Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

3 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Sooo, are we just riding things out with the Minnesota defense? I know there's a LOT of football left to be played. Has anyone impulsively dropped them yet? I played Seattle over them this past weekend. I'm afraid to play them this week.

They've been released in both my leagues. I opted to grab NE over them this week. I'm playing the streaming game.

4 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I'm officially streaming D's at this point too. Dropped Denver for Seattle last week. Dropped Seattle for Tennessee this week. I normally don't like road D's if I can avoid it, but they seem like the best option out of what's out there.

Tennessee went for $8 on a $100 budget on WW this week. People are def. onto the streaming game against the Bills (I had a $5 bid).

Okay seriously who do I start this week. This is a tough one. Hard to really see a "wrong" option in the bunch but ...

RB David Johnson v. #10 best RB matchup defense SF

RB Joe Mixon v. #4 best RB matchup MIA

RB Mark Ingram v.  #27 best RB matchup WAS

RB TJ Yeldon v.  #2 best RB matchup KC

RB Kerryon Johnson v. #22 RB matchup GB

RB Dalvin Cook v. #31 RB matchup PHI

WR Davante Adams v. #30 best WR matchup DET

WR Amari Cooper v. #4 best WR matchup LAC

WR Calvin Ridley v. #2 best WR matchup PIT

WR Doug Baldwin v. #21 best WR matchup LAR

Start 2 RB, 2 WR and 2 Flex.

Resting Cook makes sense given his hamstring. I want to see him healthy and prove himself before re-inserting him into the starting lineup. Fortunate to have that luxury. At WR though, IDK what to do. Fantasy Pros also has Baldwin as a "start" now that he's back into the flow, and going into a likely shootout/passing affair against LAR. I'm also not opposed to starting at 3rd WR instead of Ingram. I don't want him to, but I do have a feeling he will blow up against us on MNF. Could see the Saints giving him a ton of touches and Kamara only really being a receiver in the game to give Kamara some fresh legs to come out of their Week 6 Bye.

Oh, and I have to win. As you guys clearly know by now haha

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I prefer DJ, Kerryon, Yeldon/Ingram (flex), Adams, and Cooper.

I do wonder if Freeman coming back this week cuts into Ridley's/Julio's targets.

Been wondering that as well. But it should be a shootout in Pittsburgh if Atlanta wants to make it a game. I also worry about the TD regression with Ridley getting 6 and Julio with 0. While he has put up yards, it's been on limited (4-6) targets. But he has huge upside and does look really good out there, and because of Julio he's not getting team's top CBs ... and Pittsburgh has the 2nd worst pass defense against fantasy WRs. I'm torn.

Interesting that you'd bench Mixon. Is that out of fear of him being limited in his return? I could definitely understand being cautious. But I think if he returns which it looks like he will ... he'll be unleashed. I'm also a bit uneasy with Patricia saying he'll continue to use a RBBC with his RBs. I would assume that's coach speak except for the fact that Kerryon and Blount have been splitting touches, despite Kerryon doubling him in yards from those touches to date.

14 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Okay seriously who do I start this week. This is a tough one. Hard to really see a "wrong" option in the bunch but ...

My order would be DJ, Yeldon (assuming Fournette is out), Ingram/Johnson (coin flip), Mixon (until I see him back to a full workload), Cook (same)

and Adams, Ridley, Cooper, Baldwin

You guys may be right about the caution with Mixon. I think because he was almost suited up last week, I've been thinking he'll be a full-go. But maybe I sit him and Cook and wait until they're fully back and have my confidence (hopefully by next week). I do have concerns though over my "boom" ability and being in a must-win game. I like DJ, Yeldon, Kerryon and Ingram, but I see Yeldon, Kerryon, Ingram more along the lines of 10 pt. floors and 16 pt. ceilings this week. Where if Mixon were a full-go, he's a 10 pt floor with a huge ceiling. But I definitely see the value in not being burned by the hurt guys and waiting them out. Cook I'm absolutely doing that with, since he burned me last Thursday, and he has a tough matchup against Philly.

Or more simply put, I'm weighing the risk of starting Mixon with risk of a "pitch count" or Kerryon and Ingram who both have usage concerns (or at least perceived concerns). The "unknown" factor, more or less. I'll monitor the tea leaves this week.

My current roster:

QB Patrick Mahomes

RB Chris Thompson

RB Jay Ajayi

WR Golden Tate

WR Adam Thielen

TE Jared Cook

Flex Calvin Ridley

DST Panthers

K Matt Bryant

Bench:

LeSean McCoy

Tyreek Hill

Jordan Reed

Drew Brees

Bears DST

My biggest struggle right now is starting Reed against the Saints or sticking with Cook as he has been playing rather well. My RBs arent strong but I have a lot of WR talent, trying to figure out what to do with all of that. Unfortunately McCoy hasnt done much. Any thoughts?

Well just made two trades not really happy about either.

1) Superflex (2QB Leagues) I traded Trubisky for Lindsay and Kerryon Johnson (I only had Fournette and Howard so this at least helps this weekend - only need to start 1 RB). (My Other QBs are Smith, Roth and Keenum).  This trade allowed me to change targets in waivers and save about 100 trade dollars (10% of yearly total - was going to spend about 200 on RBs - Chub being the best - now will spend 50- 100 on WRs for my bench).  

2) Dynasty - I Traded Gronk, J Williams, and Wilkins for Carson, Penny and Reed. (This is the one I have most heartburn with).

Thoughts?

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

And Mixon was in full pads today and Bernard DNP.

Who knows anything now.

Thanks for that update.  I've got them both and need to play 1, and I really need Mixon to go.  I have a banged up Cook against Philly, or it's Bilal Powell :( 

...and that horribly flawed Gurley trade went through. Can't see how that team getting Gurley (that also has Bell, Dalvin Cook, Robinson, Mike Evans, and Ertz) won't be a brutal matchup in a few weeks.

?

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't decide on if I should start Hyde vs Baltimore or Collins vs Cleveland as my 3rd RB. My 2nd RB is Michele vs Indy and obviously starting Kamara.

Even against the Ravens I'd think it would have to be Hyde. He's been solid and has what, 5tds already? Collins is being outplayed big time in Baltimore too (although Chubb did break off a few big ones last week for the Browns).

I assume you don't have a better TE/WR to flex instead of a RB? Or do you have to start 3 RBs?

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

The bye week and injuries are killing me.

My bench will consist of the following:

Will Fuller

Allen Robinson

DJAX

Fournette

TY

I have to start Dede Westbrook and Crowder as my WR's, it's not looking good.

That might not be terrible. Fuller is expecting to play, and Westbrook vs. KC and Crowder vs. NO are pretty good matchups. Glad I didn't end up with Fournette this year in seasonal. Hopefully he'll be back strong in a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

?

Even against the Ravens I'd think it would have to be Hyde. He's been solid and has what, 5tds already? Collins is being outplayed big time in Baltimore too (although Chubb did break off a few big ones last week for the Browns).

I assume you don't have a better TE/WR to flex instead of a RB? Or do you have to start 3 RBs?

No flex, have to start 3 Rbs. Weird league format.

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't decide on if I should start Hyde vs Baltimore or Collins vs Cleveland as my 3rd RB. My 2nd RB is Michele vs Indy and obviously starting Kamara.

I'd go with Hyde he has been consistently decent this year even against good defenses. 

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

...and that horribly flawed Gurley trade went through. Can't see how that team getting Gurley (that also has Bell, Dalvin Cook, Robinson, Mike Evans, and Ertz) won't be a brutal matchup in a few weeks.

?

It's not that Collins is being outplayed (I don't think that) he is just not being used.

1 hour ago, ShredSkins said:

Gronkowski or Jordan Reed? Or both and bench a WR(I have Hopkins, Ridley, Fuller, and Landry) My league has 2 flex positions. My running backs are Ingram and Barkley..also have Chris Thompson and Chubb on the bench. 

Both and bench Fuller. (I'd lean Reed if not due to Gronk injury).

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

The bye week and injuries are killing me.

My bench will consist of the following:

Will Fuller

Allen Robinson

DJAX

Fournette

TY

I have to start Dede Westbrook and Crowder as my WR's, it's not looking good.

I just picked up Westbrook and am starting him over Josh Gordon, Kenyan Drake and Chris Carson. 

Plus, I think he'll have a ton of value as a keeper in my league (where you can keep a guy for 150% of their prior-year draft value or $1 if undrafted). 

Archived