Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU


Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2018 at 9:59 AM, CrypticVillain said:

Please don't... If Guice doesn't play well, we have to nuke this thread for KB's sake. I don't think he'll be okay at all. lol

Oh yeah... @beachboy757 I think you should start a thread in The Tailgate about your thoughts on the Ghetto.

Naw,  I'm patiently waiting for some Skins ? news.  Thoughts on the Ghetto can be easily found on your local Google Search and Youtube if your more of a visual person?.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

From a scout quoted in MMQ

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/05/fantasy-football-team-reports-preview-scouts-insider-analysis?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

Drafting running back Derrius Guice out of LSU in Round 2 says a lot about how they feel about Samaje Perine, who they drafted last year. Guice has had some off-the-field issues, but he is hands-down the best back on their roster. I think they would really like to run the ball, which they haven’t been able to do consistently over the last couple of years. If all goes well, Guice will give them that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arftech said:

 

Why does this continue to be a narrative?  What off the field issues has he had???

 

 

Exactly, i dont know where any of that is coming from. Anyone else hear anything about him having off-the girls issues after being drafted? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, arftech said:

 

Why does this continue to be a narrative?  What off the field issues has he had???

 

 

He plays video games. Repeatedly. *Shudder*

 

Also his brother was charged with second degree murder, which totally means that Derrius is a ticking time bomb who will explode violently. Probably because of video games.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly, i dont know where any of that is coming from. Anyone else hear anything about him having off-the girls issues after being drafted? 

 

Nope nothing.  But I enjoy seeing that nonsense still because I gather if those rumors weren't out there he would have never dropped to where he did.  I was at one point OK with taking Guice at #13 in the first round -- I never dreamed he'd fall that far into the 2nd.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From a scout quoted in MMQ

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/05/fantasy-football-team-reports-preview-scouts-insider-analysis?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

Drafting running back Derrius Guice out of LSU in Round 2 says a lot about how they feel about Samaje Perine, who they drafted last year. Guice has had some off-the-field issues, but he is hands-down the best back on their roster. I think they would really like to run the ball, which they haven’t been able to do consistently over the last couple of years. If all goes well, Guice will give them that.

 

I looked for a comment section or an email to send them a request to elaborate on exactly what those off the field issues were. I could not find anything. If anyone else does, let me know. I called Peter King out for calling Sean Taylor a bust because he died. He was trying to make the point that drafting S's too high is a bad idea and was using Sean Taylor as one of the examples. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

I looked for a comment section or an email to send them a request to elaborate on exactly what those off the field issues were. I could not find anything. If anyone else does, let me know. I called Peter King out for calling Sean Taylor a bust because he died. He was trying to make the point that drafting S's too high is a bad idea and was using Sean Taylor as one of the examples. 

Are you serious?????...What kind of moron is he?.Taylor was and is still one of the best to ever play that position,hands down!!

He, unlike Guice had legit “off the field issues” and he got it together and brought his game to such an elite level!!..name a player since him at his position that played anywhere close to what taylor brought to the game,I’ll wait????..

His death untimely and as tragic as it was is no way to judge that man(and father too)as a bust..Peter King is a pure slug to even have made that comparison at all..having your house broken into and being killed defending your family to the death is just proof that he was nothing close to “A Bust” at all..he lived as a hero on the field and died one in his home,nothing is farther from the truth..I hate the media sometimes!!

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

Are you serious?????...What kind of moron is he?.Taylor was and is still one of the best to ever play that position,hands down!!

He, unlike Guice had legit “off the field issues” and he got it together and brought his game to such an elite level!!..name a player since him at his position that played anywhere close to what taylor brought to the game,I’ll wait????..

His death untimely and as tragic as it was is no way to judge that man(and father too)as a bust..Peter King is a pure slug to even have made that comparison at all..having your house broken into and being killed defending your family to the death is just proof that he was nothing close to “A Bust” at all..he lived as a hero on the field and died one in his home,nothing is farther from the truth..I hate the media sometimes!!

 

I can't find the actual article but this blog entry references the article and talks about some of the blowback from fans: http://bottom-of-the-barrel.blogspot.com/2010/03/peter-king-still-doesnt-get-why.html

 

He was seriously on the defensive because he knew he was wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

This dude gets it... I can't wait to see him bowl over people! I am glad we got him where we did by luck but I would have taken him in the first. (thankfully I am not a GM, nor am I paid like one) lol

 

Me, too.  Staying on theme for me, I was just reading an article about the NFC East written by the East beat writers with each chiming in on which newcomer will make the most impact -- their answer was Barkley aside from Keim who said Smith.  The comments about Barkley were variations of him about to tear up the league.  Between that and all the NY Giants love from the pundits this off season -- heck even Cooley and Sheehan ran a segment about the Giants having the more talented roster than us -- am really looking forward to the tit for tat Guice vs. Barkley this year, Giants versus Redskins.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"Essentially, we go back to the combine, where Derrius Guice said in a radio interview on Sirius XM that basically had been asked if he liked men,” Schefter said on ESPN. “He had been asked about his mother’s work habits, essentially the NFL launched an investigation, where it questioned many teams, and of the teams that Derrius Guice met with, none of them believed his version of the events. The NFL launched an investigation and found that no evidence of any wrongdoing had occurred, no team had asked a question, and in fact Derrius Guice even admitted to the teams, at least one of the teams that he had not been asked that question. There were other issues with Derrius Guice, and one team compared him to Dalvin Cook in the draft last year where Dalvin Cook had first-round talent, but fell into the second round where the Minnesota Vikings took him and he became a huge rookie bargain."

 

Take these for what they're worth.  I just hope this doesn't turn into another Su'a Cravens situation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:
NFL launched an investigation, where it questioned many teams, and of the teams that Derrius Guice met with, none of them believed his version of the events. The NFL launched an investigation and found that no evidence of any wrongdoing had occurred, no team had asked a question, and in fact Derrius Guice even admitted to the teams, at least one of the teams that he had not been asked that question.

 

Investigator: "Did you ask if Guice liked men?"

Team Official: "Uh..Nope."

Investigator: "Case closed. Thanks for your cooperation."

 

Not quite sure how you could investigate a he said/he said situation unless all interviews are recorded.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

Investigator: "Did you ask if Guice liked men?"

Team Official: "Uh..Nope."

Investigator: "Case closed. Thanks for your cooperation."

 

Not quite sure how you could investigate a he said/he said situation unless all interviews are recorded.

 

There is precedent.

 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/3/4/11161854/eli-apple-atlanta-falcons-combine-2016-asked-if-he-likes-men

Edited by DJHJR86
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read an article in the Washington Post about Guice and now I understand what all these unnamed sources were talking about his troublesome personality.


He's paying for people's college tuition when their scholarship ran out

He's taking a group of kids to the movie

He's engaged in charities and reaching out to his fellow LSU alum to help out.

He bought his Mom a car for goodness sake!!!

 

 

What a bully! What a black hearted fellow! What a sinister malcontent! No wonder the NFL wanted nothing to do with him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What a bully! What a black hearted fellow! What a sinister malcontent! No wonder the NFL wanted nothing to do with him.

 

Nothing that I've read from these alleged "character issues" says anything about him being a bad dude.  They basically say he's an immature diva who lied about questions that were asked of him during his interviews with teams.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

Nothing that I've read from these alleged "character issues" says anything about him being a bad dude.  They basically say he's an immature diva who lied about questions that were asked of him during his interviews with teams.  

 

Yes, those characterizations are room people that know nothing about him at all. When you listen to his teammates from LSU they have nothing but good things to say. Same with his coaches. None of them understand where all this garbage is coming from. 

 

He may walk to a slightly different beat but how does that make him a diva? It does not. He likes to play video games, help other people, and loves playing football! 

 

If he is what immature looks like then give me 100 more just like him. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...