Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

When was the last time the Pats used a 1st round pick on a RB, it may be a couple weeks but Michel is going to get a chance to be a solid flex and I'll have him stashed on my bench to reap the rewards when that happens.

I know it's not been done since Maroney in 2006 and I get that.

Thing I don't get is how we can trust this situation at this point. I know I am not the only one who was burned by Patriot RBs over the past 15 years. Am I bitter? No, but the idea of not trusting Patriots RBs for Fantasy Football has been around much much longer then Sony has been with this team. Every year there is a guy who we think is going to be awesome and worth the roster stash and it turns out he isn't. This year it was Sony or Hill. To the drafters of Hill you have my condolences. 

It seems logical that we should start seeing what Sony can do this week. All they have is James White, Rex Burkhead (concussion issues), Sony Michel  and Kenjon Barner (Signed off the street this week) so I see a clear path to volume with Sony now. Wasn't as clear when Hill was still in the mix. 

But remember last year it was Gillislee and that guy didn't work out. The years before there were other guys like Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen. Didn't work out for them either. There is a much longer history of players regretting drafting Patriot RBs then people being happy they did. Its high risk with possibility of reward but in the end the juice has to be worth the squeeze right because if you buy crap your going to get crap. 

Now with that sad what are Sony's chances this year? Well he missed most all of training camp due to a knee issue he got August 4th and he's yet to play in any game situation in the NFL. Do we know if he can pass protect? Not yet. Which makes him even less likely to get a starting spot. I can't trust this until I see it with my own eyes 

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Now with that sad what are Sony's chances this year? Well he missed most all of training camp due to a knee issue he got August 4th and he's yet to play in any game situation in the NFL. Do we know if he can pass protect? Not yet. Which makes him even less likely to get a starting spot. I can't trust this until I see it with my own eyes 

All fair points, I got him so deep in the draft I thought it was worth the chance, my thought was he wouldn't be a real RB2 play until week 6 or so and I was good with that.

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I am a volume guy. I want to play the guy who I think gives me the best option for volume. With that said 22 of the Browns RB carries last week went to Carlos Hyde. I think he's the better option between Collins who was benched last game for fumbling.

Garcon did crappy last week dropping a sure TD. Davis did great leading his team in passing targets.  Mariotta is still expected to play this weekend. I'm playing Davis as long as MM goes

Goodwin will most likely be out, Garçon will be targeted a lot and is a sure pass catcher. Corey Davis seems iffy to me with a somewhat healthy Mariota. Maybe I’m wrong with Walker being injured but I’m stumped on this decision. 

2 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Collins vs a stout Cincy D line? 

Yes.  He is going to rebound this week and get more carries, something like 14 carries for 75 yards and a TD.  He'll get a few receptions too.  I'd pick him over Carlos Hyde for sure.  I don't really like the Browns in New Orleans, Saints are hungry to redeem themselves from last week.

16 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Goodwin will most likely be out, Garçon will be targeted a lot and is a sure pass catcher. Corey Davis seems iffy to me with a somewhat healthy Mariota. Maybe I’m wrong with Walker being injured but I’m stumped on this decision

Garcon was targeted 7 times last week and caught two passes. Compared to Corey Davis 13 targets last week. Again I am a volume guy. The volume side of it is with Davis. I think that both volumes likely stay the same minus injuries this week. 

I'm watching the Titans Dolphins game now on Game Pass and even before he was injured Mariota was playing badly, overthrowing easy passes that turned in INT's yet Davis was his #1 option. Something to think about. Now with that said if Mariota plays then I still think Davis is the better play. However if Gabbert starts I'd move off Davis. 

The guy I personally want with the 9ers is George Kittle. He seems like he was JG's first option in that passing game. Not Garcon

4 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

standard scoring, pick 2...

C. Thompson, Ajayi, L. Miller

PPR... Henry or Yeldon (I would have to add Yeldon on roster)?

Thompson and Ajayi. Thompson showed last week he is still really good. 

If you have room to add Yeldon, add him and play him. He'll probably get some catches even if Fournette plays. So he has PPR value. And if Fournette doesn't play, Yeldon will be the guy. With Henry, he's only going to be valuable if the Titans are up late or if he breaks a big run. If they fall behind, it will be all Lewis.  If you think Tennessee rolls tomorrow, you can play Henry. 

Another terrible week of fantasy, but my opponent had an even more terrible week, so as long as Jordan Howard keeps it under 20, I can get the W.

A few bad decisions on my part, like starting Demariyus Thomas over DJax, but nothing as dumb as my opponent leaving Roethlisberger's 45 points on the bench because he's a Pats homer and insisted that Brady vs. the Jaguars was a better matchup.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Another terrible week of fantasy, but my opponent had an even more terrible week, so as long as Jordan Howard keeps it under 20, I can get the W.

A few bad decisions on my part, like starting Demariyus Thomas over DJax, but nothing as dumb as my opponent leaving Roethlisberger's 45 points on the bench because he's a Pats homer and insisted that Brady vs. the Jaguars was a better matchup.

In one of my leagues I was shocked to see Roth on my bench. I was almost 100% certain that I had started him - Fortunately I managed to pull that one off (unless Howard gets me negative points).

I pretty much got my ass handed to me in everything except my one seasonal league today. That team scored 165 in .5 ppr (pretty straight up roster/league), but survivor leagues, DFS, and my ATS pickem league were all disastrous. I got 3 games (!) right in the pickem. Probably the worst all around weekend I've ever had in like 15 years or so. Tough/weird week. 

Archived