Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

44 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

This team is in bad need of some WRs who are not injury-prone and are over 5'9. AND, a QB who is not scared to throw and give a WR a damn chance.

Its strange, complaining after a win against Dallas of all teams, but lets be real; Alex Smith is nothing more than an overly expensive stop-gap QB, Gruden is no play caller, and our S&C coaches should be fired; everyone is constantly injured.

You know what - I'm actually not as down on the WR as others here. I think this is all on Gruden's ****ty playcalling and Smith being a mediocre QB. I'm glad he doesn't turn the ball over but you don't get any of the upside of Kirk either. We were lucky tonight.

47 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

In fairness he was missing our three leading receivers and he won the game.

If we're being fair, the Redskins offense scored fewer points than Dallas.  That defensive touchdown decided today's game. 

The Redskins offense has yet to score a second half touchdown or score more than 6 points in the second half of any game this year.  Unsurprisingly, they've ben outscored in every second half this season, wins and losses.  That happened again today. 

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Except who is the backup QB better than Alex. No one on roster. Our next best hope is a good QB selected in the draft. 

Colt can run this offense better than Alex, I've seen him do it in small sample size.

Jay didn't forget what a good QB looks like, he's not gonna come out and say Alex Smith is terrible but he knows, there is precedent for him making a tough call at QB which makes me feel better if the madness continues.

I don’t see how having Antonio Brown or Julio Jones is going to stop Alex Smith from overthrowing them on the deep ball or leading them into a dangerous hit on a crossing route.

Good quarterbacks make average receivers (and average offensive lines) look good.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

If Colt was that good then why did they pay all that money to get Alex?

Have you seen who’s running the show???

1 minute ago, zskins said:

If Colt was that good then why did they pay all that money to get Alex?

Colt is a journeyman backup but it wouldn't be the 1st or 5th time we've seen a QB like him come in and play out a successful season.

The answer to your question is incompetence by whoever in the FO made that decision.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Have you seen who’s running the show???

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Because they got bamboozled.

So you guys are saying that Colt would have been a better choice to start the season then? Who would have been the backup QB then? 

Just now, zskins said:

So you guys are saying that Colt would have been a better choice to start the season then? Who would have been the backup QB then? 

Im saying that now, yes.  Colt could easily do what smith has done plus some.  That’s less about Colt and more about Alex.  I realize they couldn’t have sold Colt to the fans but Colt and a rookie is easily better than Alex at his salary.

Smith was trash, but people saying that Colt would have been better have got to be smoking something. Last time Colt squeaked us by, he had Garcon and DeSean to throw to. Josh Doctson ain't no Garcon, and Colt McCoy is 4 years older. I doubt his noodle arm has improved with age.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The thing to me is that if there is really something to his conservative play that keeps the team in games, isn’t 74M still a lot for that?

Couldnt a rookie do the exact same if not better?

Except rookies tend to turn the ball over. A LOT. That kind of kills your chances of winning the way we are right now. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Smith was trash, but people saying that Colt would have been better have got to be smoking something. Last time Colt squeaked us by, he had Garcon and DeSean to throw to. Josh Doctson ain't no Garcon.

And Rob Kelly ain't no Adrian Peterson.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Smith was trash, but people saying that Colt would have been better have got to be smoking something. Last time Colt squeaked us by, he had Garcon and DeSean to throw to. Josh Doctson ain't no Garcon, and Colt McCoy is 4 years older. I doubt his lame ducks have improved with age.

Colt can throw the same dink and dunks that Alex has, and may be more accurate deep.  Neither have an arm to write home about.  

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not if you coach them to play like Alex.

They still make mistakes. Even the good ones. I think the last rookie QB that protected the ball was RG3 in all honesty. So yeah. I guess you could play a rookie. But we werent in any position to take one of the top guys last year regardless. And this years QB draft is looking pretty pathetic.

Archived