Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

just saw agent orange's presser(you'll be seeing some awesome clips of course)..the relentless gush of lies and craziness from this president is unworldly...and no matter how insane or obvious or 6-year-old level of stupid, it's not an issue to his supporters, tho dishonest hillary was a yuge thing....it appears many if not most don't juts overlook it but actually like and agree with a lot of this nutter garbage as crazy and unreal/non-factual as it may be

earlier i watched  caputo's rant finally on some msnbc show (used to hate seeing him get booked alla time on cnn/msnbc), and saw he took a 'medical leave' now, and his 'aide' has also departed from the admin (what a joke that caputo ever had a serious job anywhere, let alone had an 'aide')

trump admin has taxpayers giving many of these clowns from their 3rd and 4th string over 150k salary to be pinheads...when i think of all the air time all these effed up cellar-level stooges got from association with their pig leader...sad!

i was already 'here' since trump got the gop nomination and for a long time the 'diffs' for me with how i view trump supporters as a specific group go far beyond typical 'politics' and gets down to the most core matters to me...as it does for many of them, aside any inability for them to articulate such given their level of cognitive processing usually seems equivalent to that of a small electrical appliance

to that point

as i watch and think of 'all of them'---all the elected sick-brain gop meatsacks, and everyone, that ever helped and is still helping this admin (minus the mattis-like few)---my sentiment remains wishing for their separation, asap, from this existence, in any manner possible via any agency in existence (to cast a sufficiently broad net)

if i could snap my fingers and have them all be replaced with automatons simply able to do whatever jobs they had, i'd like to think i'd do that :) 

i would make the automatons all orange as a warning/reminder of a road to never travel again :) 

my issues with such folk are what they actually do, and given that as a bottom line it adds up to a river of malevolent human sewage imv,  that they have any agency at all with which to do it is the problem 

an alternative is they could all try a snickers bar

• Like 3

Wasn't sure where to put this so I guess I will throw it in here.  

It's been a topic that has been bugging me lately.  The whole idea of wealthy athletes being told to "shut up and play"  I know it isn't exactly a new thing, but it really bothers me to my core that there is this idea that because they are wealthy that they are supposed to abandon any notion of wanting to help people less fortunate and/or be vocal about advocacy.  I am not sure if this was the prevailing opinion in the country pre-Reagan and the 80's Generation of "ME" but I am tired of this idea that if you are one of the few folks from your neighborhood to beat the odds, make it out, and become very successful (regardless of industry) that should basically turn your back on your old community and people in general.  I think back to when these athletes were youngsters themselves, right?  How many teachers, parents, family, neighbors, pastors, community leaders, volunteers were likely involved in helping these people thrive to get where they are.  Those folks are still in those communities, fighting to scrap by day after day.   It is a big deal for someone to advocate for them, especially if/when there is being injustice done.    I am so sick & tired of this backwards way of thinking in this country that if you make it financially, you magically lose your right to voice any criticism of the system and how it treats people unfairly, simply because you yourself found a way to make it work. 

• Like 5

On 9/22/2020 at 12:56 AM, NoCalMike said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so I guess I will throw it in here.  

It's been a topic that has been bugging me lately.  The whole idea of wealthy athletes being told to "shut up and play"  I know it isn't exactly a new thing, but it really bothers me to my core that there is this idea that because they are wealthy that they are supposed to abandon any notion of wanting to help people less fortunate and/or be vocal about advocacy. 

It's the same thing as the Right saying celebrities should "just shut up and entertain us." It is a dangerous and stupid notion that is inconsistently applied. For example, while the "right" believes that entertainers should only entertain that does not pertain in their book to country music singers. While athletes should shut up and entertain, by and large, that has generally not applied to NASCAR drivers.

The other side of your point is a fine one too. Republicans have made sure that "Money equals speech" through Citizens United and other actions. Their attempt to silence athletes and celebrities is a choice to suppress those who can advocate or give platform for all of us to advocate.

• Like 1

Wohl and Burkman used their own names and numbers on those fraudulent, felonious robo-calls. Malicious idiots. 

Those are the same guys who tried to pay women to claim they were raped by Robert Mueller and - get this - Anthony Fauci. And tried to blackmail Pete Buttigeig too. Please try, convict, and jail these clowns. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...