll see what happens the rest of the way

So I offered Peterson and Lynch for Kelce (Watson is my only TE)? I have McCaffrey and Elliot as my top 2 and only need to start 1RB anyway,  He has Fournette, Ivory and Ekeler.  Is this a reasonable offer? Is it a good decision to make this offer?

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

James Conner was the difference in my Draft Kings not making money this week.  It was a tough matchup, but I thought he'd get more than 12 touches.  smh

He's been bad for 2 weeks now. I wonder if the Steelers know they need Bell as much as everyone knows they do. Either way he's back week 7.

Probably worth the gamble to try to trade for Bell right now.

Back to my yearly complaint, why are QB kneeldowns to end the half/game treated as negative player running yards? Seems the NFL would recognize that as a team negative rushing play or something.

Yahoo just sent me an update. With 2 wins in Yahoo leagues this week, since 2013 in Yahoo Fantasy, I'm now at 69% win percentage all-time and ranked top 2% of all Yahoo players worldwide.  

Not that I'd ever boast or draw attention to myself... ?

DIAMOND status out chere ?

1577969526_Screenshot_20181002-084225_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.3e6cd0791ee7b748d20f4a06a4a45948.jpg

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Nice chew. I'm down to 912 after a -4 performance since last week.

Made it all the way up to 920 last year.

Nice!  Keep waxin' them asses.  Take no prisoners.  :headbang:

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Nice!  Keep waxin' them asses.  Take no prisoners.  :headbang:

Nice you two. I was Diamond. I think I was 926 in 2015 and 932 in 2016. After going 2-11 last year in my main league and starting 0-4 this year (despite going 8-5 last year in my other league and being 3-1 in my other league this year) I have plummeted to Gold. So bummed about it.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Nice you two. I was Diamond. I think I was 926 in 2015 and 932 in 2016. After going 2-11 last year in my main league and starting 0-4 this year (despite going 8-5 last year in my other league and being 3-1 in my other league this year) I have plummeted to Gold. So bummed about it.

932...dang.  :headbang: 

That blows, down years suck.  I'm waiting for my season to fall apart, there's plenty of time left.  The hate/love relationship with fantasy is real.   :unsure:

Just now, Chew said:

932...dang.  :headbang: 

That blows, down years suck.  I'm waiting for my season to fall apart, there's plenty of time left.  The hate/love relationship with fantasy is real.   :unsure:

I had a stretch from 2014 to 2016 where, between my 2 leagues and possible 6 placings, I came in 1st 4x, 2nd 1x and 3rd 1x. I also won about $3,000 in prize money between the two. Times were good haha

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

There's a trade in my money league going down. Gurley and 2 scrubs (Antonio Callaway and Chris Godwin) for Phillip Lindsay, Cousins, and John Brown.

?

Gurley is going from the last place team to the 2nd place team (who has Leveon Bell also).

**** that.

Yeahhhh that's pretty sketchy. But my philosophy has always been to let the owners negotiate and if they think it's fair, let it be. But I would def. raise a stink on that one.

41 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

There's a trade in my money league going down. Gurley and 2 scrubs (Antonio Callaway and Chris Godwin) for Phillip Lindsay, Cousins, and John Brown.

?

Gurley is going from the last place team to the 2nd place team (who has Leveon Bell also).

**** that.

Man, I'd hate to be that guy...but I'd vote against that.  Sounds sketch af.

Gurley (the #2 fantasy player in football) for an RB2 in Lindsay, Cousins bum ass, and 2nd rate burner?  Hell nah. 

My team absolutely smashed it this week. 170.3 points. Goff, Hunt, Bernard, Diggs, Woods, Landry, Burton, Tucker, Titans D. Lowest scoring was Landry at 11.4 points (other than Tenn). After a slow 0-2 start my team is now even. Same in my other league. I traded Thielen, Derrick Henry, and Crowder for David Johnson and Funchess. Hoping that can light my team on fire, although I'm a bit skeptical of Johnson. 

50 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeahhhh that's pretty sketchy. But my philosophy has always been to let the owners negotiate and if they think it's fair, let it be. But I would def. raise a stink on that one.

18 minutes ago, Chew said:

Man, I'd hate to be that guy...but I'd vote against that.  Sounds sketch af.

Gurley (the #2 fantasy player in football) for an RB2 in Lindsay, Cousins bum ass, and 2nd rate burner?  Hell nah. 

Yeah I don't vote against trades but that one I did. Especially since Carr, Smith, and Flacco (among others) are available on waivers.

The trade makes no sense for the one giving up Gurley.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=tmr101021

The 10 Fantasy Commandments

1. Thou shalt not veto. If there is obvious collusion between two owners, then the commissioner (or league via veto) should not allow it. But other than that? Let it go. People should be allowed to coach their team and trade whoever they want, even if you think it's a really stupid rip-off trade. Negotiating a steal of a deal is part of fantasy skill and as long as both parties want to do the deal, you're a punk if you block it. Especially the people who block a trade just because it doesn't involve them or because it's part of their "strategy" to block other teams from improving. That's the coward's way out and you're a scummy, spineless punk if you do that. Win on the virtual field, not in the bureaucracy.

Someone just dropped Josh Gordon in my main league. I'm tempted ... if nothing other than for having as trade-bait if he breaks out this week. I got TJ Yeldon for $42 last night too. I dropped big $$ on him to keep him away from the Fournette owner who I play this week in a must-win at for me at 0-4 but he's actually projected over Cook and Kerryon so he's worked his way into my Flex in a good matchup this week. My team is now:

QB: Cam Newton

RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Mark Ingram, Dalvin Cook, TJ Yeldon, Kerryon Johnson, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones

WR: Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, Doug Baldwin, Calvin Ridley

TE: Jordan Reed, OJ Howard (IR)

I think in a must-win this week I'm going to roll out Ingram and Yeldon over Cook, Kerryon, Ridley and Baldwin at Flex. I'm torn on Ridley. Would love to roll him out in the matchup against Pittsburgh but can't bench Adams and think Cooper will get peppered against LAC.

FWIW, I have a $2 claim in on Josh Gordon for Ronald Jones for Friday.

This is the best 0-4 team I've ever seen. If my WRs can start being consistent other than Adams and all these RBs hit like they should, I can make some juicy trades in the coming weeks. The Bell owner just offered him straight up for Ingram. I said no ... if I was 2-2 I would probably do it for the playoff push, but I need to win now.

Archived