Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

19 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

These people would be willing to suck trump's if it meant "triggering a lib". I've never seen so many people fawn over someone that gives zero ****'s about them.

If he wins and has a full GOP congress again; they will see just how much Trump cares about them.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

These people would be willing to suck trump's if it meant "triggering a lib". I've never seen so many people fawn over someone that gives zero ****'s about them.

"These libs claim they like gay marriage yet they have their panties in a bunch about me sucking off OUR President"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Trump mask dude is just joining the party and making a buck off these suckers that are willing to pay for them. I’m not mad at em. Wish I woulda Thought of it honestly. I can’t think of many things more patriotic in 2020 than to take advantage of dumb **** conservatives. 

11 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

A Trump mask made in America. 

The epitome of irony.

Least they decided not to make these ones in China.  

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The Trump mask dude is just joining the party and making a buck off these suckers that are willing to pay for them. I’m not mad at em. Wish I woulda Thought of it honestly. I can’t think of many things more patriotic in 2020 than to take advantage of dumb **** conservatives. 

Putting smallpox in them?  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

We used to call folks like that "flunkies" in high school.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There’s no shortages of opportunities. They’re united in hate and intolerance. You can slap that on just about anything. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

maga mask tweet

Ok ,that is hilarious. Best comment i read was "doing exactly what the libs asked for, to own the libs!"  LOL  

I find it ironic as hell that taking guns to state capitol buildings to protest what is perceived as gov taking freedoms is appropriate but a player kneeling at a football game is anti-american. 

It reminds me of the backwards thinking portrayed on a consistent basis by 45/fox supporters. See below. 

And: 

^^^^^^^

@LD0506

I love that photo because it touches on a slightly different topic for me. Liberals and the American flag.

I was on a Zoom meeting for work and my coworkers (most of whom lean liberal) could see an American flag hanging in my house. They started asking me why I had it. They all had a semi-sarcastic tone while asking. It reminded me of how democrats have willingly allowed republicans to monopolize the concept of being a "patriot." I love my country, I served my country. I'm more of a political centrist than my posting history would lead many on this site to believe but I basically consider myself a liberal. Why do I have to explain my flag??? It's a crying shame that liberals would assume I'm a republican (or worse, a Trumper) because I proudly display OUR colors. It's even more of a crying shame that this flag now only seems to represent one party and as this country's divide deepens, it is beginning to only represent the most extreme and ignorant section of that party.

End rant. 😖 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

^^^^^I am without a doubt proud to be an American and happy to be able to hate a lot of what this country does because of it. Most of the males in my family and some of the females have been in the military though I’m not a military kid at all. And I can’t truly imagine myself anyplace else not matter how much **** I talk. 

all that said the American flag and me have issues. If I see it flying on someone’s house I make sure me and Thanos keep it moving (he would prefer to roll around in pretty much every lawn if I let him). If I see it on multiple homes in a neighborhood where me and the fiancé are looking for homes, we pretty much take that location off the map unless there is a real gem there. If I see it on a pickup truck, nope. Some guy wearing a hat colored like it? Nope. And don’t let it be a cowboy hat. And if I hear a ****ing yehaw I’m gone. Out. 

Even then, I wouldn’t corner you about it. I know there are a lot of people that don’t mean it the way I take it. But I know there are a lot of people that do. So I keep my distance. It’s just smart. it reminds me of terrorism when I think of it like that. Though, that’s not how I mean it to sound. But again, happy to be able to say all this without going to jail because of what it really means to be an American. I would love to be able to change what that flag means to other people like me in the future. 

that’s a whole tangent though. Just thought I would share the other side of that coin cause we do this. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

Unfortunately they have taken the flag to make themselves Super Patriots:

xp7RsIvFE6RJd8NnkHoBD8CL8syzlkRltp9kzTgc

However they don't own the flag and you don't have to be a MAGA idiot to respect and display it, just an American.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

all that said the American flag and me have issues. If I see it flying on someone’s house I make sure me and Thanos keep it moving (he would prefer to roll around in pretty much every lawn if I let him). If I see it on multiple homes in a neighborhood where me and the fiancé are looking for homes, we pretty much take that location off the map unless there is a real gem there. If I see it on a pickup truck, nope. Some guy wearing a hat colored like it? Nope. And don’t let it be a cowboy hat. And if I hear a ****ing yehaw I’m gone. Out. 

This is actually part of my point though. I'm sad and mad that the people you are hinting at are the ones who have basically adopted it for their own... and that people like you and I have allowed that to happen. They are the very LEAST among us who deserve to wave it and their enthusiasm for it have got people who truly believe in what it represents to subconsciously step away from it. I'm not for one second going to let that be the case for myself.

I'm aware that some people have fallen under the impression that because many citizens of this nation now associate the flag with the ACTUAL America, which is indeed falling short of its ideals and this has always been the case. However, ideals are always sought, never fully achieved because of bad apples. We'll never, ever be able to live up to an ideal but I'll keep proudly displaying it and I hate the fact that those who stray farthest from it have essentially stolen the colors. 

I wish more democrats weren't asleep at the wheel on this topic... or even avoiding the flag as to not be associated with the people who falsely fly it for their own misguided, selfish purposes. It's OURS and I say take it back. Force THEM to walk away from it.  

• Like 2