Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

On 8/1/2018 at 1:46 AM, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

EDIT (hours later): I also want to emphasize that Miami Guice aka Slice N Guice seems like the most personable “big name” guy this franchise has drafted in the Snyder era.  I watched every available documentary on DG this summer and def shed a crocodile tear of joy when we landed him in the 2nd.   This organization has been lacking identity on the field since Gregg Williams was puttin out HITS (we never got caught ?) but the combination of Swearinger and Guice makes me feel like we are going to bruise some ****ing faces in the NFCEast. 

THE GUICE IS RIGHT!

HTTR

I call him PolterGuice........

On 8/7/2018 at 12:10 AM, XxSpearheadxX said:

It's really nothing against Perine, I think he has a chance to be a player in this league, but it was between him and Rob and I think Kelly has solidified his worth. 

Naw **** that, aint nothin solidified until preseason is over. Perine, Kelley, Bibbs, & Marshall have to battle it out. I dont care if Kelley has slimmed down or not. We didnt even make the playoffs last year, we aint in no position to just be giving away spots. 

21 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Naw **** that, aint nothin solidified until preseason is over. Perine, Kelley, Bibbs, & Marshall have to battle it out. I dont care if Kelley has slimmed down or not. We didnt even make the playoffs last year, we aint in no position to just be giving away spots. 

oh no doubt, opinions change, teams big talk one player and downplay others. Perine has every chance in the world to ball out Thursday and the rest of the preseason. Hell Kevin Hogan has a chance to pull out his inner tom brady.

Obviously that is football, all sports, play to make the team. I am not confused about that. I just haven't heard about Perine lighting up camp, but I have heard about Marshall, Bibbs and Kelly. 

Don't be confused and think I don't understand open competition, I was only making a prediction. 

9 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

hey man what do you want to do trade casserole recipes? It's the preseason 

I want to trade a casserole recipe to anyone who knows the whereabouts of Lache Seastrunk. Dude has wheels. Unlike Kelley.

10 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Ok, this was the one part of Guice's game I was worried about, Pass Pro. Looks like according to Smith, it's not an issue. That is really good to hear!

Kid likes to hit people. He's got a lot of Portis in him, only he's a better receiver and he's natural at that weight. 

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Ok, this was the one part of Guice's game I was worried about, Pass Pro. Looks like according to Smith, it's not an issue. That is really good to hear!

I guess we'll see. Fortunately I think Alex is fleet of feet.

I will admit to thinking Lache Seastrunk could be very good. His physical tools were excellent. I thought maybe he flamed out because of a personality disorder, but apparently he couldn’t or wouldn’t learn the playbook/formations. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/baylor/Article/Lache-seeks-second-opportunity-for-a-new-NFL-odyssey-as-he-takes-the-Spring-League-field-117051035/Amp/

On 8/8/2018 at 12:05 AM, XxSpearheadxX said:

Obviously that is football, all sports, play to make the team. I am not confused about that. I just haven't heard about Perine lighting up camp, but I have heard about Marshall, Bibbs and Kelly. 

Am I the only one who has been reading this thread thinking it was KEITH Marshall the whole time?  Apparently I've been missing some news this offseason and I'm way behind. 

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Am I the only one who has been reading this thread thinking it was KEITH Marshall the whole time?  Apparently I've been missing some news this offseason and I'm way behind. 

George Preston Marshall has been killing it, all you need to know. 

39 minutes ago, zoony said:

So, how do we feel about Guice being 4th on the depth chart going into tonight?

I think i read a post above that said the coaches arent being fair to him.  LOL.  So it begins

Does anyone believe, for a second, that Guice isn’t the starting back on opening day? Seriously.

You have Alex Smith saying he doesn’t have any weaknesses. Chris Thompson is predicting 1200 yards. The worst thing said about him from the RB coach is that sometimes he’s too aggressive in pass protection. And basically all Gruden can say about Guice is, “he’s a ball of energy!” Lol

None of this matters. Guice is starting day 1. We all know this.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:37 AM, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Add Guice to that list too, he has proven the least among those backs you just listed.

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Does anyone believe, for a second, that Guice isn’t the starting back on opening day? Seriously.

You have Alex Smith saying he doesn’t have any weaknesses. Chris Thompson is predicting 1200 yards. The worst thing said about him from the RB coach is that sometimes he’s too aggressive in pass protection. And basically all Gruden can say about Guice is, “he’s a ball of energy!” Lol

None of this matters. Guice is starting day 1. We all know this.

I think almost all of those quotes have come from direct questions.  Who from the media is asking questions about Rob?  Gruden has heaped praise his way, too

I am not ruling out Guice, Ive never seen him play.  I am questioning the hype train barreling down the tracks at 200 mph.  Maybe we should pump the brakes a little?  

1 hour ago, zoony said:

So, how do we feel about Guice being 4th on the depth chart going into tonight?

I think i read a post above that said the coaches arent being fair to him.  LOL.  So it begins

Preseason depth charts are meaningless. Anyone who saw Jay's presser say that he was not even sure they had a depth chart. He seemed genuinely surprised that Tony Wylie had sent it out. He said thanks since they have to before games. 

And so yes, "so it begins." The complaining because the new man crush is not getting treated a certain way. I love me some Guice. He was one of my favorite players in the draft before it ever happened (I drafted him in our mock draft!). But not getting stressed if they still have him listed as the #4 RB. Certainly not taking it as a slam from the coaches. Totally absurd. I have to think anyone saying that was kidding - at least I hope they were.

For tonight's game, being 4th could actually mean they have already penciled him as the opening day starter, or at least the #2, and are giving other guys touches to see if they make the team. 

23 minutes ago, zoony said:

I think almost all of those quotes have come from direct questions.  Who from the media is asking questions about Rob?  Gruden has heaped praise his way, too

I am not ruling out Guice, Ive never seen him play.  I am questioning the hype train barreling down the tracks at 200 mph.  Maybe we should pump the brakes a little?  

image.png.8d439720d6b43dc2146fb8e81ffbb6b7.png

52 minutes ago, zoony said:

Maybe we should pump the brakes a little?  

This team has sorely missed a difference-maker at RB since Portis. It’s been painfully obvious to everyone except the coaches. We finally invested draft capital into one. This could be HUGE for the offense/team. 

All indications (coaches, media, teammates) is that he’s everything we could have wanted. Why live life waiting for the other shoe to drop? 

9 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Why live life waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Because as Redskin fans, we've been burned too many times. Sure, I think Guice has the potential to be a monster (Took him second in my Dynasty League Draft), but I can't knock Zoony for taking a more cautious approach.

I think dude is the real deal. Any problems that arise from him would come off the field or maybe a clash with the media.

17 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Because as Redskin fans, we've been burned too many times. Sure, I think Guice has the potential to be a monster (Took him second in my Dynasty League Draft), but I can't knock Zoony for taking a more cautious approach.

I think dude is the real deal. Any problems that arise from him would come off the field or maybe a clash with the media.

Yes, caution. A wonderful self-protection mechanism against pain. Be prudent, rational, safe. 

The only thing.... this crap isn’t life or death :-) It’s just young kids from different cities playing ball in a city against other kids, from other cities, playing ball representing another city.

One thing I’ve come to learn over the years..... is that taking strategies to avoid pain... inevitably leads to more pain (you get more of whatever you think about). Further, attempting to numb pain.... also numbs it’s equivalent emotions on the positive emotion spectrum. When when good things happen... you also feel ‘ho hum’.

So to hell with caution.... let’s win the damn Super Bowl. If the Las Vega Knights can go to the SC finals in their inaugural year, then we truly need to throw old narratives out (it takes 3 years to implement a system, or a new head coach, or new personnel needs to mesh, etc. Etc). The Eagles just won the Super Bowl. Without their Pro Bowl LT, QB.... with a rookie head coach and Nick Foles. Anything and everything is possible.

Archived