Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

On 1/19/2021 at 5:17 AM, Burgold said:

Apparently, Liz Cheney voting for impeachment was the last straw for some of these goofs. 

I think I'd oppose secession, but if we lost Wyoming it would be a step towards fixing the national deficit. I don't think that state has ever been a contributor.

Goodbye 2 permanently red senators. Good luck bringing in money exporting...rocks 

3 hours ago, visionary said:

This is picking up steam and GOP is kinda damned if they do damned if they don't right now regarding impeachment. Dont convict and Trump can run again and own the GOP. He wants to start a patriot party anyway according to reports. 

Convict and completely sever the Trump base from your coalition. 

The Patriot Party as an actual 3rd party would be the end of the GOP. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is picking up steam and GOP is kinda damned if they do damned if they don't right now regarding impeachment. Dont convict and Trump can run again and own the GOP. He wants to start a patriot party anyway according to reports. 

Trump is not going to run again.  

He'd lose, and he knows it.  

What he might do, is pretend to run.  Collect huge piles of money.  Do a string of monster truck rallies.  Sit on a pile of other people's money, and see if he can get real politicians to grovel at him like they've been doing.  

You know.  Something that's all about him.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Trump is not going to run again.  

He'd lose, and he knows it.  

What he might do, is pretend to run.  Collect huge piles of money.  Do a string of monster truck rallies.  Sit on a pile of other people's money, and see if he can get real politicians to grovel at him like they've been doing.  

You know.  Something that's all about him.  

Either way, even if he acts as the kingmaker of the patriot party, it is very serious dent in the GOP voting block

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Either way, even if he acts as the kingmaker of the patriot party, it is very serious dent in the GOP voting block

I’ll gladly donate to their cause. Yeah! Drain the swamp. Break up that child molestation ring. WOOT! Tee hee.😈😈

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Goodbye 2 permanently red senators. Good luck bringing in money exporting...rocks 

Convict and completely sever the Trump base from your coalition. 

The Patriot Party as an actual 3rd party would be the end of the GOP. 

It's a different argument, but I really wouldn't mind if the GOP split into the Republican Party and the Patriot Party while the Democrats split into the Democratic Party and the Progressive Party (or some such). I think more parties would cause confusion, but also benefit the country. For instance, I bet there are quite a few issues that the Republicans would like to support, but can't because of their base. Would a party of traditional Republicans and conservative centrists be able to have an honest discussion about gun control reform, immigration, and climate change? Maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's a different argument, but I really wouldn't mind if the GOP split into the Republican Party and the Patriot Party while the Democrats split into the Democratic Party and the Progressive Party (or some such). I think more parties would cause confusion, but also benefit the country. For instance, I bet there are quite a few issues that the Republicans would like to support, but can't because of their base. Would a party of traditional Republicans and conservative centrists be able to have an honest discussion about gun control reform, immigration, and climate change? Maybe. 

a progressive split is a long way off. They can exist under the same tent because they have common goals with the differences in a lot of ways being how drastic or quickly these things take place. 

You don't have that in the GOP which is why a MAGA party splitting off would be work so well for Dems

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

a progressive split is a long way off. They can exist under the same tent because they have common goals with the differences in a lot of ways being how drastic or quickly these things take place. 

You don't have that in the GOP which is why a MAGA party splitting off would be work so well for Dems

I don't disagree. I just think a plurality of parties might be better than two :)