Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

5 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Honestly of that group I would go for Carson or Olsen .... or Rivers if you're okay with Winston ROS

@SoulSkin @JamesMadisonSkins

With Gordon and Cook being injured, I'm hesitant to drop another RB in case Bell doesn't play or doesn't get the ball as much.

i'm leaning towards olsen or oj howard.  i like the QB/TE combo action with Winston/Howard.  So release Olsen?  He was a top 3 TE... does the injury put him behind Howard now?  I'm torn.

35 minutes ago, dchogs said:

@SoulSkin @JamesMadisonSkins

With Gordon and Cook being injured, I'm hesitant to drop another RB in case Bell doesn't play or doesn't get the ball as much.

i'm leaning towards olsen or oj howard.  i like the QB/TE combo action with Winston/Howard.  So release Olsen?  He was a top 3 TE... does the injury put him behind Howard now?  I'm torn.

It really depends on the nuances of your league, but I still say Carson is the guy to drop, IF you want to take a chance on Bell. Don't forget Howard and Olsen have been hurt too. If the one you keep goes down again, then good luck finding a decent TE. Gordon's got his bye coming up, so he has a chance to let that hammy heal. I feel like you might be able to stream oddball RBs in an emergency, that could come close to matching Carson. That guy's not winning you a championship. Maybe you could flip Bell later (if I was a Gordon owner, I'd be looking at what the Ekeler owner might be interested in). I don't handcuff much anymore, but I don't think it's a terrible idea as you get to the end of the season with key pieces to your team if you're in contention. 

--

Side note: I'm gonna be a little tilted if the Broncos trade Emmanuel Sanders. He has become money with Keenum. I mean, he could be good somewhere else, but I doubt he'd be the target monster he's been.

I won this week because of Kareem Hunt (and Jarvis Landry). Hunt is so good, I feel like he is overlooked in the fantasy world.  I scored 113.8 points, a solid score, but it could've been so much more. A couple observations: I'm always starting James White from now on. I had Tevin Coleman over him this week, which didn't hurt too bad cuz Coleman had 15.2, but White's ceiling is so much higher. Also, I'm never doubting Trey Burton again. I had Hooper over him, but Burton is clearly Trubisky's favorite target, whereas Hooper is one of many for Ryan.

Feeling good going forward. Goff is my QB and he is gonna be throwing more I feel like as the season progresses. They've had huge leads and they've been running the clock out. He also got benched halfway through the 4th. I trust him.

This week will suck. I'm in a 2 QB league and both my QBs, Ryan and Rivers, have byes. I'm having to start Sam freaking Darnold in Chicago along with Keenum who at least has a good matchup against KC. Coupled with Michel's injury an Hyde being traded to a team that'll only use him as a starter for a couple more weeks is gonna suck. Hopefully Kamara, Hill, Thomas, and Kelce can really start balling out again.

I also am dropping Vikings D this week(playing the Saints)and going with...wait for it...REDSKINS D. Come on, beat the crap out of Eli...

I'd like to nab nick chubb off this guy. Is baldwin a good enough offer or do I have to go with schewster? 

My roster: 

Rb: Carson Crowell jones richard cook barber

Wr: obj hill smith-schewster baldwin

His roster: 

Rb Gurley conner Collins chubb lindsey mixon

Wr watkins Fitzgerald thomas

Very happy to have added RB Jalen Richard and WR’s Geronimo Allison and Tre’Quan Smith off waivers since the weekend.

Leaves me with this roster currently for the stretch:

QB. Trubisky.

RB. Clement/ Eckeler/ Kamara/ Richard.

WR. Allison/ Brown/ Edelman/ Godwin/ Smith/ Thielen. 

TE. Graham.

K.   Lutz.

D.   Jacksonville. (On the verge of finally dropping the Jags and streaming the D week-to-week.).

Very happy with those options. Just a case of selecting the right mix each week now haha.

Hail.

I'm 6-1 now and up by two games in my division. With tough bye weeks ahead, some losses are virtually assured, but that 6 game winning streak should hold me in good stead for a while.

My PPR playoff lineup would look like:

QB Patrick Mahomes 

RB David Johnson 

RB Chris Thompson 

WR Keenan Allen 

WR Robert Woods 

FLEX Alshon Jeffrey 

TE OJ Howard 

D/ST Rams 

K Will Lutz 

The #1 QB and #1 D/ST. Rock solid batch of receivers that keeps delivering week after week. OJ Howard has been a lock for double digits each week. Will Lutz will always have opportunities with that incredible offense. 

My worst area is RB, but if CT can get healthy for the stretch, I've got two starting RBs that basically double as WRs, which is intimidating stuff in a PPR. 

Also, I was able to add Marlon Mack this week. Between that add and Tevin Coleman's status improving with Freeman being moved to IR, I should be able to offset the precipitous drop in value that TJ Yeldon is about to face. 

Just did another friggin trade in my main league. Can't help myself, but I guess when you're 1-6 the only thing to keep you going is the excitement of new players and a trade. Half PPR, 10 teams, 2RB, 2WR, 2 FL

They got: Mark Ingram, Calvin Ridley, Amari Cooper

I got: Le'Veon Bell, Latavius Murray, Ronald Jones

RBs now: Joe Mixon, David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook, Doug Martin, Ronald Jones, Latavius Murray

WRs now: Davante Adams, Mike Evans, Doug Baldwin, Allen Robinson

I really put some thought into this trade. I was actually moving Ingram out of the flex in a tough matchup this week for Baldwin. And with my Week 9 Byes in Mixon and DJ, I can sub in Latavius and Chubb and maybe Bell if he's back. Then for the Week 9 and beyond, assuming Bell is back ... he's in my lineup where Ingram normally would be with Murray and Cook (whoever is healthy) and Baldwin as the next up off the bench.

I actually really wanted Ronald Jones for Ridley and this spun out of that. This guy has been trying to sell me Bell for Ingram for the last 5 weeks and I figure if there's a time to do it, it's now. I was holding Chubb, Mack and Jones for breakouts up until 2 weeks ago and had to drop Mack and Jones to make room for other players (the Cook on and off IR game requiring it). Jones was just claimed this week and now it looks like he might start, so I wanted to bring him back on to hold for keeper value and possibly trade bait. I hit on keeping Chubb and got screwed in dropping Mack. Hopefully Jones delivers haha

If Martin or Jones or even Baldwin start to deliver, I may try to package them to upgrade Evans at WR to a Top 5 guy ... or even upgrade David Johnson to a Todd Gurley (Gurley owner has no RBs behind him so I think he'd listen).

I also lost some keeper value. $20 for Ingram in 2019 and he could be a bellcow on a new team as he's a FA. But I'm likely going to keep Mixon ($37) and Chubb ($20) while also having the options of Adams ($42), Evans ($36), Ron Jones ($20) and David Johnson and Lev Bell for $55, which is a pretty diverse menu of high caliber players to choose from across price spectrums (can only keep 2).

So for me this was more than just a 3-3 a lot of thought went into it, and I think it was justified. Sorry for the long post, just curious what others think with the context of the trade. Half my league is calling me an idiot, and half the league is calling him an idiot. So I guess it's a divisive trade haha

*edit: I need to win 5 of 6 to make the playoffs at 6-7 which is projected last seed right now. If I win 5 of 6 I'll def. have the tie-break over anyone else at 6-7. If I make the playoffs at 6-7 ... my RB/Flex will be Mixon, Johnson, Bell and Cook (if healthy) and WRs Adams and Evans with Baldwin and Chubb off the bench. I gotta imagine if I make a run to make the playoffs then the title, this is the team to do it. It's light years above what anyone else can trot out.

Dalvin Cook continues to disappoint.  My 2nd round pick, RB1, dude's only played in 1 game this season.  Vikes are now saying he's out until week 11. :( 

Can somebody reassure me I'm making the right call?  Need a flex. 

J Nelson vs IND (With Cooper gone, Nelson becomes the #1) 
OR
Amendola @ HOU (Kenny Still is Q, Albert Wilson is on IR), Amendola may end up being the #1 tonight and he's been putting up big numbers the last two weeks as he's Osweiler's favorite target. 

I'm leaning towards J-Nel

19 minutes ago, Chew said:

Dalvin Cook continues to disappoint.  My 2nd round pick, RB1, dude's only played in 1 game this season.  Vikes are now saying he's out until week 11. :( 

Can somebody reassure me I'm making the right call?  Need a flex. 

J Nelson vs IND (With Cooper gone, Nelson becomes the #1) 
OR
Amendola @ HOU (Kenny Still is Q, Albert Wilson is on IR), Amendola may end up being the #1 tonight and he's been putting up big numbers the last two weeks as he's Osweiler's favorite target. 

I'm leaning towards J-Nel

I'd go Amendola. Coopers departure reinforces Cook as the actual #1 in Oakland more than helps Nelson imo.

1 hour ago, bushwack said:

Which 1 player should I put on the bench for this week?:

AP @ NYG

Chubb @ Pit

Hopkins vs. Mia

OBJ vs. Was

Woods vs. GB

M. Mack @ Oak

Chub (Giants in rebuilding mode gives edge to Peterson over Chub and Cleveland will likely be in passing situation in Pit which favors Duke Johnson taking touches away from Chub).

Well someone offered me Reed and Fournette for Kelce (I'm weak at RB) but have already traded for Collins, Jalen Richard, picked up Martin, and had Gore D Foreman and J Williams.

3-4 team so am Mulling it over - I'm thinking I should suck it up with my weak RB situation as Kelce and my WRs will keep me in contention better than Reed will with these RBs. Additionally how effective will Fournette be once he gets back?  Thoughts?

53 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Chub (Giants in rebuilding mode gives edge to Peterson over Chub and Cleveland will likely be in passing situation in Pit which favors Duke Johnson taking touches away from Chub).

I appreciate it, I was thinking Hopkins with his difficult match up and on a short week, but I'm having trouble actually benching Hopkins.

This is what I get for not knowing that I was signed up and auto-drafted... I know I won last week. 

No idea what is going on this week. 

Oh, as far as fantasy, I would have liked the Cowboys to pay Gruden the same and all of the picks to be mediocre into the next decade. 

2 hours ago, bushwack said:

Which 1 player should I put on the bench for this week?:

AP @ NYG

Chubb @ Pit

Hopkins vs. Mia

OBJ vs. Was

Woods vs. GB

M. Mack @ Oak

My first opinion was Chubb too but Mack had a DNP today. Something to keep an eye on. 

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

My first opinion was Chubb too but Mack had a DNP today. Something to keep an eye on. 

Yeah, I've noticed that and will monitor.  Thanks for the input, I'm starting Hopkins tonight and currently have Mack on the bench but will start him over Chubb assuming he's healthy and active on Sunday.

Update on the brutal season for a guy in one of my leagues.  He leads the league in scoring with 985 pts (140 pts per week, which is insane) and he's 2-5, 10th place out of 12.  No surprise, he's also tops in points against.  Fantasy is pure luck. 

Thank god it's not a money league, otherwise I'd be throwing and breaking stuff if that were me. 

21 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well someone offered me Reed and Fournette for Kelce (I'm weak at RB) but have already traded for Collins, Jalen Richard, picked up Martin, and had Gore D Foreman and J Williams.

3-4 team so am Mulling it over - I'm thinking I should suck it up with my weak RB situation as Kelce and my WRs will keep me in contention better than Reed will with these RBs. Additionally how effective will Fournette be once he gets back?  Thoughts?

Swerve it. 

Gruden doesn’t have a clue how to utilise Reed and the Jaguars didn’t trade for Hyde for fun. Something’s not right at all with Fournette. Maybe hes back for the playoffs but I have my doubts.

I can see him being done this year and them hoping he’s fully healthy for camp next.

Hail.

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sweve it. 

Gruden doesn’t have a clue how to utilise Reed and the  Jaguars didn’t trade for Hyde for fun. Something’s not right at all with Fournette. Maybe hes back for the playoffs but I have my doubts.

I can see him being done this year and them hoping he’s fully healthy for camp. 

Hail.

Yeah I passed on the offer. 

i need help in my keeper league.  I am 1-6 and 3 games out of the wildcard spot

Everyone wants Zeke from me, caveat: I can't keep him after this year so at least i want to get something in return for me

I'm getting Will Fuller(14th round for 2019 value) and Jerrick McKinnion (3rd round pick) for zeke.  

Is that enough?

Archived