Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

Feels like a numbers game will see somebody I like out of Davis, Harmon, and Cam Sims not make the team.  Unless they dump Doctson.  

They can try and stash somebody on the PS, that might work. I think they're safer on the PS than most do.  

What I dont want is Quick wasting our time taking snaps from any of these guys.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Robert Davis has had both a good camp and a good 2 Preseason games.

Okay everyone but Davis. He has been good, but that's it. 

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

My ideal scenario :

Trade Doctson

Keep on the 53 :

McClaurin

Quinn

Richardson

C Sims

Davis

Harmon

Place on the PS (any 1 or 2 of these, obviously not all 3) :

S Sims

Kidsy

Chesson ?

What are we trading Doctson for a bag of chips?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

As excited as they are about McLaurin, they're just as excited about Trey Quinn.  He called Trey Quinn a dog, plays mean and aggressive and is going to get a ton of looks this year.  The reason you're not seeing him, according to Lewis, is that they want to keep him under wraps.  He's got hands, runs excellent routes and they plan to use him a lot.  Lewis thinks 70-80 catches for Quinn is certainly possible.  

The rest of your post had me up until here. The seemingly fragile last pick in the draft is being sat because he's a super secret weapon and totally not because he seems fragile. I'm pressing the Doubt button on this one.

5 hours ago, dyst said:

Was Doctson the one who was homesick his rookie year or was that Sua? 

Originally our medical staff thought Doctson injured his Achilles, which ended up putting him on IR. Upon further review, Doctor Chris Cooley disproved that assessment and revealed that Doctson suffered from an acute case of Homesickness of the Knees. Cooley has been spearheading the research into homesickness, a currently incurable disease.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The rest of your post had me up until here. The seemingly fragile last pick in the draft is being sat because he's a super secret weapon and totally not because he seems fragile. I'm pressing the Doubt button on this one.

Why can't both statements be true, or at least partially true ?

Any good lawyer will tell you that "The truth, no doubt, lies somewhere in between the 2 stories"

So maybe he's a "Somewhat Fragile, Slightly Secret Weapon"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, FunBunch7 said:

I would feel sooooooooooooo guilty taking a bag of chips for him... 

Lmao 

How about a 99 cent bag?🤔

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Package him with Trent to make sure we get a first

That would hurt Trent's value. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

36 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

That would hurt Trent's value. 

Depends on the partner.  Couple articles out of Boston saying Docston could be a trade option because of what's going on at WR for them, low risk high reward.  Considering they already want Trent, I dont see how that will hurt.

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What are we trading Doctson for a bag of chips?

The Vikings look like they are going to cut Laquon Treadwell, who I think was drafted one pick before or one pick after Doctson.  They are shopping him, but he will probably be cut.

If the Skins know Doctson is not going to make the team, maybe they could swap WR busts to see if a change of scenery helps him at all.

• Like 1

Right now all 3 starters are hurt.  Richardson, McLaurin and Quinn.  

Thats not great.  It seems as though Quinn and McLaurin will be fine.  Richardson seems more serious.

I do think a skill position group which includes AP, Reed, VDavis, CT (if healthy), McLaurin and  Quinn could be pretty good.  

If Guice gets cleared soon, that’s a boost.  If Richardson can play, that’s good too.  

And that’s not even counting on the second group of guys like Cam Simms, Davis, etc. 

If Richardson can't get healthy before the season it might be wise to bite the bullet and go with an injury settlement. That's two years in a row with injuries severely limiting production/game time. I actually did like his fight when he was on the field, but given that this in all liklihood is a loser year it might just be wiser to trim the fat.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

If Richardson can't get healthy before the season it might be wise to bite the bullet and go with an injury settlement. That's two years in a row with injuries severely limiting production/game time. I actually did like his fight when he was on the field, but given that this in all liklihood is a loser year it might just be wiser to trim the fat.

i'm cool with an injury settlement, but that's gonna be an EXPENSIVE bullet to bite. Can we really afford it though?  If we do, I'd like them to trade Doctson also. Clean house with the WR core and let the young guys play.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

i'm cool with an injury settlement, but that's gonna be an EXPENSIVE bullet to bite. Can we really afford it though?  If we do, I'd like them to trade Doctson also. Clean house with the WR core and let the young guys play.

An entire team of rookie WRs? It can't fail! Okay, Trey Quinn did get 10 targets over 3 games his rookie year. So not technically a rookie. He'd be the "veteran" of the bunch since no else has registered an NFL target.

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why can't both statements be true, or at least partially true ?

Any good lawyer will tell you that "The truth, no doubt, lies somewhere in between the 2 stories"

So maybe he's a "Somewhat Fragile, Slightly Secret Weapon"

Maybe he's a double secret weapon?

And presume been big for big Mike Quick,   I guess that is pointing towards Harmon/Sims not being teams aces.

Have we ever carried 7? I think the magic number is 5 and rare occasion, 6, or maybe even 4 mid season for a game or 2. With 2 hands TEs I just don't see 7 WRs short of becoming a pass first spread offense.  Lets pencil Davis in for fun....

Doctson Richardson Quinn | McLaurin Davis. Bubble guys are Sims Harmon and Kidsy

A fantasy guy I follow said Doctson is one of the few Redskins of interest to him, probably based on the super value he may provide. He hardly has much vet competition for targets that's for sure.

Just like a bubble back needs to be able to pass pro, bubble wides need to play teams. Heck CT was PS'd for 3 years.

Edited by RandyHolt