Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Columbia Man Facing Federal Charges For Making Online Threats To Blow Up IRS Headquarters, Shoot House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

A Columbia man is facing federal charges of making online threats to blow up the IRS Headquarters building and shoot House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to the U.S. Department of Justice

One of the tweets dated January 15, reportedly read:

“I am going to explode the IRS headquarters with a bomb.” Additional tweets on or around the same date made reference to the original tweet and allegedly confirmed the user’s intent to bomb the IRS, but said that “I am simply announcing my intentions to give employees a fair shot at escaping alive.”

The user posted other tweets since then, allegedly making additional threats, including that he was “laser-focused on thinking about ways to kill [Speaker of the House] Nancy Pelosi,” “[it would be cool to] drive 80 mph into a million people,” and that “…if a cop pulls you over for something minor like speeding or a busted tail light, you can just threaten his life and he’ll let you go with no trouble.”

The user also allegedly discussed how easy it was to build a semi-automatic rifle and discussed obtaining firearms.

WJZ spoke to one of Mohr’s neighbors.

“It’s crazy. I live right next to him and he’s making those kinds of threats,” they said. “You don’t know what your neighbor does. It’s crazy.”

“It doesn’t put me at ease that there are people out here actually thinking of harming people,” another neighbor said.

Click on the link for the full article

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't get enough of the stories of the Trump idiots and their legal issues. I keep picturing them in 5 years, there lives forever altered, and thinking "why did I do all this for THAT guy?".

But that won't happen, that requires, nay, demands a level of introspection and awareness that they do not have.

They will be sitting there in 5 years muttering "Look what those goddam *******s did to me, a "Murican, a PATRIOT!" while they stroke their weapons

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

But that won't happen, that requires, nay, demands a level of introspection and awareness that they do not have.

They will be sitting there in 5 years muttering "Look what those goddam *******s did to me, a "Murican, a PATRIOT!" while they stroke their weapons

Yeah you're probably right.  But I did read reservations of a local military guy that had been identified and arrested, he said basically "for what?".  I do believe those people should be recalled as General Powell suggested, and have their pensions taken.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't get enough of the stories of the Trump idiots and their legal issues. I keep picturing them in 5 years, there lives forever altered, and thinking "why did I do all this for THAT guy?".

The amount of them is a bit disturbing. But they are so stupid that most of them never amount to a threat lol

56 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The amount of them is a bit disturbing. But they are so stupid that most of them never amount to a threat lol

Yeah there should be different charges and punishment for those who just got caught up in the moment and those who were taking things, pissing in the Chamber and of course those with zip ties and have posted threats. Still a former military man should be recalled even if he just entered the building IMO.  

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I wonder if they even know the difference between “there” and “their”.

• Haha 1

Surprise. Another Trump-supporting Congressman outed as a ****ing liar.

- No, North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorne, you were NOT headed to the Naval Academy before your injury.

- No, you weren't "a successful business owner" before your accident.

- And no, you weren't "training for the Paralympics" in track after your accident, any more than I was "training for the NBA" by shooting hoops in my back yard.

The Ignominious Deceits of Congressman Cawthorn

Representative Madison Cawthorn has misled the public about training for the Paralympics, just as he misrepresented his education and business history.

by Sara Luterman, The Nation

Before January 6, 25-year-old Representative Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) was known for being the youngest member of Congress, an ardent Trump supporter, and one of the few wheelchair users in elected office. Now he is in the headlines for giving a speech at the “Stop the Steal” rally prior to the insurrection at the Capitol that left five people dead. Throughout his short but meteoric political career, Cawthorn has used his disability to tell a story of overcoming: Despite great adversity, he claims to have achieved excellence through grit and physical strength. Many of his campaign ads featured images of Cawthorn intubated and hospitalized alongside videos of him lifting weights and hurtling forward in a racing wheelchair. But his claims of sporting success—like his accounts of education and business acumen—have often been misleading.

Cawthorn became disabled after a 2014 car crash left him paralyzed from the waist down. By Cawthorn’s own telling, he was a successful business owner headed to the Naval Academy before his injury tragically reordered his life. As it turns out, neither claim is true. The Asheville Watchdog reported that Cawthorn had already been rejected from the Naval Academy before his accident. And Cawthorn’s real-estate investment firm, SPQR Holdings LLC, which he only formed in August 2019, reported no income on its tax documents, and Cawthorn was the sole employee.

But he has not only styled himself as Naval Academy material with a head for real estate. Multiple outlets reported that before he ran for office, Cawthorn was training for the 2020 Paralympic Games. There is little detail, but according to Micah Bock, Cawthorn’s campaign communications director, he intended to compete in the 400-meter dash at the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo. It would have been an incredible footnote in a politician’s biography: Paralympians are celebrated and accomplished athletes. But his hopes for the Paralympic Games, now slated for summer 2021, were allegedly dashed by his worsening disability.

Cawthorn frequently said on social media that he was “training” for the Paralympic Games. Technically, such a statement could be true—but only in the sense that I could be training for the Olympic Games.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/madison-cawthorn-paralympics/

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

I love Pakman.  What a kid with a brain. 

Never seen him before, thanks for posting that g

I am cynical/skeptical to the point that I do not believe you can fix these people. First and foremost we have to stop them from being an active threat to the country, but fixing them? How? Talk therapy? That's kinda how they went crazy

• Thanks 1