Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

5 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

The classic JMU October post... 'I was just offered a top 10 guy for 2 waiver wire players, thoughts?' Great stuff, but yea, do it

Better PPR play Smallwood or Clement?

I'm in on Smallwood this week, but probably biased since he is a Mountaineer.  

Unrelated, I had the good fortune of picking up Greg Olson as a FA.  Now I have Jordan Reed and Olson racing to see who can hit the DL first.  

6 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

The classic JMU October post... 'I was just offered a top 10 guy for 2 waiver wire players, thoughts?' Great stuff, but yea, do it

Better PPR play Smallwood or Clement?

Although its looking like a committee, Clement. Short term and long. 

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

Who do you consider having better long term value as in 2019 and beyond?

Calvin Ridley or Devin Funchess?

Ridley. Hands down.

Hail.

Well got absurd offers of Hogan for Reed or Corey Davis for Gronk.  I countered with Crowell, Reed and Watkins for Adams.  (Situation is he has no TEs and only Barkley and Cohen at RB, Watkins would become his #2). I thought that was a strong proposal that basically was weighted in his favor.  He said the offer was lopsided in my favor.  Just doing an azimath check with the board am I the problem here?

In my 2nd league my wife's cousin spend 2 hours last night trying to convince me to trade him DJ and Mixon for Saquan. Half PPR and I have DJ, Mixon, Gordn, Ingram ... and can only start 3 between RB and Flex. I was about to pull the trigger, and then Saquan broke the long run and he pulled it!

Not sure if I should have done it or not but was loving the idea of Gordon and Saquan.

Just a reminder of how annoying fantasy football is....

Dude in 1st place in one of my leagues has 683 points scored, 5-0, 1st place.  There's a dude with just 2 less points, 681, who is 1-4 and tied for next to last place.  Brutal.  

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Dude in 1st place in one of my leagues has 683 points scored, 5-0, 1st place.  There's a dude with just 2 less points, 681, who is 1-4 and tied for next to last place.  Brutal.  

FF is all about luck when you boil it down.

Hail.

14 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

Most of it is.  We do tons of research, analyze matchups, study trends, read injury reports, echeck the weather, etc.  End of the day, our guys producing is totally out of our hands. 

BTW - I see you in first place, brother.  Watch your back, I'm coming for ya Week 10. 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

Guy in my league won the semi-finals a couple years ago on a last-second worthless pass to Tim Hightower as time expired. Half PPR league and I think it was an 18 yard catch as time expired and Saints were down multiple scores. The guy won by like .2 on a 2.3 point play.

Another year, a guy lost by 1 point on a 53 yard FG as time expired (had been down 4 points).

You can put all the work in the world into your team and have a stacked team at the end of the year, but a fluky performance can be your undoing.

Another instance is a couple years ago a guy in my league started out 0-7. He ran the table to finish 6-7 and get the #6 seed. He beat the #3 seed who had a really good consistent season and was 3rd in total points with a 9-4 record. Then he went on to win in the semi-finals and beat the #2 seed who was 10-3 and 2nd in points. I put an end to his run (also 10-3, tops in points) barely eeking him out by like 3 points to take home $800.

The dude almost won the title over 3 very good teams because he got hot and had some good WW adds late in the season. He was 0-7 and was 4 points away from winning 9 in a row and taking the title lol.

1 hour ago, Chew said:

We changed our league so that the team that scores the most points makes the playoffs. We have 3 divisions. Each of the division winner goes to the playoffs. It used to be the team with the next best record. This year, it is the team with the highest season point total that didn’t win their division. I’ve heard other leagues doing this as well. It rewards good teams that maybe had bad luck in matchups. 

Last year in our league a guy who auto-drafted, and didn't even start paying attention until around week 8, won the whole damn thing. His team sat there with guys on bye weeks in his lineup and he was still winning due to down weeks for other guys, or someone on his roster going ham. In the league, it's a tossup between me and one other guy usually dominate in the regular season, and usually both end up with points totals far higher than everyone else. In 8 seasons, I won the whole thing twice, and him once. 

15 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

We changed our league so that the team that scores the most points makes the playoffs. We have 3 divisions. Each of the division winner goes to the playoffs. It used to be the team with the next best record. This year, it is the team with the highest season point total that didn’t win their division. I’ve heard other leagues doing this as well. It rewards good teams that maybe had bad luck in matchups. 

That concept is new to me, and I like it. 

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Last year in our league a guy who auto-drafted, and didn't even start paying attention until around week 8, won the whole damn thing. His team sat there with guys on bye weeks in his lineup and he was still winning due to down weeks for other guys, or someone on his roster going ham. In the league, it's a tossup between me and one other guy usually dominate in the regular season, and usually both end up with points totals far higher than everyone else. In 8 seasons, I won the whole thing twice, and him once. 

I like the Value Points system.  It is a combo system. If you win you get 2 points then if you are in the top 4 scoring teams you get 2 pts, middle 4 scoring teams get 1 pt. I'm 1-4 in one league but am sitting at 7 pts which keeps me in range of the league leaders.

BTW I need that azimuth check on whether I'm out of line or the other guy is out of line on my offer of Crowell, Watkins and Reed offer for Adams (Guy has only 2 RBs - Cohen and Barkley and no TEs).

55 minutes ago, Chew said:

..... BTW - I see you in first place, brother.  Watch your back, I'm coming for ya Week 10. 

giphy.gif

Every year ..... How many ass whoopings is it gonna’ take before you learn young Padawan? ?

24 minutes ago, Chew said:

That concept is new to me, and I like it. 

I like it too.

As of now it’d put you out the playoffs! 

I vote for this!!!!! HA! 

Hail.

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I like the Value Points system.  It is a combo system. If you win you get 2 points then if you are in the top 4 scoring teams you get 2 pts, middle 4 scoring teams get 1 pt. I'm 1-4 in one league but am sitting at 7 pts which keeps me in range of the league leaders.

BTW I need that azimuth check on whether I'm out of line or the other guy is out of line on my offer of Crowell, Watkins and Reed offer for Adams (Guy has only 2 RBs - Cohen and Barkley and no TEs).

Seems fair to me, but trading can be difficult if someone sees value completely differently. I don't think Crowell is great, but he's probably better than Cohen,  and if he has no TEs, adding Reed seems like that makes it a good deal. Watkins is also going to have big weeks. Seems like he thinks Adams is some kind of stud he can't bear to lose. 

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I sat Jefferey this week, he made me nervous after last week, I got burned and it hurts.

How would you have known, though.  I probably would've sat him too.  Jeffery is one of the biggest no-show WRs in fantasy half the time, he disappoints more often than not. 

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I sat Jefferey this week, he made me nervous after last week, I got burned and it hurts.

I saw a few experts that thought that Jenkins covering him, and them being generally better at covering outside receivers, + the their tendency to funnel targets to the middle of the field, made Aghlor and Ertz more likely to do well., and that it would be a down week for Alshon. That first TD was just a scrambling off-schedule thing and the second one was an inside screen from the 1 yard line. It made perfect sense to sit him this week, but you can't predict everything.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

That can't be a Yahoo format though, right? Is that a manual tracker? I'd love to implement that in my league but it's a long-term Yahoo league and we are pretty happy with the format otherwise.

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Most of it is.  We do tons of research, analyze matchups, study trends, read injury reports, echeck the weather, etc.  End of the day, our guys producing is totally out of our hands. 

If I spent as much time and attention over the years analyzing the stock market as I did fantasy football, I could have retired to the Carribbean by now.

33 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That can't be a Yahoo format though, right? Is that a manual tracker? I'd love to implement that in my league but it's a long-term Yahoo league and we are pretty happy with the format otherwise.

That is an option at Fuzzyfantasyfootball.com

Decided to start CT over Alshon for flex (I'm in a PPR and every CT catch is money in the bank) and it looks like I may have made a bad choice.

Oh well. It's not the worst thing in the world to have players producing from the bench because at least they're setting themselves up for more touches as the season goes on.

Archived