Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

Just now, clskinsfan said:

They still make mistakes. Even the good ones. I think the last rookie QB that protected the ball was RG3 in all honesty. So yeah. I guess you could play a rookie. But we werent in any position to take one of the top guys last year regardless. And this years QB draft is looking pretty pathetic.

Dak looked like Troy Aikman as a rookie when they ran the ball down everyone’s throat.  We aren’t at where they were as a running team but have been close to it in the wins.

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Keenum would have 100 fumbles and interceptions if he ended up with us.

"Keenum was a major reason the Vikings were able to halt their playoff woes and reach the NFC Championship Game after posting an 11-3 record as a starter in 2017. Keenum threw for 3,547 yards and set career bests in completion percentage (67.6), touchdown-to-interception ratio (22-7) and passer rating (98.3), which was 22 points higher than he had the year before." -ESPN

Guess he only fumbled and threw a lot interceptions to an 11-3 record last year instead after taking over for Bradford. 

Just now, zskins said:

"Keenum was a major reason the Vikings were able to halt their playoff woes and reach the NFC Championship Game after posting an 11-3 record as a starter in 2017. Keenum threw for 3,547 yards and set career bests in completion percentage (67.6), touchdown-to-interception ratio (22-7) and passer rating (98.3), which was 22 points higher than he had the year before." -ESPN

Guess he only fumbled and threw a lot interceptions to an 11-3 record last year instead after taking over for Bradford. 

How is he doing this year? CRICKETS

15 minutes ago, zskins said:

So you guys are saying that Colt would have been a better choice to start the season then? Who would have been the backup QB then? 

Im saying that a better front office would have got us something better than Alex Smith.  He’s a journeyman QB that isn’t winning anyone a super bowl.

Alex Smith held form in SF until Kaepernick took over and took them to a super bowl and it looks like KC is much improved uber Mahomes.

He’s just a guy.  He’s not winning you any games on his own.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Who is the coach? He would have done better with Gruden and the running game that we have with our D on top of that. 

Not so sure I agree with this. Denver stacks up with us in all those categories as we are unprooven. So I dont know how Keenum with his bad decisions would be an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Im saying that a better front office would have got us something better than Alex Smith.  He’s a journeyman QB that isn’t winning anyone a super bowl.

Alex Smith held form in SF until Kaepernick took over and took them to a super bowl and it looks like KC is much improved uber Mahomes.

He’s just a guy.  He’s not winning you any games on his own.

I never liked Alex. Never understood why Reid took him. Reid made him a just a little better than San Fran. I guess with Colt we could have had a better 1st round pick in 2019. That is the only silver lining with Colt. 

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

Not so sure I agree with this. Denver stacks up with us in all those categories as we are unprooven. So I dont know how Keenum with his bad decisions would be an upgrade.

HE would have still been better than Alex when it comes to throwing down the field. I am not saying he would have been Rodgers type of upgrade. 

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Man, he was off target all day long. Throwing high, wide, all over. It's odd since he's generally known as a very accurate QB (when he actually throws the goddamn ball). Not sure if it's the chemistry not being there or what.

Yeah, unfortunately I think you're right. Unless Jay gets ****canned, Alex will be here for another couple of years. Maybe they'll draft a developmental QB in the 2nd or 3rd next year but who knows. 

The worst part is every time he misses someone poorly, the camera zooms in on his face and that stupid "I can't believe I missed that" smirk .

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

I never liked Alex. Never understood why Reid took him. Reid made him a just a little better than San Fran. I guess with Colt we could have had a better 1st round pick in 2019. That is the only silver lining with Colt. 

Except our front office will never let us have a down year and always tries to throw something together.  Hence we got Alex Smith, but hey he’s got nice stats!

I'll keep beating this dead horse until Alex shuts me up but think of how much better shape the team would be cap wise, money to spend on skills players or a LG, and Kendall Fuller as a slot corner if the team would have just went with Colt for this year.  If not for the big salary I truly believe that Jay would make the switch to Colt.  If Alex can't run any more then what are we doing here?  Fire BA and start Colt.  Trade Alex to whomever and eat the salary. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Except our front office will never let us have a down year and always tries to throw something together.  Hence we got Alex Smith, but hey he’s got nice stats!

Like when Mom could whip something up with whatever’s in the kitchen, but goes to the store anyway for ingredients, and the casserole is still bland AF.

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The worst part is every time he misses someone poorly, the camera zooms in on his face and that stupid "I can't believe I missed that" smirk .

It makes me despise him, I really dont want to, when he plays that poorly and seems to be all shucks about I want to shuck him the face.  Bruce will survive because well go to the playoffs anyone, but he fd up on the Cousins thing and his immediate replacement.  He should be fired for making both of those calls and caping what otherwise is looking like a really good team.

I have zero faith in Alex anymore, someone please pull from the ledge on this issue, please.

Get behind Alex Smith huh??? Is he standing on an edge of a cliff??? 

Said it 2 years ago; trade Cousins when we could have received a kings ransom for him, draft a future QB to develop while we roll with Colt!!!

Smith; played in the most QB friendly system in the NFL, something our personnel dept. apparently couldn't comprehend or evaluate! Now we have a disaster of a QB, who i might add was going to be released before KC found out we were willing to give them something for nothing!!! 

Some where Mark Brunell is smiling!!! 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m gonna go put on a limb here...

From memory, I think Smith is 6 tds, 0 turnovers in the first quarter this season.

Huh?  Did you not see the ugly duckling on Monday night?  He has another pick too but think it was on Reed.  Been lucky with the fumbles too, gotta hope it doesn’t even out later.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think he threw a pick against Carolina.

Edit:  1 NO and 1 GB

Good look.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Huh?  Did you not see the ugly duckling on Monday night?  He has another pick too but think it was on Reed.  Been lucky with the fumbles too, gotta hope it doesn’t even out later.

Man, I erased that Monday night game the second it was over.

Archived