Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

28 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm getting sort of desperate. I built my team to have upside but also solid starters in the meantime. Losing Mixon and Baldwin is gonna hurt. I have a bench stashed with upside guys and Mark Ingram.

Trying to work with the guy who has Tevin Coleman and Aaron Jones ... trying to get those 2 from him and Quincy Enunwa ... he's deep at WR and only has Coleman, Jones, Zeke and James White at RB. Thinking about throwing him Mark Ingram and Marlon Mack for Jones, Coleman and Enunwa.

I'm doing this purely based on the fact I expect Jones to become the starter in GB and I know I can get 1-2 solid weeks of RB1/2 from Coleman until Mixon returns.

It also buys me a couple more weeks to get to a more stable (hopefully) role  from my bench guys of Michel, Kerryon and Penny. I was hoping to hold Ingram and get him, Baldwin and Mixon back around the same time, but I'm 0-2 and my next two opponensts on papers are definite losses. So I could be 0-4 which I fear is a hole too deep to dig out of, even with starting Newton, Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Adams, Baldwin, Thomas and Reed Week 5.

This guy also has Majomes and Rodgers. May try to get one of them, althogh my QBs of FItz (WW this week) and Newton aren't my issue.

Current roster:

QB: Newton, Fitzpatrick

RB: D. Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Michel, K. Johnson, Mack
WR: Adams, Baldwin, D. Thomas, Cobb

TE: Reed, Kittle

I have Cam and Fitz too. Which one are you starting this week? I've missed out on the Fitz storm thus far, but I feel like I should finally start him this week. I assume he'll finally have a stinker then :(

24 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

I have Cam and Fitz too. Which one are you starting this week? I've missed out on the Fitz storm thus far, but I feel like I should finally start him this week. I assume he'll finally have a stinker then :(

I'm currently putting Fitz in there because the Steelers are a juicy matchup. I don't know. I doubt he can do it 3x in a row but he did it against a good Eagles defense so IDK, rolling the dice. Don't have much to lose.

Common options that might be out there as sort of emergency pickups at TE. OJ Howard, Ricky Seals-Jones (played most snaps of any TE), Jake Butt (think he's slowly taking over), Austin Serafin-Jenkins (meh), Austin Hooper (very hyped offseason, was expected to be way more involved), Ian Thomas (was supposed to replace Olsen, just next year, now he's the guy for at least numerous weeks), and Hayden Hurst (coming back soon). I still think MacDonald will overtake James, but that's just a guess. 

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Trying to work with the guy who has Tevin Coleman and Aaron Jones ... trying to get those 2 from him and Quincy Enunwa ... he's deep at WR and only has Coleman, Jones, Zeke and James White at RB. Thinking about throwing him Mark Ingram and Marlon Mack for Jones, Coleman and Enunwa.

I'm doing this purely based on the fact I expect Jones to become the starter in GB and I know I can get 1-2 solid weeks of RB1/2 from Coleman until Mixon returns.

It also buys me a couple more weeks to get to a more stable (hopefully) role  from my bench guys of Michel, Kerryon and Penny. I was hoping to hold Ingram and get him, Baldwin and Mixon back around the same time, but I'm 0-2 and my next two opponensts on papers are definite losses. So I could be 0-4 which I fear is a hole too deep to dig out of, even with starting Newton, Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Adams, Baldwin, Thomas and Reed Week 5.

Current roster:

RB: D. Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Michel, K. Johnson, Mack, (Penny?)
WR: Adams, Baldwin, D. Thomas, Cobb

TE: Reed, Kittle

I dunno, JMS... seems like you're giving up two 1's for a 2 (when Freeman is back healthy) and a question mark just to get a receiver.  If you're patient, you should have DJ, Mixon, Ingram, Adams, and Baldwin starting (assuming its 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR/TE).  That looks better to me than DJ, Mixon, Adams, Baldwin, Enunwa.  The fact that you have DJ, Mack, Adams, D.Thomas, Cobb now isn't great, but there's gotta be someone on the WW that you can grab to replace one or both of Thomas/Cobb.  I wouldn't give up your future potential for a marginal immediate gain.

i have hopkins and juju right now (i didn't envision sitting a healthy Odell... but Manning is such a useless pos these days that NOBODY can look good with him)

however... if Gordon plays, i can EASILY imagine him getting a temporary turbo-boost of dedication and clarity, and and a brief episode of seeing what he really is capable of (which is truly obscenely awesome)...until the normal doldrums set in, and he eventually implodes and trips over his own crank, again

9 hours ago, dchogs said:

I dunno, JMS... seems like you're giving up two 1's for a 2

Coleman could seize job from Freeman if he performs well. Would you do Ingram for Rodgers and Coleman? He has Mahomes and needs RBs badly. I have Cam but the idea of Rodgers to Adams is enticing. I could probably trade Cam for a piece too if I wanted to 

id get Coleman for 2-3 weeks to get a win streak going in hopes of Michel and Kerryon or Penny emerging full time to be my RB3 even if Coleman doesn’t start more than 2-3 weeks. 

I just traded Cobb and Kittle for Amari Cooper and OJ Howard. Now my WRs are Adams, Cooper, Demaryius and Baldwin.

ive gotta figure out a way to parlay Mack/Penny/Ingram into a stop gap starter to get me some wins while I await Mixon.  No one is interested in Penny and Mack so far hence my desperation of moving Ingram into the conversation. Oh well. 

This is the fallout over over not getting Bernard on FAAB. If I got Bernard (went for 30 and I put a 26 bid) I’d be perfectly happy standing pat. 

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Mahomes wasn't rostered?!?

Also you'll need to change your team now to Pouring one out for Mahomes or... Chilling with Mahomes. ?

I'm in an 8 team league and it's STILL crazy he wasn't rostered. He's comfortably top 12 right now, even with the assumption that he will fall back to earth.

My team name is always Washington Football Club, but I do love those Mahomes ones ?

14 hours ago, nonniey said:

no

Depends on the makeup of the roster. Ingram has finished RB8, RB10 and RB6 the last 3 years. And the Saints are clearly missing him as their primary runner. Wouldn't surprise me if he is a weekyl RB1 once he returns in Week 5 and then 7-13 (has a BYE in Week 6).

JuJu is getting peppered and that offense has to score points this year. If Brown misses any time or has any more drama, JuJu is the guy. You are getting an RB1 and a WR2 with WR1 upside in exchange for an RB1 on a bad offense. IDK, I think it could go either way.

10 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Coleman could seize job from Freeman if he performs well. Would you do Ingram for Rodgers and Coleman? He has Mahomes and needs RBs badly. I have Cam but the idea of Rodgers to Adams is enticing. I could probably trade Cam for a piece too if I wanted to 

id get Coleman for 2-3 weeks to get a win streak going in hopes of Michel and Kerryon or Penny emerging full time to be my RB3 even if Coleman doesn’t start more than 2-3 weeks. 

I just traded Cobb and Kittle for Amari Cooper and OJ Howard. Now my WRs are Adams, Cooper, Demaryius and Baldwin.

ive gotta figure out a way to parlay Mack/Penny/Ingram into a stop gap starter to get me some wins while I await Mixon.  No one is interested in Penny and Mack so far hence my desperation of moving Ingram into the conversation. Oh well. 

This is the fallout over over not getting Bernard on FAAB. If I got Bernard (went for 30 and I put a 26 bid) I’d be perfectly happy standing pat. 

so right now you have this, right?

RB: D. Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Mack, Michel, K. Johnson, Penny
WR: Cooper, Adams, Baldwin, D. Thomas

TE: Reed, Howard

So, depending on your setup, you'd start  DJ, Mack, Cooper, Adams, Thomas for the next two weeks if you stand pat, but then you'd get Ingram and (potentially) Mixon back to have DJ, Ingram, Mixon, Cooper, Adams.  You'll be SET in 2 weeks... make a late run, be the team no one wants to play in the playoffs and ride into the sunset victorious.

I wouldn't trade Rodgers for Ingram straight up, let along having to give you Coleman too.  You'd likely have to go Cam and Ingram to get Rodgers and Coleman.

If you were trading with me, I wouldn't touch Michel (Patriots RB) or Penny (Seattle line).  Maybe you could package Baldwin and Johnson (or Baldwin and Mack?) to get a temporary upgrade at RB that you could plug in over Thomas in your 2 week line-up.  The problem is that all of those guys have some serious red flags.  I just wouldn't give up 8 weeks with your strong line up to maybe be stronger for 2 weeks.

22 minutes ago, dchogs said:

If you were trading with me, I wouldn't touch Michel (Patriots RB) or Penny (Seattle line).  Maybe you could package Baldwin and Johnson (or Baldwin and Mack?) to get a temporary upgrade at RB that you could plug in over Thomas in your 2 week line-up.  The problem is that all of those guys have some serious red flags.  I just wouldn't give up 8 weeks with your strong line up to maybe be stronger for 2 weeks.

I'm really high on Michel and Kerryon. Michel because of the Patriots offense supporting 2 RB1s the last couple years and him being a 1st round pick. Kerryon I was high on but now am a bit worried about because of the passing volume in Detroit. But those 2 guys would be on my bench waiting to "break out" ... and my lineup would include Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Cooper, Baldwin, Adams starting in Week 5. Obviously there's bye-weeks and unforeseen injuries, but my depth shuold be decent with Demaryius, Sony, Mack, Kerryon and Penny on my bench.

This guy has Mahomes and Rodgers. And he's told me he'd rather trade Rodgers, which makes me think I can buy-low on him. His RBs are Zeke, James White, Coleman and Aaron Jones. He's also 2-0. So my thinking is he gives me Rodgers and Coleman for Ingram, gives himself a sure-fire RB1/2 to backup Zeke in his lineup, and trades "his" #2 QBs.

I'm all about being that guy who rides storng the 2nd half and into the playoffs. I built my team to basically be that and knew I'd struggle the first 3-4 weeks. But I also didnt expect to be 0-4. WHile I'm 0-2 and could very well go 2-2, I'm facing the top 2 scoring teams who are 2-0 to this point and have very strong rosters the next two weeks, so I'm proceeding under the assumption I'll be 0-4. But I may be 0-4 with Rodger and Coleman and if that's the case, why make the trade. I hear ya.

I sat Landry, for what reason I don't know. I picked Robert Woods over him. He was on the injury report all week with a knee issue, I thought maybe a short week with Taylor passing the ball....Mayfield came in and he ended up having a great game.  My opponent had Crowell too ?

Looking like it might be one of those years. 0-2 staring 0-3 in the face. I'm gonna need Diggs and Hunt to tear it to have any shot at the crown, those are my two biggest players.  Prescott is my QB, I'm giving him one more week to show me something then I'm looking at the waiver wire or a trade.

I'm starting Coleman over Drake this week, that's the only big decision I have left.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:45 AM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm really high on Michel and Kerryon. Michel because of the Patriots offense supporting 2 RB1s the last couple years and him being a 1st round pick. Kerryon I was high on but now am a bit worried about because of the passing volume in Detroit. But those 2 guys would be on my bench waiting to "break out" ... and my lineup would include Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Cooper, Baldwin, Adams starting in Week 5. Obviously there's bye-weeks and unforeseen injuries, but my depth shuold be decent with Demaryius, Sony, Mack, Kerryon and Penny on my bench.

This guy has Mahomes and Rodgers. And he's told me he'd rather trade Rodgers, which makes me think I can buy-low on him. His RBs are Zeke, James White, Coleman and Aaron Jones. He's also 2-0. So my thinking is he gives me Rodgers and Coleman for Ingram, gives himself a sure-fire RB1/2 to backup Zeke in his lineup, and trades "his" #2 QBs.

I'm all about being that guy who rides storng the 2nd half and into the playoffs. I built my team to basically be that and knew I'd struggle the first 3-4 weeks. But I also didnt expect to be 0-4. WHile I'm 0-2 and could very well go 2-2, I'm facing the top 2 scoring teams who are 2-0 to this point and have very strong rosters the next two weeks, so I'm proceeding under the assumption I'll be 0-4. But I may be 0-4 with Rodger and Coleman and if that's the case, why make the trade. I hear ya.

Rogers and Coleman for Ingram?  Would you do that right now if you were him?

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Rogers and Coleman for Ingram?  Would you do that right now if you were him?

I'm not sure. It's a 10-team league where everyone currently owns either a "top tier" QB or 2 streamers who can be Top 5 any given week (Rivers/Ryan for example). QBs have never traded for much in this league. For example, I got Cam Newton and Rashaad Penny before Week 1 for Marshawn Lynch.

If he intends to roll with Mahomes for the rest of the season and he's as bought-in to him as he seems to be, then I could see it.

His current RBs are Ezekiel Elliot, James White, Tevin Coleman and Aaron Jones. He's 2-0 and in 1st place and getting Ingram would upgrade his RB core substantially IMO.

Now, the trade for me would hinge on Coleman. If I felt like he would give me RB1 value for 2 weeks then go back to RB3/flex territory when Freeman is back, I'd do it. If I think Coleman seizes the job and Freeeman takes a back seat upon return, I don't touch the trade because I would have Coleman as a legit RB2.

I want Coleman because I'm 0-2 and need to score points the next 2 weeks to have any chance of being 1-3 or 2-2. And I have Ingram sitting on my bench. And if I'm 0-4, it'll be hard to climb out even if my 1-2-3 at RB and WR are Johnson, Mixon, Ingram and Baldwin, Adams and Cooper

On 9/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, grego said:

Would you trade Ezekiel Elliot for juju ss and Mark Ingram? 

Who will you have left at RB besides Ingram?

On 9/19/2018 at 12:55 PM, mcsluggo said:

FIrst world problems.... 

start 2 from:

Hopkins

Odel

juju

gordon

Giants are 2nd in the league in pass defense if you look at yards (Texans play them), and chances are that Will Fuller will steal catches from Hopkins, he's one of the best #2's in the league, IMO.

Bucs play Pitt and they are 31st against the pass.

Jesus, it's only week 3 and my RB situation is toast.  I only carry 4 RBs.  My two starters, Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook -- both OUT this week. 

Luckily I picked up Gio Bernard to fill in for Mixon.  I have Bilal Powell but he already played last night.    So as of right now, I don't even have a body to plug in for RB2.   The waiver wire RBS available are trash

This is the same league where I lost Mr. reliable TE Delanie Walker for the season.  Gonna be a loooong year.    :kickcan:

::EDIT::  And 10 seconds after I posted this response, it was just announced  that Julio Jones is now questionable, he's my WR1.  How is this happening?!?! 

Archived