Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

So to hell with caution.... let’s win the damn Super Bowl.

I stopped reading at this... This is how I've been feeling all off-season. Been having a "Why not us?" type of attitude. Especially with the roster we have going into the season... That honestly started with us drafting Guice. Not just drafting him, but trading back to get him in the second when he was our

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

So to hell with caution.... let’s win the damn Super Bowl. If the Las Vega Knights can go to the SC finals in their inaugural year, then we truly need to throw old narratives out (it takes 3 years to implement a system, or a new head coach, or new personnel needs to mesh, etc. Etc). The Eagles just won the Super Bowl. Without their Pro Bowl LT, QB.... with a rookie head coach and Nick Foles. Anything and everything is possible.

kg.gif.1c3c0d3bb3192d2c08ecbe068cbf22ad.gif

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

This team has sorely missed a difference-maker at RB since Portis. It’s been painfully obvious to everyone except the coaches. We finally invested draft capital into one. This could be HUGE for the offense/team. 

All indications (coaches, media, teammates) is that he’s everything we could have wanted. Why live life waiting for the other shoe to drop? 

Maybe we see him put on some pads first and run against an nfl defense

Im all about getting on the hype train.  So far there is nothing to hype, except a prevailing view that 31 nfl personnel departments are stoopid.

4 hours ago, zoony said:

I think almost all of those quotes have come from direct questions.  Who from the media is asking questions about Rob?  Gruden has heaped praise his way, too

I am not ruling out Guice, Ive never seen him play.  I am questioning the hype train barreling down the tracks at 200 mph.  Maybe we should pump the brakes a little?  

Full steam ahead, damn the torpedoes.......

3 hours ago, Die Hard said:

This team has sorely missed a difference-maker at RB since Portis. It’s been painfully obvious to everyone except the coaches. We finally invested draft capital into one. This could be HUGE for the offense/team. 

All indications (coaches, media, teammates) is that he’s everything we could have wanted. Why live life waiting for the other shoe to drop? 

Bear with me. I am mostly in agreement with your overall premise.

They have invested plenty of draft capitol. In fact they have drafted at least 1 RB in every draft since 2011. None have really worked out except Alfred Morris. And he was a decent RB in a very good system for him. He has not exactly lit the world up since then. So they have invested draft capitol, just not high draft capitol. That is what they did different. The highest rd before was Matt Jones in the 3rd in 2015. I felt like he was a reach then and it turned out to be accurate. 

All you have heard the last 10+ yrs is don't draft a RB in the first or even 2nd rd. You can get guys just as good in later rounds. However, I think teams are finally rethinking that strategy. In general, you are seeing more RBs taken in higher rounds than previous years. Some of that is simply better talent at RB coming out of college. E Elliott is a generational talent. Fournette has that same chance. Same with Barkley, and IMO Guice and a few others taken high. I really like Chubb and Michel. Not really a Ronald Jones fan. But that's a different conversation. 

I do think we need to wait till we see him against real competition - and I mean on Sundays during the regular season. Also, this fan-base is so desperate for a "hero", I am fearful there no way for him to live up to expectations. I hope people realize he is going to fumble eventually. He is going to stopped for a loss, miss a block, run a poor route and pick the wrong hole. I hope people are patient enough with him.... not: :chair:

Guice the football player is not someone I worry about. I'm no expert and certainly not a scout; but from what I've seen and heard its just a matter of time. Running in the SEC against stacked boxes week in and week out in addition to having all the physical attributes and vision required. The pass catching focus in camp has been a fun and welcomed trait as well. I think the threat of the run is just as important as anything. You get a guy like Alex Smith behind the O-line that we have and its all good in my eyes. In my eyes I look at it like this; Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, and Tyreke Hill...vs Guice, Reed, Richardson/Crowder/Doctson. I feel like we have more weapons then KC had with a better O-line and potentially better defense. 

Lets play football.

2 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I stopped reading at this... This is how I've been feeling all off-season. Been having a "Why not us?" type of attitude. Especially with the roster we have going into the season... That honestly started with us drafting Guice. Not just drafting him, but trading back to get him in the second when he was our

I am trying to avoid that feeling.  Since 1995, I've thought about every year was a potential playoff year except for 2015.  In fact, in 2015 I didn't really entertain playoff thoughts until the Bills game was won.

4 hours ago, Die Hard said:

So to hell with caution.... let’s win the damn Super Bowl. If the Las Vega Knights can go to the SC finals in their inaugural year, then we truly need to throw old narratives out (it takes 3 years to implement a system, or a new head coach, or new personnel needs to mesh, etc. Etc). The Eagles just won the Super Bowl. Without their Pro Bowl LT, QB.... with a rookie head coach and Nick Foles. Anything and everything is possible.

Taking 3 years to become a SB contender is pretty much a BS concept.  It took George Allen 0 years (if not for Charley Taylor's broken leg, it is very likely we win the NFC-East in 1971). Joe Gibbs took us in 1982(after losing several of the projected starters to injury or retirement). Yeah, it took Bill Walsh exactly 3 years but he was building a new offensive system.

The Eagles dumped Kelly in 2015, Pederson took them to the SB in years 2 with many of the guys brought in by previous regimes. Historically, 3 years is the maximum.  It is more about the hope that Gruden is an exception and not just a Jason Garret.

3 hours ago, zoony said:

Maybe we see him put on some pads first and run against an nfl defense

This should be the standard thought process for all skill position draft picks.  Especially true for this team in particular, which has a pretty dismal record when it comes to drafting and developing consistently good (and healthy) skill position players. 

Guice looks the part though, so it's easy to see why people are excited. 

6 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Any given Super Bowl, man

Any given Super Bowl.

The league is especially designed that way now.

37 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I loved the Guice spin move on the long run called back

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/status/1027709236149723146

Lets hope that is not the only move we see from him this season. In all seriousness. It looked like Guice was jogging off of the field. Hopefully it is just a mild sprain and he is ready for the regular season.

Kid needs to lose the sucker.  it looks like a nervous prop that is creating a childish image.  Doesn't look professional sucking on candy like this is a kids game, nervously bouncing around like he can't sit still, posing with kids who aren't sucking on candy.  I'm just saying tighten it up. Don't always appear like you don't give a damn or this is some big joke.  If you're going to pose with kids for pictures, take the sucker out of your mouth or give them all suckers.  Someone should be offering him better professional advice.  Sloppy PR and he's creating himself right now. Hope someone reals him in with a few points in the right direction. 

39 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Kid needs to lose the sucker.  it looks like a nervous prop that is creating a childish image.  Doesn't look professional sucking on candy like this is a kids game, nervously bouncing around like he can't sit still, posing with kids who aren't sucking on candy.  I'm just saying tighten it up. Don't always appear like you don't give a damn or this is some big joke.  If you're going to pose with kids for pictures, take the sucker out of your mouth or give them all suckers.  Someone should be offering him better professional advice.  Sloppy PR and he's creating himself right now. Hope someone reals him in with a few points in the right direction. 

Who doesn't love a dum dum no matter what age they are? I still grab some when I deposit checks at the bank. 

Bouncing around is a sign of extra energy or ADHD. What is wrong with having extra energy? Back when I was in my 20s I was selected for a job because I was tapping my foot through out the interview. I didn't know I was doing it but after my interview I was told that I have a lot of energy and they knew I was not the kind of person who is going to just sit still and do nothing to get a paycheck. There are different levels of ADHD and most of us have it. 

He does gives a damn and it is not a joke for him. You should listen to his interview during OTAs. 

He is 20 years old. You want him to act like a 60 year old?

6 hours ago, TheShredder said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10400684

7 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Chris Cooley ran around camp in booty shorts

Clinton Portis dressed up for post game interviews

John Riggins used to drink in the storage shed after practice with the O-lineman

Darrell Green kept tootsie rolls in his sock

It's personality.  Sloppy PR?  lol... it's a breath of fresh air that he's out there enjoying himself... 

I will add a caveat... he hasn't faced losing yet in our uniform, so obviously if he's carrying himself the same way post game after a loss or a below par game, we can talk.   Right now it's preseason, he's loose it's a good thing.  I don't want my RB to be white knuckled and tight.  He needs to be loose and confident in what he's doing.  

Archived