Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Saw that. Man it should be pretty easy to stay above the fray as an NFL coach, in charge of majority black players.

Getting caught up in this, at THIS time, paints a concerning picture of this dudes mental fitness imo. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

White people, especially older white people, are losing their minds. Seeing more cases of them losing it, on a daily basis.

The far right whites will attempt to start a race war, I am confident of that.

I see it around here everyday. In the town I live near a confederate statue was removed a few months ago. The idiots still go out and protest it being removed each weekend. They all are wrapped in confed flags and try to start fights every weekend. Damn fools.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Getting caught up in this, at THIS time, paints a concerning picture of this dudes mental fitness imo. 

Guys like Del Rio are football, football, football.  I highly doubt they pay much attention to what's really going on in the world.  I actually think it's easy to see why people like that buy into what Trump is selling, because if you just listen to him - he's all about America and the democrats hate America.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

I see it around here everyday. In the town I live near a confederate statue was removed a few months ago. The idiots still go out and protest it being removed each weekend. They all are wrapped in confed flags and try to start fights every weekend. Damn fools.

I actually think it will get worse before it gets better. What do you think will be the reaction when whites become a majority-minority race?

Biden wins, Trump will be on TV to stir up his followers to prevent Biden from doing anything. I fully expect things to get violent. Those racists, Trumpsters will not take kindly to any change that Biden proposes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

60 year old white millionaires that aren’t Republicans are pretty rare, I would think.

I don’t think this is true given that people with a college degree tend to favor Dems. My law firm is full of white millionaires that abhor Trump. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t think this is true given that people with a college degree tend to favor Dems. My law firm is full of white millionaires that abhor Trump. 

Lawyers. Don't care for them, especially when they become politicians. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I could be wrong but my decades with ties to SoFla and the car biz lead me to believe otherwise.

I'm willing to bet Del Rio knows or cares very little about politics. Probably votes Republican for three reasons.  1) Murica 2) guns 3) His parents were Republicans. 

The old "I was raised Republican so I vote Republican" bull**** is still quite popular in 2020 for some reason. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't know, man. It's hard to be certain when it comes to support of someone that evil. It's almost impossible not to notice.

Its absolutely impossible to not notice at this point. But I dont think they follow him because of him anyway. I think they follow him cause they need someone else to blame and he provides that in spades. If he was the exact same person but went democrat they would hate him. 

Del Rio sounds like he knows nothing but football. But I think part of that has to be having a working relationship with your players and if hes going to be that outspoken, hes going to get some resistance. He should know better. And I bet he will tell them as much if hes half the coach people seem to think he is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its absolutely impossible to not notice at this point. But I dont think they follow him because of him anyway. I think they follow him cause they need someone else to blame and he provides that in spades. If he was the exact same person but went democrat they would hate him. 

Del Rio sounds like he knows nothing but football. But I think part of that has to be having a working relationship with your players and if hes going to be that outspoken, hes going to get some resistance. He should know better. And I bet he will tell them as much if hes half the coach people seem to think he is. 

I think the absolute worst thing about this, is that again we find ourselves in some waist high ****. It never ends lol. In DC , of ALL places.

Dudes gonna have to have a sit down with somebody... Do a Kavanaugh and cry fake tears if you have to. This one isn't going away.

• Like 1

Gotta keep in mind, these guys are either in meetings, watching film, working out, golfing, or spending time with family. They're not watching news often, if at all. They, like much of the country, get their news from the few minutes they spend on social media. They're not taking the time to evaluate the news they consume, let alone research whether it's legit or not. "Fair and balanced" from FoxNews has duped many people. It is an effective slogan. 

Jack has been around long enough that when the players talk to him, he'll understand their perspective and back off the foolishness. 

• Like 4

I think in a lot of cases we need to stop looking for rational reasons people are still Republicans under Trump. Yes, some are racist, or easily fooled, or treating him as a useful idiot to get tax cuts.

The reality, though, is that humans are tribal. People in the "Republican" tribe have a hard time getting out of it, even if they want to, and most of them don't even see what the rest of us see. It doesn't make logical sense, but it doesn't have to.

There's another fun example springing up on this very discussion. Do you guys really think you'd be as measured in your response if it was a tweet from the Cowboys' defensive coordinator?

We're all vulnerable to it.

Personally, I try to keep this in mind as I'm tempted to sweep large groups of people into the "evil" category.

• Like 9

I think the GOP will belatedly try to implement the recommendations from the autopsy after Romney got creamed.  They will revert to a simple "low taxes, less regulations and Jesus" message and try to get back to where the underlying racism was there but not at the forefront.  

I don't think the GOP is going anywhere.  There are too many entrenched power brokers and people with deep pockets.  They'll reinvent the message; the purpose will continue to be providing political power to the wealthy and corporations.

I'm sort of less concerned about the long term, I just want the current iteration of a Trump-led GOP to die a horrible death as soon as possible.  

16 minutes ago, techboy said:

Personally, I try to keep this in mind as I'm tempted to sweep large groups of people into the "evil" category.

i agree...self-questioning should be as thorough and continuous an exercise as possible in such matters imv

i also note large groups of people behaving in cohesive enough union have peppered all of recorded history with "evil" actions

some even worse than being a cowboy fan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think the GOP will belatedly try to implement the recommendations from the autopsy after Romney got creamed.  They will revert to a simple "low taxes, less regulations and Jesus" message and try to get back to where the underlying racism was there but not at the forefront.  

I don't think the GOP is going anywhere.  There are too many entrenched power brokers and people with deep pockets.  They'll reinvent the message; the purpose will continue to be providing political power to the wealthy and corporations.

I'm sort of less concerned about the long term, I just want the current iteration of a Trump-led GOP to die a horrible death as soon as possible.  

The GOP won't be getting rid of Trump so easy.  We know what he'll do if he wins but just because he loses doesn't mean that will be the end of Trump.

You think Trump is going to give up his cult so easily?  No way.  He loses and eventually leaves the White House; he will start up Trump TV.  Sean Hannity will be his first hire.  They will rag on the Dems and Biden for the next 4 years.  I still think he will run again in 2024 and the GOP base would give him the nomination, if he ran.  If I wrong &  he doesn't run, one of his kids: Don Jr. or Ivanka will run.  It will be a spectacular failure but Trump will be able to get some of his cult to vote for them. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The GOP won't be getting rid of Trump so easy.  We know what he'll do if he wins but just because he loses doesn't mean that will be the end of Trump.

You think Trump is going to give up his cult so easily?  No way.  He loses and eventually leaves the White House; he will start up Trump TV.  

I imagine Trump TV will be like watching Court TV.  I expect him and his lawyers to spend a lot of time and money fighting a variety of court cases, both civil and criminal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Honestly, as a black man, I'm going to give Del Rio a pass. Not because what he said wasn't dumb, but it wasn't THAT dumb. I've lowered the bar, but just a bit...

im not going to give him a pass.    can the asshole.

• Like 1