Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

With Colt out injured and 3 of our top 4 WRs missing time, this will be a good chance to see how much of what we hear from coaching regarding chemistry timing etc, is valid.

While Doc has been running with the 1s knowing 2-4 have been injured means they haven't really had a chance to push him at all.  Sims and Harmon are thus no threat to Josh if running with the 1s all camp means a damn thing.

Lets try 6 WR

Doc Rich Quinn McLaurin....  Davis beats out Harmon based on teams.  Is Sims a lock? I am thinking Harmon may nab his spot with a few more OPIRecs, but Sims did make the team last year so I will give him the edge, for now. Harmon sure seems trending up more than Sims.

Harmon and Kidsy to PS

What are your thoughts on the "Other Sims" ?

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What are your thoughts on the "Other Sims" ?

He is the classic preseason sensation that I would normally project onto the 53 in years past.  We are deep in kids showing enough to make the PS but if we carry 10 OL, 3 QBs, there are just not enough spots for that many young WRs. If we go 7 wide dare I think my guy / Jay's guy BRIAN Quick is in the Anthony Mix.

I suspect a factor in SS getting featured somewhat, are injuries to Rich Quinn and McLaurin.  If Quinn doesn't heal up maybe he makes the PS.  I think he is still behind Kidsy. That's all long hand for he is a long shot. Only a run of injuries changes that.

Edited by RandyHolt

I'd like to see us move Doctson for something. FA at the end of the year, and even if he's our best receiver (I don't think he is, but even if) he's not that great and likely not a guy this team re-signs. 

Even a very low pick is capital. And it's a chance to hit a home run. Get a return for a guy who isn't likely to be here next year.

The WRs corps won't be that much worse off without him than with him. Also opens a spot.

Richardson, Quinn, McLaurin, Davis, Harmon, Cam.

Steve Sims and Chesson to PS.

• Like 3

I really Really hope our final WR group includes: Scary Terry MC, Cam Sims, and Harmon.

I am assuming that Quinn, PRich, and JDoc would round out that the corpse, but hope that David replaces JDoc, and it would not break my heart if they included SSim or Jehu in that number.

I really really really hope that we go with a "Next Man up" mentality that once you drop your 2nd catch-able ball you go to the back of the line.

You got some hungry young guys, and I hope that we don't have to watch JDoc miss 80% of his 50/50 balls and PRich hobble to the line for the first 3-4 games for the sake of "Continuity"

• Like 1

It pains me to see Rodney Doctson getting no respect. The way he dominated at TCU..... He's had a rough way to go getting injured early and all. The one he dropped against the Chiefs woulda gave him much needed confidence. Then KC to Doc for the win in Seattle....🙌..2 yrs later sooo ****ing redskins. Those b&g colored 👓 tell me Case can bring his potential to fruition Viking style but he's down to his last shot here.

• Like 1

I've been pretty hard on Josh Doctson in the past but lately.... lately I've just been getting this feeling.  I have no reason to have it but its there, like a splinter in my mind.  I really think Josh is going to surprise us this year.  I'm not talking elite numbers, but I'm thinking something around 950 yards and 6 TDs. 

Why?

1) I think he will stay healthy all season long, appearing and starting in all 16 games

2) If, and I think its possible, Paul Richardson ALSO stays healthy.  Having the speedster out there will REALLY open things up for JD

3) Given 1 and 2, what other WR is a better option for us to throw to?

4) Its a contract year

He may be that guy who draft late and takes you to the finals because he becomes that steady flex you need.

• Like 1

We signed Paul Richardson to huge dollars last offseason and he needs to be a big part of this offense. For some reason I feel like nobody really puts much thought into him. He needs to be our DJax and he needs to stay on the field. I expect PRich to produce this year.

Also, Jay needs to use Reed and Davis in the mismatches they should create. If our defense is supposed to be so good the offense needs to compliment it. Keenum has shown he can produce so Jay needs to push this offense to higher places. The backs, TE's and receivers are all in place. Keenum just needs to be solid til Hask is ready.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I suspect this is a typo, but given the injury history calling it a receiving corpse is pretty funny (in a dark way)

;)

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'd bet my one and only fishing pole, that Harmon would not last on the PS.

Lesser talents than him, have been stolen from PS's, numerous times.

I am 100% with you here.

His cuts look fantastic in camp, and the way he came back for those 2 passes against the Bengals, I love his fight, determination and focus.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Released in favor of who? Sims? Davis? A 6th round rookie? Quick?

I realize that Doctson hasn't lived up to his draft spot but they're talking about replacing a guy who has produced in the NFL with guys who have done literally zero, basically just because? We'd have a stable full of receivers who have never caught a pass in a real NFL game, along with one guy who has caught 9, and one injury prone vet who's played a whole season once in his career. 

• Like 3

Top Secret Weapon ?

2019 NFL preseason: Each team's most promising rookie

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001043148/article/2019-nfl-preseason-each-teams-most-promising-rookies

"The mystery man, however, is third-round receiver Terry McLaurin, who has inexplicably seen just one snap so far. Has he been deemed so valuable that coach Jay Gruden don't want to risk injury? Is Gruden simply playing coy because he has top secret plans to unleash the multi-talented McLaurin in creative ways? Stay tuned. "

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Top Secret Weapon ?

2019 NFL preseason: Each team's most promising rookie

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001043148/article/2019-nfl-preseason-each-teams-most-promising-rookies

"The mystery man, however, is third-round receiver Terry McLaurin, who has inexplicably seen just one snap so far. Has he been deemed so valuable that coach Jay Gruden don't want to risk injury? Is Gruden simply playing coy because he has top secret plans to unleash the multi-talented McLaurin in creative ways? Stay tuned. "

Definitely why I will take him with a late round pick this year in the fantasy draft.

Interesting to see the trade / dump Doc news gaining even more steam. 2 years trying to trade him, yeesh no wonder some of us see little downside to releasing him. If no one else wants him maybe us keyboard GMs aren't that far off.

Re: Hoffman's tweet I see I wasn't the only one to hear Jay mentioned Sims and then Kidsy when talking slot backup.   Kidsy is still listed as #2 on the dated chart but perhaps bigger thing are in the works, including Doc out, PRich in the slot, or heck McLaurin.

Edited by RandyHolt

On 8/20/2019 at 1:59 PM, Fresh8686 said:

Listening to the latest Cooley at the Park and he also thinks Doctson doesn't make this team. He's high on Kidsy and my guy Steve Sims Jr. and says there are like 8 WR's who could make this team. He has Chesson making it over Doctson purely for special teams play.

He also thinks Dwayne should start week 3 and Jay's shot of sticking around past this year is contingent upon how close him and Dwayne bond and how successfully they work together. I don't know about all that, what with Kevin O'Connel waiting in the wings but we'll see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Interesting to see the trade / dump Doc news gaining even more steam. 2 years trying to trade him, yeesh no wonder some of us see little downside to releasing him. If no one else wants him maybe us keyboard GMs aren't that far off.

Re: Hoffman's tweet I see I wasn't the only one to hear Jay mentioned Sims and then Kidsy when talking slot backup.   Kidsy is still listed as #2 on the dated chart but perhaps bigger thing are in the works, including Doc out, PRich in the slot, or heck McLaurin.

I'd like to see us package Doc and Trent together to possibly get more value out of the trade, rather than trading Trent and possibly cutting Doc

23 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'd like to see us package Doc and Trent together to possibly get more value out of the trade, rather than trading Trent and possibly cutting Doc

Trying to trade Doc for 2 years does not bode well for our mission.  Packaging him with Trent may lower our return :ols:

Lets go radical preseason WR Koolaid Projection with current injuries included ahem likely. Why have one Sims when you can have 2? Let me be the first to say both will make it.  By week 4:

Harmon McLaurin SSims

Harmon (or Sims) takes Docs spot. McLaurin takes over for Richardson. Sims takes over for Quinn. Sims and Quick as backup.

Kidsy to PS, Chesson to PS if eligible.

Edited by RandyHolt

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Trying to trade Doc for 2 years does not bode well for our mission.  Packaging him with Trent may lower our return :ols:

Lets go radical preseason WR Koolaid Projection with current injuries included ahem likely. Why have one Sims when you can have 2? Let me be the first to say both will make it.  By week 4:

Harmon McLaurin SSims

Harmon (or Sims) takes Docs spot. McLaurin takes over for Richardson. Sims takes over for Quinn. Sims and Quick as backup.

Kidsy to PS, Chesson to PS if eligible.

Not fair !
You can't say both Sims make the team and then go on to use the name "Sims" by itself, so that we don't know which Sims you're talking about !

• Haha 1