Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

So, my season is trending in the wrong direction.  However, it is an auction keeper league where, basically, I can keep any players on my team at the end of the year for 150% of their value in this years draft.  For example, because he was hurt, I was able to snag Guice for $3, and I can therefore keep him for $5 next year ($3 x 1.5 = $4.5, then rounded up to $5).  

I think I'm going to try to get a head start on trading my good, expensive assets for the people that were drafted cheaply this year but project to being awesome next year.  Mahomes comes to mind.  Who else would you be targeting?

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Started skins d; playing against chicago d. 

RIP this fantasy week. 

Indeed.  I started skins D in one league...not looking good.

And unless Goff puts up 30, I'm going  to have my lowest score in the ES league in 4 years.  Absolutely dreadful week in fantasy.

C'mon James, three more points buddy. If I lose I'll be devastated. Don't want this Kareem Hunt effort to go to waste.

I swear Goff wasn't looking at Woods at all the second half. He was wiiiide open on several plays. ?

Annnnnd now White is injured. Jesus.

White back in. He just got stuffed at the goal line. If I lose by 2 points I will be irate. He had 12 points after the first quarter.

30 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

C'mon James, three more points buddy. If I lose I'll be devastated. Don't want this Kareem Hunt effort to go to waste.

I swear Goff wasn't looking at Woods at all the second half. He was wiiiide open on several plays. ?

Annnnnd now White is injured. Jesus.

James?/ As in James White?  If so nothing to worry about.

Edit Injured huH?

Yes! My opponent scores 126.1 and I still win ? He had Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, and Bears defense. White, Hunt, and Goff carried me, with a little Trey Burton and Woods to boot. 136.4 points as of now. Patriots finally started utilizing White that last drive. Loved that trick play.

6-3 in good position for the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I cut Skins D and picked up Cowboys D this week. Sorry, in fantasy the head triumphs over the heart.

Same. sigh. I picked them up, then dropped them for Dallas. Skins D should be good right at playoff time though. I'm looking to pick em up again after they probably get dropped at some point over the next couple of weeks. 

Also dropping Kyle Rudolph for Herndon on the Jets. If he can't do anything with Diggs out, it's time to cut bait. I really thought he'd be at least a middle of the pack TE with Kirk, not bottom of the barrel. I'll just roll with Burton, or stream someone else who can probably get me the signature Rudolph 3 pointer. Actually, I think I'd rather stash the Skins D for later than keep him. 8-1 despite my insistence on starting him over Burton way to many times.

In one of my leagues I'm 8-1 in first place and this week am playing the team in 2nd place that is also 8-1.  His two quarterbacks are Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger.  He played Cam and got 15 points, instead of Ben getting 35. 

he-chose-poorly.jpg

I also subbed in Pittsburgh's D this week due to a bye and they got me 15 points.  Still will be a dogfight, but it's a good start.

*Missed updating last week as I was out of the EU in Belgrade for a time which messes up your plan and costs a fortune. 

Well now Hell!

I make two personnel mistakes in consecutive weeks and it costs me more or less the exact same both times! 2 straight loses to drop me to 7-3.

Last week, I picked up both the Viking's and Redskins D. Rolled with the Redskins against Atlanta ..... The Viking's D went on a tear with a record 10 sacks to put up 22 points. The ‘Slins layed an egg and scored ZERO points ..... I lost the contest by 20.58 points. Wrong choice of D cost me. 

****ing Redskins!!!!!

This week, with Brown and Thielan on byes, I had either Chris Godwin or Tre’quan Smith left at wideout. I rolled with Smith with the Saints up against the worst pass D the NFL and Brees spreading it around ..... The Saints O goes off on one to the tune of 51 poonts. Brees rocks up with 3 TD’s through the air. Targetting 9 different players. Connecting with 7 ..... Smith meanwhile ...... ZERO points from ZERO targets. Like WTF? SERIOUSLY, WTF?!!!!!

Whilst over in Tamoa, Godwin has his second best game of the year and puts up 17.30 points. 

I lost this one by ..... 11.38. 

Two weeks. Two bad drcisions costing me the W. Two unbelivable ZERO point returns off those decisions both weeks. 

The common denominator? .....

THE ****ING REDSKINS!!!! 

7-3. 7 W’s down. 6 to go! 

Still tied for first with one other team. But the next 5 times are all now sat a game behind at 6-4. 

Things just got REAL tight the ES League when two different choices would have had me WELL clear. 

*Leaving to kick my dumb, no luck ass all over town. 

HUMPH!!!!!

Hail. 

Bad news: I lost this week because I started Marlon Mack over Aaron Jones. Mack's matchup was worse, but Aaron Jones hadn't put up more than 16 PPR points all season. I wasn't expecting him to absolutely explode the way Mack has twice already this season. It was a tough call and I made the wrong one. 

Good news: With those two and David Johnson, I've slowly built a potentially deadly group of PPR backs for the playoffs. 7-3 now and the team has really started cranking out points lately. I just ran into a 154 point buzzsaw this week from a team that probably won't even make the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

Bad news: I lost this week because I started Marlon Mack over Aaron Jones. Mack's matchup was worse, but Aaron Jones hadn't put up more than 16 PPR points all season. I wasn't expecting him to absolutely explode the way Mack has twice already this season. It was a tough call and I made the wrong one. 

You made the right choice, Mack was supposed to blow up.  I would've done the same. 

As much as my lineup keeps me up at night, I sometimes forget that fantasy football is 85% luck.  We competitive, Type A fantasy players do all this research, crunching numbers, analyzing match ups, finding trends, studying tendencies, following injury reports, etc.  End of the day, our fantasy lineups are just farts in the wind.  It's the Football gods who decide which way the wind blows. 

If everyone in your league has a general understanding of football, it's not like the guy in 1st place is "better at fantasy" than the guy in last place.  Just crap luck, injuries, and guys not producing. 

Archived