Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

5 minutes ago, Redd said:

Alex Smith doesn't throw picks at the worst of times.  We're  4-2 right now because of AP but Smith isn't losing the games for us.  I'm content. 

This team isn’t good enough to have a QB just not lose games for us. We’ve been fortunate to play some subpar offenses but when we play the legit ones like Philly when they start heating up those are what we’ll need a better QB for.

1 hour ago, storretti said:

I was happy to see Kirk go, I felt the Skins wouldn’t go that far with him but now I regret it.  Hopefully Smith turns out to be a better QB in the second half of the season and make me forget Cousins, but damn this is becoming hard to watch.

I too was not loosing any sleep when KC left and I thought it would be a wash switching Smith for KC, plus I thought we would be saving some money, but as of right now I know I was wrong. Still we are in first place, hard to believe with this head coach and this QB.

I’m over it.  Put Colt McCoy in and see what happens.  This is the Jason Campbell show all over again.  Check the ball down until we are in the red zone, fail to score a TD 80% of the time and then kick a field goal.  That’s our offense.

He has no deep accuracy.  He regularly throws high to receivers who are in dangerous crossing routes.  He won’t risk an inch to squeeze a pass in and would rather throw the ball away on 3rd down and punt.

He was lucky that he had Andy Reid, an offensive genius, coaching him because somehow Reid was able to make it work.  Gruden is not Andy Reid.

7 minutes ago, Redd said:

Alex Smith doesn't throw picks at the worst of times.  We're  4-2 right now because of AP but Smith isn't losing the games for us.  I'm content. 

How many good quarters has he had so far this year? I can count em on my hand , how  can you be content with that 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That scramble out of bounds was 2013 RG3 tier stupid. 

It was Kirk Cousins kneeling instead of spiking level stupid. I've backed Smith for much of the season, but that run out of bounds play was just unacceptable. Those are the types of things Smith was supposed to be better at than Cousins, the little details that close a game out. The playcalling was trash, but the run was worse.

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

How many good quarters has he had so far this year? I can count em on my hand , how  can you be content with that 

With a 4-2 record and not fumbling in the end zone like Dak.  I'm  content.   When we start losing I'm  right there with you with a pitchfork.  Until then we beat the freakin cowboys.   WORK WILL BE AMAZING THIS WEEK WITH ALL THE CRAPPY COWYBOY FANS always talking crap to me when we lose and they win a game.  So Yeah.   I'm  ****ing content. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m over it.  Put Colt McCoy in and see what happens.  This is the Jason Campbell show all over again.  Check the ball down until we are in the red zone, fail to score a TD 80% of the time and then kick a field goal.  That’s our offense.

He has no deep accuracy.  He regularly throws high to receivers who are in dangerous crossing routes.  He won’t risk an inch to squeeze a pass in and would rather throw the ball away on 3rd down and punt.

He was lucky that he had Andy Reid, an offensive genius, coaching him because somehow Reid was able to make it work.  Gruden is not Andy Reid.

You had me at the first two sentences.

I'm shocked at how bad Smith is. I thought he was a lateral move from Cousins. Holy **** were we wrong. He's bad. 

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The one thing I can say for Alex Smith is he doesnt turn the ball over very often!

Thats the only good thing I can say at this point.  Ill have to cling to it.

He doesn't DO enough to cause more turnovers.

All he does is check down or run.

This team is in bad need of some WRs who are not injury-prone and are over 5'9. AND, a QB who is not scared to throw and give a WR a damn chance.

Its strange, complaining after a win against Dallas of all teams, but lets be real; Alex Smith is nothing more than an overly expensive stop-gap QB, Gruden is no play caller, and our S&C coaches should be fired; everyone is constantly injured.

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I've had it with Alex, the situational stuff is what bugs me and we're lucky not making Dallas burn that last timeout didn't cost us the game.

Alex Smith is worse than Grossman, Beck, Matthews, all of them.

He's one of the worst QB's we've had in Washington in 20 years and this team has a legitimate chance at the playoffs, we can't waste it so its time to look at Colt, he will run this offense better than Alex.

Nathan Peterman is worse than John Beck. No one else is, or has ever been.

But I get what you're saying. Alex Smith has been incredibly frustrating to watch thus far – in the last 3 game in particular. It's all fine and good that he's not throwing interceptions. But he's inaccurate, he's not seeing open receivers, and that scramble out of bounds could have cost the game were it not for an inexplicable snap infraction on the Dallas long snapper.

I really don't understand how the NFL's #1 rated passer from a year ago looks as meh as he does now. True, his weapons aren't as good as what he had in KC, and the scheme is different. That doesn't explain how he's not seeing the field and missing open receivers.

29 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This team isn’t good enough to have a QB just not lose games for us. We’ve been fortunate to play some subpar offenses but when we play the legit ones like Philly when they start heating up those are what we’ll need a better QB for.

Yeah, as soon as it becomes a shootout, we're basically toast. Our defense is legit good, but they aren't the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens where they can basically completely carry a team and shut down every offense they go against, no matter how good. They're going to have some teams put up points on them, it's inevitable (Saints, for example). Our offense can't continue to put up such paltry numbers and hope to keep winning squeakers. 

Alex Smith is coming off as a slight dick in his post game conference.

When asked about sliding instead of going out of bounds on our final possession he replied with “Oh you saw that, huh?”, in a stone-faced non-smiling way.

Pretty ready to move on from this guy as soon as the year is over.

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

When asked about sliding instead of going out of bounds on our final possession he replied with “Oh you saw that, huh?”, in a stone-faced non-smiling way.

Alex is here for the next 2.5 years.

24 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I’m not as mad about him running outta bounds as him missing a wide open sprinkle In the end zone..a 24 million dollar qb doesn’t miss that 

Man, he was off target all day long. Throwing high, wide, all over. It's odd since he's generally known as a very accurate QB (when he actually throws the goddamn ball). Not sure if it's the chemistry not being there or what.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Alex is here for the next 2.5 years.

Yeah, unfortunately I think you're right. Unless Jay gets ****canned, Alex will be here for another couple of years. Maybe they'll draft a developmental QB in the 2nd or 3rd next year but who knows. 

I def think McCoy would be better. Has Smith made a play all year? The Sprinkle miss in the endzone was egregious. For $100+ million it's the least he can do. Holy crap was he awful. Jay is a moron as well. Can't manage a game to save his life. Never have I felt so bad after a huge win.

9 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Eh, I'd be more angry that he did it than how he talks about it in a press conference. He did something embarrassing, did you really expect him to say "boy am I ****ing stupid" while breaking into a fit of giggles?

42 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

In fairness he was missing our three leading receivers and he won the game.

He hasn't been great but I totally agree with this and I'll go one step further and say our starting WRs aren't good either. He doesn't have a single WR on the squad that truly belongs in the National Football League. There, I said it. That's a CFL or Arena league squad out there. Docston? Are you kidding me? Crowder and Richardson are WR3s on a ton of other teams. The rest of 'em are not league worthy. 

WHERE THE HELL IS JORDAN REED? 

I'm not defending Alex 100% but I'd love to see him work with some actual NFL receivers.

There will be no moving on from Smith for the next 2 season at least. So that talk can just stop right now. he should get better as he plays more in this offense. But I am not sure it is a great fit for him in all honesty. I was expecting boots and read option as a base for the offense. But we are not seeing very much of that. Thank god we signed Peterson. That guy is straight up incredible. 

Archived