Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Michael Cohen/Trump SDNY Investigation Thread

No Excuses

44 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

huh?

Hannity told no one of this conflict of interest.

He then went on to rail against the raid and against the FBI for executing it.

He will probably lose his jobs because of this. His ethics are shot (and he has never recovered from the ad boycott and is behind Maddow now in ratings)

Apparently you are not familiar with Fox News.

50 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

huh?

He then went on to rail against the raid and against the FBI for executing it.

He will probably lose his jobs because of this. His ethics are shot (and he has never recovered from the ad boycott and is behind Maddow now in ratings)

One can only hope.  Bet you're surprised I feel this way but have despised Hannity for a while now. Like Maddow believe it or not (Disagree with almost everything she says but like her  However I do  like George Will and Tucker Carlson.) 

55 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Pretty sure Fox News gets the same talking points fax from the Koch Brothers everyday as the RNC, and you want to talk about "conflict of interest"?  These' MF'rs don't care about that.

24 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

They're not gonna have it.

ETA?

When Murdoch's sons took over Fox News, I thought they'd "clean it" up because of the rumors they hated what it had become so much.  I'm convinced someone sat them down in a room and showed them numbers and that's why this **** is taking so long (similar to any President getting the first briefing and realizing they cannot keep certain campaign promises they made without intel they now have - no doubt in my mind that's what happened to Obama).

I'm hovering over any news of sponsors dropping or viewers revolt.  Fox News is a machine that hasn't been turned off because of how much money its making.  This stopped being about what was best for the country or their image a long time ago.

Edit:  I can text my Trumper friend right now about this, you know what his response is going to be?:  "Small world"

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Edit:  I can text my Trumper friend right now about this, you know what his response is going to be?:  "Small world"

I’m actually morbidly curious. Would you mind texting him and asking what he thinks then sharing it with us?

Does your friend think that Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels?

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m actually morbidly curious. Would you mind texting him and asking what he thinks then sharing it with us?

Way ahead of you, waiting for his response (it's midnight, so I know he's asleep, I may just swing by his shop for lunch like I do sometimes)  

It's weird, he feels stuck as a conservative in terms of sources that aren't left leaning, and I keep trying to tell him that's not the problem, Trump is f'n up so much that they're going to point it out and they should.  We're not on the same page about f'n up though, but he knows Fox News is not perfect.  

Interesting how one of the reasons he supports them is as a response to MSNBC, people absolutely feel that way.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Pretty sure Fox News gets the same talking points fax from the Koch Brothers everyday as the RNC, and you want to talk about "conflict of interest"?  These' MF'rs don't care about that.

If the Koch brothers had their way with Fox Hannity would have been long gone.  You guys seem to think the Koch brothers are fans of Trump - they're not.

28 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If the Koch brothers had their way with Fox Hannity would have been long gone.  You guys seem to think the Koch brothers are fans of Trump - they're not.

You're underselling the dilemma they are in:  They hate Trump, but the need him in power compared to the alternative to get their agenda passed.  That's why they tried not to touch with a ten foot poll until after he won.

Poor Koch brothers. They hate Trump. The only reason they were even willing to look past his destroying our civic institutions is because they wanted that tax cut that's going to make them an extra $1.4 billion/year. I know what you're thinking... that $82 billion dollar net worth they're currently holding seems like it should be enough for them but really, is it? They're obviously not happy. They could be though if only we could stop thinking of ourselves and of each other and make a few sacrifices to help get that number up to $83.4 billion. Now that's true happiness. I say screw everybody who isn't a billionaire and screw the USA if it means the Koch brothers can have a little more.

Actually, you know what? Now that I think about it, **** the Koch brothers.

8 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Apparently you are not familiar with Fox News.

Right?

they had no problem paying off the oreilly accusers. They’ve had no problem with hannity so far. Now they’re supposed to draw a line? :rofl89:

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Have to say, my vast legal mind (I watched My Cousin Vinnie) is puzzled by this. (At least, not letting Cohen see them). 

I mean, I thought the defense is supposedly allowed to see everything an investigation turns up. AND everything they got was supposedly in Cohen's possession, anyway. 

How do you deny someone permission to see his own property?

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Have to say, my vast legal mind (I watched My Cousin Vinnie) is puzzled by this. (At least, not letting Cohen see them). 

I mean, I thought the defense is supposedly allowed to see everything an investigation turns up. AND everything they got was supposedly in Cohen's possession, anyway. 

Trump's team wanted to get possession of the seized materials, review it themselves, decide for themselves what was covered by attorney client privilege, then turn over the rest.  As if.

As Colbert said last night, that's like a murder suspect saying "Your honor, before the coroner conducts the autopsy, I'd like a few minutes alone with the body."

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think they will be allowed to see anything that will be introduced as evidence in a trial. The Feds take the evidence and connect the dots as they see fit to go bring on charges, etc. 

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

It's a poorly written headline.  She denied the request of Trump and Cohen to see the docs before prosecutors.  What Trump and Cohen wanted was to get first crack at the docs and remove those they claimed as privileged, meaning prosecutors only got to see what Trump/Cohen wanted them to.

Which is silly, and so was naturally denied.

Instead, and I admit I'm not 100% sure on the process here, but it appears that one of two things is likely to happen.

1) Judge appoints a "Special Master" who looks through the documents and recommends to the judge whoch ones to consider privileged and which ones to not.  At the same time, both prosecutors and defense get copies of the docs, and can challenge the findings of the Special Master.  Ultimately the judge is the final decision maker as to whether something is or isn't privileged if there's not agreement on it.

2) No special master is appointed and the parties each get copies.  Defense submits some docs as privileged to the judge, prosecutors can challenge them as not privileged.

Prosecutors will also likely employ a "taint team" during this process.

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

They have the right to see the information but not during an ongoing investigation.

Think of it this way: If your bedroom was a murder scene, would you be granted permission "have 15 minutes alone in there" before the police arrived?

Cohen will be entitled to review everything during discovery, assuming we ever reach that stage.

Due process is about "when" as much as it is a "what."

By the way, Hannity can have attorney-client privilege with Cohen even if he was never technically a client. It's just a very weird argument to be making at this stage.

"We talked about nothing, and you aren't allowed to know about it."

17 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's a poorly written headline.  She denied the request of Trump and Cohen to see the docs before prosecutors.  What Trump and Cohen wanted was to get first crack at the docs and remove those they claimed as privileged, meaning prosecutors only got to see what Trump/Cohen wanted them to.

Which is silly, and so was naturally denied.

Instead, and I admit I'm not 100% sure on the process here, but it appears that one of two things is likely to happen.

1) Judge appoints a "Special Master" who looks through the documents and recommends to the judge whoch ones to consider privileged and which ones to not.  At the same time, both prosecutors and defense get copies of the docs, and can challenge the findings of the Special Master.  Ultimately the judge is the final decision maker as to whether something is or isn't privileged if there's not agreement on it.

2) No special master is appointed and the parties each get copies.  Defense submits some docs as privileged to the judge, prosecutors can challenge them as not privileged.

Prosecutors will also likely employ a "taint team" during this process.

It's standard DOJ proceducre to have a "taint tam" review documents prior to the prosecutors to remove privileged information.

If the attorney and client engaged in criminal activity together, the privilege doesn't exist.

I am guessing that there's plenty in there to abrogate the privilege. One thing they are definitely looking at is campaign fraud relating to at least Stormy Daniels payment if not other women. And there may be other crimes, like money laundering with Russians.

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If the attorney and client engaged in criminal activity together, the privilege doesn't exist.

I am guessing that there's plenty in there to abrogate the privilege. One thing they are definitely looking at is campaign fraud relating to at least Stormy Daniels payment if not other women. And there may be other crimes, like money laundering with Russians.

I think you are giving Cohen too much credit. He's the guy that pays off hoo-ors. He's not laundering money. If that is being done at all, it's being done overseas in ways that you aren't going to catch by raining an office in Manhattan.

Archived