Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

19 hours ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

@mistertim and @Morneblade, without quoting your last few posts- I’d like to jump on board and say that you guys are seeing almost exactly what I’ve been seeing.  (Even using the same examples during comparisons lol)

We all know that Barkley is not just an athletic specimen— he obviously has pulsing internal drive to become “great”.  (It would actually be shocking if he didn’t have immense success when his career is said and done.) However, watching his game-tape this summer took me back to watching Reggie Bush back at USC.  The dude is a magnet for the sidelines and breaking his runs outside.  Ran mostly out of gun formations.  When teams stacked the box, he had TROUBLE. 

When I watched Guice (and Chubb) I saw vision, power, and decisiveness in between the tackles.  That’s NFL ball.  People should not be surprised if Guice has the most productive first 3-4 years of any of the backs in this years class.  (But at the same time, there’s something about Barkley which makes me feel like he will sustain a much a longer overall career than our boy #29.) 

Zeke as a prospect was the perfect blend (skill set-wise) of Guice and Barkley IMO-, but I don’t see him lasting very long in this league either.  Either way, we got a Top 10 talent in the middle of the 2nd round and a potential face of the franchise.  I LOVE me some red-beans-and-GUICE and so stoked to watch him explode faces every Sunday! 

EDIT (hours later): I also want to emphasize that Miami Guice aka Slice N Guice seems like the most personable “big name” guy this franchise has drafted in the Snyder era.  I watched every available documentary on DG this summer and def shed a crocodile tear of joy when we landed him in the 2nd.   This organization has been lacking identity on the field since Gregg Williams was puttin out HITS (we never got caught ?) but the combination of Swearinger and Guice makes me feel like we are going to bruise some ****ing faces in the NFCEast. 

THE GUICE IS RIGHT!

HTTR

Guice Post!!!      Can’t wait to see him in action. Hopefully,he has a successful 10 year career with the Redskins.

7 hours ago, madden lot said:

After watching the video, i gotta say, we got us a legitimate running back. I mean wow! The guy does things that you need/want in a rb. Vision is great! awareness is great!  And to go along, his speed and break tackle is perfect. 

Indeed.  Speed, balance, vision, burst, wiggle and power... he can do it all, IMO.  

Add in that he’s a hands catcher (and his hands are soft), has very good jump cut and jukes, serious leg drive, a nose for the end zone, can get skinny through creases, uses his blockers well, and of course has a mean stiff arm.  

One other small thing I see him do (which I love), is that he’ll use quick, subtle fakes to alter the feet of would be tacklers, thus reducing the big hits he takes.  

Similar to Smith’s mobility, I think Guice’s running could up the effort of his blockers... I just hope the tes and wrs follow through - improve their blocking (or at least put serious effort in), and don’t resort to holding.  

Hoping his pass pro is ok, though I think that can be worked around to an extent.  For example, have Sprinkle in and blocking and send Guice on routes.  

On 7/2/2018 at 12:14 PM, zoony said:

After watching the video, I noticed that he often cuts so hard that he tears the turf as his cleats slide from under him. For some reason, our team always seem to have the least appropriate cleat length to match the conditions. If we don't address that issue, we may find Guices most effective tacklers are the field conditions and out footwear.

6 hours ago, bowhunter said:

After watching the video, I noticed that he often cuts so hard that he tears the turf as his cleats slide from under him. For some reason, our team always seem to have the least appropriate cleat length to match the conditions. If we don't address that issue, we may find Guices most effective tacklers are the field conditions and out footwear.

I'm not going to say they other thing I'm thinking, because I don't want to jinx anything.....but I wish we would get artificial turf in Fed EX. Our grass is about the worst in the NFL. It's just terrible.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:30 AM, Morneblade said:

I'm not going to say they other thing I'm thinking, because I don't want to jinx anything.....but I wish we would get artificial turf in Fed EX. Our grass is about the worst in the NFL. It's just terrible.

Yea I agree.  WTF, I mean shouldn't Snyder be on top of this kind of thing?  I also agree with the aforementioned comment about the cleats.  That sounds like an equipment manager issue. :angry:

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Why is Guice fourth on the depth chart, as I saw on Training Camp Daily?  

Probably because he is a rookie, and with rookies, you want them to feel they are earning the starter position. Not that it is being handed to them.

By placing him down on the depth chart, it will give Guice a sense of accomplishment and a stronger work ethic to know he worked his way up, instead of being anointed day one.

22 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Probably because he is a rookie, and with rookies, you want them to feel they are earning the starter position. Not that it is being handed to them.

By placing him down on the depth chart, it will give Guice a sense of accomplishment and a stronger work ethic to know he worked his way up, instead of being anointed day one.

Well I feel a little better after hearing you say that.  Still want to see him getting 7 to 8 reps with the one's, instead of having to split carries with someone else.

22 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I have to say, I never looked at it that way (not really anyway).  I always thought it was so the vets saw the job being earned and a chance at honest competition.  Of course it does both, but I like your reasoning.  

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

Well I feel a little better after hearing you say that.  Still want to see him getting 7 to 8 reps with the one's, instead of having to split carries with someone else.

I'm not even sure the ones will even get 8 reps this Thursday. :)

But it wouldn't shock me at all if Rob Kelly gets the start against the Patriots, and Guice comes in later with the other rookies and young players.

It'll just be a part of earning it.

We know Guice and CT are roster locks, and will get most of the reg. season snaps. 

We should be seeing a ton of snaps for all the others this month. Perine, Kelley, Bibbs, Marshall, and Carter are in a desperate audition for the 3rd and maybe 4th spots. 

Perine has had a very quiet camp so far. I can’t remember reading a single play he’s made yet.

Guice/CT are locks. Kelley gets in. They keep one more (of Marshall, Bibbs, Perine, Carter). Right now, it sounds like Byron Marshall has the edge.

On 8/4/2018 at 12:30 AM, Morneblade said:

That's simply not true, where are you getting those ideas from?

From 2012-2015 FedEx had the second lowest injury rate in the NFL.

The only team with pure artificial turf in the NFL, is Buffalo, and they have the 2nd highest rate of injuries over that same time period.

55 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The only team with pure artificial turf in the NFL, is Buffalo, and they have the 2nd highest rate of injuries over that same time period.

Well, that surprised the heck out of me. That's also really good to know. I made a false assumption of it looking like garbage and having lots of divots, that it was dangerous. Along with seeing RGIII finish blowing his knee out on it. But, obviously I was mistaken.

59 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Image result for mind blown gif

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Well, that surprised the heck out of me. That's also really good to know. I made a false assumption of it looking like garbage and having lots of divots, that it was dangerous. Along with seeing RGIII finish blowing his knee out on it. But, obviously I was mistaken.

I could have lost money on that, I would never have bet that way. 

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Perine has had a very quiet camp so far. I can’t remember reading a single play he’s made yet.

Guice/CT are locks. Kelley gets in. They keep one more (of Marshall, Bibbs, Perine, Carter). Right now, it sounds like Byron Marshall has the edge.

This is a great point. I don't remember hearing anything about him. If he looks great in live preseason game action, maybe he has a chance. I think he's gone. 

25 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

This is a great point. I don't remember hearing anything about him. If he looks great in live preseason game action, maybe he has a chance. I think he's gone. 

Yeah I had hoped he clicked in the NFL a little faster, and he still may. I agree I don't think he will be given the chance here, draft pick or not. Kelly busts his ass maximizing his potential and is willing to play blocking FB, Guice is on a different level from anyone, and CT is just a special player period. The next back we keep is going to be someone who can "fill" CTs position. 

It's really nothing against Perine, I think he has a chance to be a player in this league, but it was between him and Rob and I think Kelly has solidified his worth. 

Archived