Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Lots of video clips floating around twitter of Guice in receiving drills, I think he posted them to his social media somewhere. Looks good (you know, for padless, contactless drills). Smooth catching it, good enough route for a RB, good change of direction, fast. He more than belongs which is all that you want to see at this point. 

When asked to catch the ball he was fine. He actually caught 2 TDs passes in the Citrus Bowl again Notre Dame this year, a very good defensive team. The two TD catches are in the first 30 minutes of these highlights: http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400953414

He was just not asked to catch much. It's not what they needed him to do. So many took that as he cannot. But from what I saw, when they threw it to him he caught it for the most part. 

Giants over the top hype today for Barkley, Guice versus Barkley should be fun to watch.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/26/giants-just-cant-stop-praising-saquon-barkley/

“I can’t wait to see what he has when we get in pads. … Running around, flying around, as quick as he is and as big as he is, it’s pretty impressive,” praised outside linebacker Olivier Vernon.

General manager Dave Gettleman started the hype on draft night, saying Barkley “was touched by the hand of God, frankly,” and it hasn’t slowed down. Former Jets running back Curtis Martin added to it with this gem: “If I was to say backs that would make up who he is, I would say Barry [Sanders], Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown.”

“We’re on the same team so hopefully he goes out there and destroys every linebacker he plays against,’’ Ogletree said.

Ogletree has seen a dynamic rookie running back up close before. He was on the Rams three years ago when Todd Gurley II ran for 1,106 yards and 10 touchdowns in just 13 games.

“Hopefully Saquon will come in the league now and do the same things, but even better,” Ogletree said. “You know, he’s a high IQ guy that loves football and asks all the right questions and he practices really well.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Of, for ****'s sake, Curtis lol....

Yeah during the last college season I was among the people who had a love fest for Barkley.  Actually for Guice, too.  But ever since the Giants drafted Barkley, can't help but hate the dude:D  he's the new Andrew Luck of RBs to some -- flawless going straight to the Hall of Fame and taking the Giants straight into the playoffs -- it all makes me gag. :)   At a minimum Guice has 5 times the personality that Barkley has who is boring as heck -- I suspect Guice will outplay him, too.  Will see.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Guice fumbled on his first snap in camp. Clearly he's gonna be a bust and we should cut him.

/sarcasm

Maybe he’s channeling Kareem Hunt, who fumbled on his 1st snap in the regular season against the Pats last year and never fumbled again :)  

This is what I want from Derrius Guice.  I want him to...

protect The Football

- consistently turn 1st & 10 into 2nd & 6.

- never be tackled by the initial Defender

- turn 3rd & 3 into a Rushing Down

- turn Goal to Go inside the 5 into 6 Points

- kill off the clock and/or games inside of 8:00 in the 4th Quarter

- be at least as effective as Alfred Morris was against Divisional Foes

If he can do those things, the numbers don't matter.  The Redskins could very well be playing January Football behind that.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:28 PM, Diehard Otis said:

- turn 3rd & 3 into a Rushing Down

- turn Goal to Go inside the 5 into 6 Points

I think these two points are the most important for me to see. They’re similar in that we can expect 8 in the box. If these two are achieved, I think our offense enters a whole new level  as we should see increased points scored, TOP, and fewer turnovers.  

2 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I might have to get a guice jersey if he ball out this year. 

I don't think Imma wait that long, which would be my first jersey of a modern era player since,,,,oh IDK, Patrick Ramsey/.hahhaaa Does Taylor count, got two of those.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:09 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Former Jets running back Curtis Martin added to it with this gem: “If I was to say backs that would make up who he is, I would say Barry [Sanders], Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown.”

Barry Sanders?  Eric Dickerson?  Okay, I can see that, especially Barry Sanders with his incredible speed and incomparable elusiveness.  But Jim Brown?  Size-wise and maybe strength-wise.  Okay.  But running style absolutely not.  By the fourth quarter, nobody wanted to tackle Jim Brown due to his punishing running style along with his speed and sick moves.

Like Barry, however, Saquon will leave a lot of NFL defenders with broken ankles after fruitlessly attempting to tackle him, especially in the open field.  By the fourth quarter, I can imagine many defenders not wanting to try to tackle Saquon for fear of being embarrassed yet again.  

I think its interesting to read Jay loves him some Byron Marshall.  Guice CT and Marshall will be glorious targets for Alex.

Our RBs are beginning to shape up much more than our WRs.  I think we will follow the New Orleans model and feature our backs more this year.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I think its interesting to read Jay loves him some Byron Marshall.  Guice CT and Marshall will be glorious targets for Alex.

Our RBs are beginning to shape up much more than our WRs.  I think we will follow the New Orleans model and feature our backs more this year.

Am I the only person that just found out people around the league call Chris Thompson, "Chris army knife."

10 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

It still bugs me what they did to this kid on draft day, where is the questionable behavior?

I guess I should just be happy because if it weren't for the lies he probably wouldn't be Redskin.

Agreed, some kid that doesn't see it coming gets ghanked by someone elses agenda. I kinda felt the same way about Lael Collins, didn't deserve it but IMO there is a silver lining in it. The very first thing Guice got to learn is that people will randomly try to **** you over whether you did anything to warrant it or not. See that, learn that, remember that and pay no attention to whiny fans or snarky reporters and just keep your head in your game.

Archived