Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Traded Emmanuel Sanders for Lynch b/c I'm weak at RB and loaded at WR.  Also dropped Ronald Jones II for TJ Yeldon. 

Someone just claimed Yeldon off of waivers for a $100 fee this week our league.

i’m putring It down to a slip of the finger and an extra ‘0’ the end they never realised surely?

Hail.

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Someone just claimed Yeldon off of waivers for a $100 fee this week our league.

i’m putring It down to a slip of the finger and an extra ‘0’ the end they never realised surely?

Hail.

Holy crapola. I put in $3 for Yeldon in our league.  :rofl89:

For a Honda dollars, somebody must've really wanted him :rofl89:.  you're probably right, though.  It had to be an accident. 

Reference Jared Cook -  Since TE seems to be the shallowest position this year do you all think it would be a good a idea to spend 15-20% of your FA$ getting him if you don't need him? I have a couple of teams where where I'm strong or even  very strong at TE but may grab him for trade bait given the shortage of decent TEs.

Thoughts?

BTW (In a league that needs a 3rd  WR and a 2d TE behind Gronk)

Prioritize  -  Enuwa, D Jackson, Dorsett and Cook?

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Reference Jared Cook -  Since TE seems to be the shallowest position this year do you all think it would be a good a idea to spend 15-20% of your FA$ getting him if you don't need him? I have a couple of teams where where I'm strong or even  very strong at TE but may grab him for trade bait given the shortage of decent TEs.

Thoughts?

If this is PPR, I think Enuwa is 1 out of the WRs. I read a few times how he was going to be a focal point for them in the offseason, didn't really buy it, and then game one he gets targeted 10 times. I think he'll be a steadier option than DJax or Dorsett. I could be wrong, but I expect them to be boom/bust types (which DJax has pretty much always been after leaving Philly). Cook, I don't have a real good feel for though. FWIW, I do remember one of the announcers, at the beginning of the game after his first catch, saying how the coaches told him during the week that they loved how he matched up with the Rams.

I'm really torn between Peterson and Drake as my second RB this week. The Colts defense is dreadful and we may look to pound the ball if it is going to rain (I don't think weather will be much of an issue). I sort of think we may try to involve Kelley more too this week and there is always Thompson on third down. I do think AP will be the goal line back. Drake had a disappointing first week but he is talented and I drafted him high. Frank Gore is stealing some of his touches, but I think Drake will command most of the carries as the season progresses. Jets appear to have a good defense. I dunno...my other RB is Kareem Hunt and I'm definitely starting him.

Would you trade Isiah Crowell for Tyler Lockett? It's a .5 PPR where you start 3 WRs and 2 RBs

I need a 3rd WR to start now that Baldwin is injured.  

MY WRs are Hogan, Baldwin, Kennan Allen, DeVante Parker, Amendola and Gin

RBs - Zeke, Burkhead, Drake, Crowell

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I'm really torn between Peterson and Drake as my second RB this week. The Colts defense is dreadful and we may look to pound the ball if it is going to rain (I don't think weather will be much of an issue). I sort of think we may try to involve Kelley more too this week and there is always Thompson on third down. I do think AP will be the goal line back. Drake had a disappointing first week but he is talented and I drafted him high. Frank Gore is stealing some of his touches, but I think Drake will command most of the carries as the season progresses. Jets appear to have a good defense. I dunno...my other RB is Kareem Hunt and I'm definitely starting him.

If i'm in your shoes, i'm going with AP.  kelly is not stealing any carries and CT is not stealing anything from AP.  Rain and the redskins will pound hte ball down the colts throat.  Their defense is so bad, and we will be playing with a lead 

I need some reassurances. Built my team for the long-haul of the season but after a -2 from NO and a 0 from Baldwin, I lost 120-114 last week despite good performances from most of my roster.

Sony Michel should be starting soon. Rex having a concussion and Hill having an ACL could mean sooner rather than later

Mark Ingram has been RB6, 10, 8, 10 the last 4 years. When I get him back Week 5 I should have at least a weekly RB2 if not RB1

Kerryon Johnson looked good on MNF and hopefully Patricia wisens up and starts playing him

Marlon Mack should play this week but Wilkins didn't seize the job last week

Rashaad Penny is the longer play, likely to get a shot at bell-cow only if Carson gets hurt

Those 5 RBs are on my bench behind David Johnson and Joe Mixon in a half point PPR.

I'm currently rolling out Randall Cobb and George Kittle in the Flex (unless Sony starts Sunday).

I'm looking to go down 0-2. But I'm trying not to panic. My WRs are Davante Adams, Doug Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas and Randall Cobb. TE Jordan Reed. QB Smith and Newton.

Right now I'm juggling Michel, Kittle, Cobb at Flex until I get some more assurances. But come Week 4/5 when Baldwin and Ingram are back, they're my Flex unless Michel or Kerryon emerge to be dominant (which i do expect) then I can play the matchups.

Tell me I'm good to stand pat?

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I need some reassurances. Built my team for the long-haul of the season but after a -2 from NO and a 0 from Baldwin, I lost 120-114 last week despite good performances from most of my roster.

That exact combo is what lost me my game, too.  I think your team looks good.  I went with a similar strategy of drafting young guys that should hopefully pan out down the line.  On paper your team still has a lot of strength in it and there's no reason to go out and make moves that are short term gain/long term loss.  I'm not making any moves this week despite the urge to do so. Now's not the time to panic, you can't overreact to week 1.

7 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Would you trade Isiah Crowell for Tyler Lockett? It's a .5 PPR where you start 3 WRs and 2 RBs

If i'm in your shoes, i'm going with AP.  kelly is not stealing any carries and CT is not stealing anything from AP.  Rain and the redskins will pound hte ball down the colts throat.  Their defense is so bad, and we will be playing with a lead 

IE Crowell -I'd expect you should be able to get a better WR for Crowell just now so I wouldn't do that deal.

5 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Sony Michel should be starting soon. Rex having a concussion and Hill having an ACL could mean sooner rather than later

Mark Ingram has been RB6, 10, 8, 10 the last 4 years. When I get him back Week 5 I should have at least a weekly RB2 if not RB1

Kerryon Johnson looked good on MNF and hopefully Patricia wisens up and starts playing him

Marlon Mack should play this week but Wilkins didn't seize the job last week

Rashaad Penny is the longer play, likely to get a shot at bell-cow only if Carson gets hurt

Those 5 RBs are on my bench behind David Johnson and Joe Mixon in a half point PPR.

I'm currently rolling out Randall Cobb and George Kittle in the Flex (unless Sony starts Sunday).

I'm looking to go down 0-2. But I'm trying not to panic. My WRs are Davante Adams, Doug Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas and Randall Cobb. TE Jordan Reed. QB Smith and Newton.

Right now I'm juggling Michel, Kittle, Cobb at Flex until I get some more assurances. But come Week 4/5 when Baldwin and Ingram are back, they're my Flex unless Michel or Kerryon emerge to be dominant (which i do expect) then I can play the matchups.

You maybe deluding yourself with Michel and K. Johnson.   They are good stashes but unusable this week. White will be the back in New England if Rex can't go and Johnson is still mired in a committee.

8 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I would not make that trade for the simple fact that I think Crowell is the better player than Lockett and will score more points throughout the year. I don't believe in Burkhead or any Patriots RB cuz of the way they rotate, and I'm not convinced Drake will be the cowbell in Miami as evidenced by my previous post. I think you are good at WR with Hogan, Allen, and Parker.

2 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Carlos Hyde or Alex Collins. Pierre Garçon or Cory Davis. Serious predicament here. 

Collins and Garçon. I don't trust any Titans WR their offense is shaky with Mariota right now.

I was playing some auction drafts last night on the Draft App, and some guy nominated these players

Leonard Fornette

Leveon Bell

Aaron Rodgers

I passed on them all. In this format you pick 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR and it's only for this week. If you get a zero you pretty much lost.

That poor guy didn't get anyone to bid on those guys and won them for $1 each (minimum bid) and imo eliminated himself from the competition. I thought it was pretty funny he may have well just set his money on fire playing like that

On 9/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, The Evil Genius said:

AP or Demaryus Thomas at Flex this week in a ppr 1 pt league?

AP easy. Colts can't stop the rusher and with the weather the offense may not do much passing this week. Denver plays the Raiders tougher matchup

On 9/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, nonniey said:

Thoughts?

Playing keep away is a viable strategy so I have no issue with this. 

Probably late but priority - 1). Enuwa (if you need WR), 2). Cook (if you need TE or want some trade bait), then a super far distance to get to Desean then Dorsett. The first two guys I think will give you playable value the ros, where as the last two guys are only going to be good for the next three weeks. Fitzmagic throws to WR's, Jamies throws to TE's as his first option. Dorsett will quickly lose his value once Julian returns. 

13 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Peterson would be my suggestion. While he gives up passing game work and third down work Miami last game was a scary RBBC to me. Gore was better with his carries then Drake. Drake had more touches then Gore. I'm worried they become a true 50-50 this week. Plus that JETS defense was much better than we thought last week. AP has the easier path to 20 touches imo

8 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Tyler Lockett? No, I wouldn't do that. I'd find someone on WW to throw in there. I would not get rid of crow this week. He just had a great game, including a 61 yard rush last week. I wouldn't move him. And I think you can find similar volume on the WW this week compared to Lockett

6 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It happens don't sweat the small stuff. Keep grinding

Sony Michel should be starting soon. Rex having a concussion and Hill having an ACL could mean sooner rather than later - #1 rule of Fantasy Football. Do not trust New England RBs. This will frustrate you when you break the #1 rule of fantasy football

Mark Ingram has been RB6, 10, 8, 10 the last 4 years. When I get him back Week 5 I should have at least a weekly RB2 if not RB1 - I agree with this. 

Kerryon Johnson looked good on MNF and hopefully Patricia wisens up and starts playing him - Umm what game were you watching? I watched this game and dude looked garbage. 5 carries for 17 yards? I wouldn't want any piece of the Lions backfield personally

Marlon Mack should play this week but Wilkins didn't seize the job last week - Mack didn't look good last year. The RB I want from the Colts isn't Mack it's Hines. All offseason all I heard was how they were using him everywhere in the offense and last game he had 5 carries and 9 passing targets. With usage like that this is the guy imo you want

Rashaad Penny is the longer play, likely to get a shot at bell-cow only if Carson gets hurt - Hard to say because no one can trust Pete Carroll but CC gets injured a lot. 

Depends on your WW. If someone like Bilal Powell was out there I'd have no problem with you grabbing him for one of those other guys. Or someone like Hines. Or someone else better hard to say if you should make a move right now. Once you get something out of Sony I'd be looking to trade him. In fact outside of Ingram I'd be wanting to trade all of them. 

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I would not bench Kittle as he is definitely option 1 for Jimmy G now (even more so now that Goodwin is dealing with a deep though contusion).

He's going to be targeted a lot.

Well said. Kittle led the 9ers in targets last week and this week they play the Lions. 49ers bounce back this week

3 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Carlos Hyde or Alex Collins. Pierre Garçon or Cory Davis. Serious predicament here. 

I am a volume guy. I want to play the guy who I think gives me the best option for volume. With that said 22 of the Browns RB carries last week went to Carlos Hyde. I think he's the better option between Collins who was benched last game for fumbling.

Garcon did crappy last week dropping a sure TD. Davis did great leading his team in passing targets.  Mariotta is still expected to play this weekend. I'm playing Davis as long as MM goes

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I would not make that trade for the simple fact that I think Crowell is the better player than Lockett and will score more points throughout the year. I don't believe in Burkhead or any Patriots RB cuz of the way they rotate, and I'm not convinced Drake will be the cowbell in Miami as evidenced by my previous post. I think you are good at WR with Hogan, Allen, and Parker.

Collins and Garçon. I don't trust any Titans WR their offense is shaky with Mariota right now.

Collins vs a stout Cincy D line? 

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Sony Michel should be starting soon. Rex having a concussion and Hill having an ACL could mean sooner rather than later - #1 rule of Fantasy Football. Do not trust New England RBs. This will frustrate you when you break the #1 rule of fantasy football

When was the last time the Pats used a 1st round pick on a RB, it may be a couple weeks but Michel is going to get a chance to be a solid flex and I'll have him stashed on my bench to reap the rewards when that happens.

Archived