Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

11 hours ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

Keeper league?

keep Zeke and lose a 1st or keep Gurley and lose a 2nd?

14 player keeper league. 

Gurley. You’d never get a talent like that in round 2, but you can find a similar talent to Elliott in round 1.

Look at it this way. Would you rather have Elliott plus whoever you get in the 2nd round, or Gurley plus whoever you think you’d get in round 1. To me Gurley plus round 1 is the way to go.

11 hours ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

Keeper league?

keep Zeke and lose a 1st or keep Gurley and lose a 2nd?

14 player keeper league. 

Gurley for the 2nd, no brainer. He's the pre-season #1 player by all accounts. Not saying he'll finish there ... think he will regress a bit, but I would take him over Zeke if it was for a 1st rounder for both. SO go 2nd and Gurley.

29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Man, y'all have some early drafts.  Anything before the preseason starts is nuts, IMO.  I dont participate in any league drafting before the 2nd or 3rd preseason game.

Yeah, my big leagues all wait until the week before the final pre-season game when most guys aren't playing anyway. Doesn't make sense to draft before the pre-season unless it's best-ball formats or rookie drafts for dynasty leagues, maybe.

Putting in a plug for a promotion FantasyPros is currently running. I got their MVP package ($65 value) for a $10 deposit on the Draft app. I then went and did 10 $1 best-ball drafts over on that app over the last week which was fun as hell, and now I get the FP all-access package, which I had last year and paid for, which I loved. So basically you get it free and play with $10 on Draft Best-Ball app.

• 2 weeks later...

In an attempt to drum-up some discussion on here ... anyone have thoughts on building a RB core this year around the rookies? Particularly the ones that are being handed situations to potentially finish Top12? It's an extremely talented class. My league can start 2 RB and 2 Flex and I've been toying around with building a roster that stacks 3 rookies.

I fortunately have the ability to keep David Johnson in a keeper auction league, which might put me in the unique situation to have a Top 5 RB and also have the flexibility to strategically target any RB I want otherwise (rookies and non-keepers at least). But also in Snake drafts, a lot of these rookies are going 3rd - 6th rounds, so you could theoretically go RB-WR then RB-RB-WR-RB and get 3 rookies after your top-end RB. Is this a smart strategy? The upside has to be immense, and if you get enough of them, you really only need 1-2 to hit to roll big.

I keep coming up with:

- David Johnson (Keeper for $50)

- Joe Mixon ($26-30)

- Derrius Guice ($22-26)

- Sony Michel ($14-18)

- Aaron Jones ($3)

- Nick Chubb ($2)

I'm using the Fantasy Pros auction simulator. As soon as I draft Jones, I can put him in my IR slot and pick up a WW guy. I'm basically planning to not draft a kicker and get either a 6th WR or 6th RB and pick up a kicker once I slide Aaron Jones to the IR slot for his 2-game suspension to buy me some time to analyze my drafted roster for the first 2 weeks.

There are also scenarios where I pass on Mixon in order to get a more solidified WR2 (TY Hilton/Amari Cooper at WR2 as opposed to Smith-Schuster or Golden Tate types) ... but because all the guys I have on my target list are rookies, I'm coming up with:

- David Johnson (Keeper $50)

- Derrius Guice ($22-26)

- Sony Michel ($14-18)

- Ronald Jones ($8-12)

- Aaron Jones ($3)

Every high-level podcast I listen to talks about how Michel and Guice are great RB2 options with big upside. I'm basically drafting them as my RB3 and RB4 or my RB2 and RB3 in these scenarios.

What do you guys think? All-in on the rookies? Of course, this is not including Barkley, who's going for $50+ in auctions and I'm avoiding just because it limits what I can do down the roster.

Guice, Michel, Ronald Jones, Royce Freeman and even Kerryon Johnson are slated to be RB1s on their respective teams, all in offenses that could be in the top-half of the league.

FWIW I'm avoiding Penny with a 10 foot pole. Carson scares me, and the Seahawks offense (Line particularly) is a mess.

And to take this to Snake to include more people, if I'm picking #6 this is how you can build a roster based on a 10-teamer ... this should change obviously but the ADPs are crzy on these rookies and I'm actually taking them here 1-2 rounds ahead of their current ADP (Barkley aside)

1st: Saquan Barkley (RB1)

2nd: Keenan Allen (WR1)

3rd: Derrius Guice (RB2)

4th: Demaryius Thomas (WR2)

5th: Sony Michel (RB3)

6th: Royce Freeman (RB4)

7th: Chris Hogan (WR3)

8th: Jamison Crowder (WR4)

If you tell me that I can basically be done with my RB/WR until the 12th/13th when I can get my back-end flyers (so Rounds 9, 10, 11, 12 on QB and TE) I'm running to the bank with this roster. 2 WR/2RB/2FL?

RB: Barkley, Guice, Michel, Freeman

WR: Allen, Thomas, Hogan, Crowder

I can easily start 6 of these guys happily and expect huge upside week to week.

This seems pretty obvious to me but I don't see it being talked about much? I'd rather have Guice or Michel 10x over than Ajayi or Drake ... the upside mitigates any uncertainty with the "rookie" connotation.

Did a simulated Mock Draft with pick #5 and grabbed guys I wanted in the rounds I wanted them (Often not on the suggested draft board) leading to some pretty putrid draft grades. But I'm actually starting to like the draft grades being low, because that means I'm going against what the computer thinks is a good team, and in the end Fantasy is such a crapshoot. I'd take Guice over Alex Collins 10x out of 10 but the grading knocks me for passing on Collins for Guice. I'm all about drafting a guy at their floor and getting the built-in value of their upside. Collins is at best an RB2 ... he'll never be Top 10 and in fact, he could get unseated by Kenneth Dixon, so his floor is "off the roster" ... Guice on the other hand has a ceiling of Top 10 and is being drafted as an RB2/3 which is, IMO, his floor. So if they want to dock me for doing this throughout the draft (Michel over Lynch, Royce Freeman over Tevin Coleman), then so be it.

I drafted from the #5 spot to see what I would get if I went this "rookie heavy" route ...

QB: Luck (11), Stafford (12)

RB: Mixon (3), Guice (4), Michel (6), K. Johnson (9), A. Jones (10)

WR: Brown (1), M. Thomas (2), D. Thomas (5), Watkins (7), Meredith (15)

TE: Reed (8), Kittle (13)
K: Lutz (16)

DEF: Jacksonville (14)

The system told me that I got a 79/100 and have the 7th best roster and 9th best starters. It's docking me at RB because I don't have a "true RB1" but I am very high on the 3 RBs I have at the top and firmly expect Mixon, Guice and Michel to all finish between RB6 and RB15. I'm drafting based on how I think they'll finish the season, not based on how they're being projected.

This has worked for me every year that I've done it except last year when I lost David Johnson and Allen Robinson in Week 1. I think it's still the right approach, and it seems to be what the analysts are ultimately talking about doing (although not ranking them that way for whatever reason - which is killing me in the draft grades I think). Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Cousins 7th

K. Allen 1st

Amendola 13

Inman 6th

Perine 11

K. Drake 5

D. Walker 6

Rishard Matthews 8th

J. Tucker 10

Seahwks 9

R. Burkhead 11

Jack Doyle 6

A. Morris 5

Jared Goff 7

Zeke Elliott 1

C. Ivory 5

Mariota 5

Gallman 5

I can keep up to 5 players and these is the draft pick i have to give up.  Any ideas

Thinking about keeping Zeke, Drake and Goff?? Every year i keep them the draft pick goes up by 2 rounds. This would be the last year i keep Zeke however i can keep Kennan Allen for another year after this

have my keeper league draft coming up and have the 3oa. 

Instead of risking guice not falling (1oa already let it be known that barkley is his pick) i just swapped my 3oa and my 4th round pick for the 2oa.  

Adding guice to my keepers in Mixon and Hopkins and boom have my core for the next 2 years atleast and my rb tandom for the next 5.

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Thinking about keeping Zeke, Drake and Goff?? Every year i keep them the draft pick goes up by 2 rounds. This would be the last year i keep Zeke however i can keep Kennan Allen for another year after this

Okay, I can say with very strong certainty, assuming this is a 10 or 12 team league, HELL no on Goff for a 7th. You could get a Top 5 QB in the 7th or 8th, and Goff is going to be a guy who's going undrafted in most leagues.

I think you go Zeke (1), Drake (5), and Burkhead (11) ... with the exception of Allen, no one else is worthy of being kept within 2-3 rounds of their listed keeper range. Burkhead was a Top 15 RB last year in an offense that also supported a Top 12 RB in Dion Lewis. I think Burkhead is a solid weekly flex play, even with Michel as the lead guy. For an 11th, that's good value.

Full discretion, I'm not a huge fan of having Drake-Burkhead as RB2 and RB3, so my hope is that you'd be able to get another RB2 with your 2nd or 3rd round pick. Guice or Michel in the 2nd or 3rd to go along with Zeke as your RB1 and Drake as RB3 and Burkhead as RB4 would be way more palatable.

56 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

have my keeper league draft coming up and have the 3oa. 

Instead of risking guice not falling (1oa already let it be known that barkley is his pick) i just swapped my 3oa and my 4th round pick for the 2oa.  

Adding guice to my keepers in Mixon and Hopkins and boom have my core for the next 2 years atleast and my rb tandom for the next 5.

Keeper league or dynasty league? I think 2nd is a good spot to be in if you want Guice. I'm not sure who else would have gone at #2 other than maybe Sony Michel. So if you were locked into Guice that's a good move.

6 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I don't play in dynasty/keeper leagues, but was curious if any of those that do are taking a flyer on Trey Quinn.

I've never done a dynasty league but my guess is that it would depend on the depth of the league. That being said, I can't imagine Quinn is being roster'd in many leagues, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Okay, I can say with very strong certainty, assuming this is a 10 or 12 team league, HELL no on Goff for a 7th. You could get a Top 5 QB in the 7th or 8th, and Goff is going to be a guy who's going undrafted in most leagues.

I think you go Zeke (1), Drake (5), and Burkhead (11) ... with the exception of Allen, no one else is worthy of being kept within 2-3 rounds of their listed keeper range. Burkhead was a Top 15 RB last year in an offense that also supported a Top 12 RB in Dion Lewis. I think Burkhead is a solid weekly flex play, even with Michel as the lead guy. For an 11th, that's good value.

Full discretion, I'm not a huge fan of having Drake-Burkhead as RB2 and RB3, so my hope is that you'd be able to get another RB2 with your 2nd or 3rd round pick. Guice or Michel in the 2nd or 3rd to go along with Zeke as your RB1 and Drake as RB3 and Burkhead as RB4 would be way more palatable.

it is a 12 person league.  I'm assuming alot of people are going to keep their QBs from their teams.  How about Kirk Cousins? I mean i could redraft Goff at a later draft pick. 

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

it is a 12 person league.  I'm assuming alot of people are going to keep their QBs from their teams.  How about Kirk Cousins? I mean i could redraft Goff at a later draft pick. 

The value of keeping Drake and Burkhead is far above Goff. Alex Smith is QB16 in ADP and I’m guessing you could get him in the 10th or 11th round at the earliest. Heck Blake Bortles is going QB20 and he’s been Top 10 fantasy the last 2 years. Goff is going ADP QB18 or so ... in theory you could get any 2 of those 3 right there with your 10th and 12th round picks. So use the 11 on Burkhead and grab a solid TE or WR3/flex type guy with that 7th instead. Just my $.02

in general it’s a super deep QB year. I wouldn’t even use a 7th on Luck/Brees/Big Ben 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The value of keeping Drake and Burkhead is far above Goff. Alex Smith is QB16 in ADP and I’m guessing you could get him in the 10th or 11th round at the earliest. Heck Blake Bortles is going QB20 and he’s been Top 10 fantasy the last 2 years. Goff is going ADP QB18 or so ... in theory you could get any 2 of those 3 right there with your 10th and 12th round picks. So use the 11 on Burkhead and grab a solid TE or WR3/flex type guy with that 7th instead. Just my $.02

in general it’s a super deep QB year. I wouldn’t even use a 7th on Luck/Brees/Big Ben 

That's true.  We are also having a vulture round where we get to steal someone'e else non-protected player.  It would better to save a 7th possibly for a steal instead of a QB

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Keeper league or dynasty league? I think 2nd is a good spot to be in if you want Guice. I'm not sure who else would have gone at #2 other than maybe Sony Michel. So if you were locked into Guice that's a good move.

Keeper.  

Ive been locked into Guice since i found out my draft position but was definately more locked in when when he was drafted by the skins.  I think hes going to be the 2nd best RB in the draft.

I can keep up to 5 but am only keeping mixon and hopkins.  1st time in 4 yrs im not keeping reed just doesnt make sense to keep him when i can probably pick him up later in the draft.

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Do you think Guice will be there in the 3rd-4th round in a keeper league?

Not in my league.  We get to keep 5 and usually the top RB's are kept and the best RB's to draft are rookies.  Hell after i made my trade i talked to the commish and he said that if i didnt swap my 3rd overall for the 2nd overall Guice would have been off the board.  The guy i traded with had him as his top choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody doing any Best Ball? I love it. Here's a Redskins-heavy team (Giants too-boo!) I just managed to draft. The draft just sort of fell this way. Perine was there 2 rounds below his ADP, so I ended up taking him along with AP and Kelley, who I drafted back to back (8th overall out of 12) earlier. Bradford was my last pick, after I just missed out on a few QBs throughout the later rounds. We'll see how it works out. Could be glorious, or a dud. I don't have to worry about this team anymore though. Que sera sera

Stafford Manning Bradford

Kamara Collins Cohen Peterson Kelley Perine

Beckham Fitz Robinson Shephard Godwin Cole

Graham Reed Vernon Davis

help would you trade a draft pick for these players for my keeper league

Chris Hogan - 7th rounder

James White -11th rounder

Latavius Murray - 12th rounder

Duke Johnson - 8th rounder

Jimmy G- 7th rounder

Randall Cobb - 6th roudnr

Paul Richardson -12th rounder

On 8/22/2018 at 12:53 AM, SoulSkin said:

Anybody doing any Best Ball? I love it. Here's a Redskins-heavy team (Giants too-boo!) I just managed to draft. The draft just sort of fell this way. Perine was there 2 rounds below his ADP, so I ended up taking him along with AP and Kelley, who I drafted back to back (8th overall out of 12 ) earlier. Bradford was my last pick, after I just missed out on a few QBs throughout the later rounds. We'll see how it works out. Could be glorious, or a dud. I don't have to worry about this team anymore though. Que sera sera

Stafford Manning Bradford

Kamara Collins Cohen Peterson Kelley Perine

Beckham Fitz Robinson Shephard Godwin Cole

Graham Reed Vernon Davis

I hammered the draft app by fandual early this for over a hundred teams. Not much invested mostly dollar teams. I find that the earlier you draft the better the value picks. I have a ton of Peyton Barber because of that. I love them and switched to only these and a family league this year. 

My last draft went like this picking from the 7th spot picked in July

1st Saquon Barkey

2nd Jerick Mckinnon

3rd Doug Baldwin

4th Zach Ertz

5th Mark Ingram

6th Jamison Crowder

7th Pierre Garcon

8th Robby Anderson

9th Jordy Nelson

10th Peyton Barber

11th Jared Goff

12th Alex Smith

13th Frank Gore

14th OJ Howard

15th Mohammed Sanu

16th Danny Amendola 

17th DeAngelo Henderson 

18th Geoff Swaim 

Looking for that Alex to Crowder connection lol

I liked your team 

36 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

help would you trade a draft pick for these players for my keeper league

Chris Hogan - 7th rounder

James White -11th rounder

Latavius Murray - 12th rounder

Duke Johnson - 8th rounder

Jimmy G- 7th rounder

Randall Cobb - 6th roudnr

Paul Richardson -12th rounder

Hogan I would the rest no

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

10 team PPR league..picking 4th. Likely a decision between AB, Zeke, DJ, or maybe Kamara. 

Any thoughts...my next pick will be 17th. 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex league if that makes a difference.

Ppr DJ otherwise Zeke

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

10 team PPR league..picking 4th. Likely a decision between AB, Zeke, DJ, or maybe Kamara. 

Any thoughts...my next pick will be 17th. 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex league if that makes a difference.

Zeke vs Kamara IMO

Archived