Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

43 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

I'm with you on most of what you are saying in every post.

One thing I personally don't want to do is "waste" draft picks in the later rounds on a QB.  It's worthless.  Name an active QB outside of Tom Brady that was drafted late that has ever done anything, let alone ever.  To me late round picks can be contributors on ST's and fight for jobs.  You're going nowhere with late round QB's.

Keep it to undrafted QB's to "develop".  I want round 5-7 to be contributors.  I also think it's a waste to dress a 3rd QB on game day and take up a valuable roster spot.  Who is the last 3rd active QB to make any noise in a career, let alone a game?

It's a QB driven league.  If you want to get a QB, "go get 'em", don't wait for 'em and try to groom him.  Track record shows it doesn't work.

20 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

While I understand what you are saying I disagree to a certain extent. The problem with drafting with this type of approach is you end up missing a player that can help you. 

For me it's best player available. If it's a QB on the board, take them. If not move on. The nice thing about having Alex - and the reason I kind of flipped on trading for him or not - is that now the team does not have to be desperate. At this point the cost is irrelevant. He is here. And part of that is it gives the team the luxury of not having to draft a position early on. 

And I was add this - if he out plays Alex, $24M/yr or not, let him play. Smith can be the most expensive back-up in the NFL. If you have yoUr starer on a rookie contract who cares.

I agree with both you here.. I understand not wanting to forfeit depth players... the options are there to pick up free agents.  I'm not looking specifically for starters in what I'm talking about.  I'm looking for capable assets with value.  Don't get complacent.  Bruce and Dan knew they weren't going to play ball with Kirk, so having some sort of a long term idea would have been nice... whether that be draft, whether it be picking up someone like Keenum or Foles last offseason.  At that point we had Kirk under the tag, Colt with 2 years left, and Sudfeld who had been a P.S. guy.  No, I'm not saying anyone expected to see either one of those guys do what they did... but they were inexpensive veteran options that were more than happy to be a backup... and guess what happened.  I guess I would have liked some foresight to say "Kirk might not be here in a year and half, lets have a plan in place" instead of "well we can't afford him, who can we get?" 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Debating Alex versus Kirk where at the end Bruce Allen was called out in the end about how he needs to go, wild

Well, SIP if this team fails again next year, I think we'll be looking for another GM and HC.  Thoughts?  Personally, I would have loved to have seen Reich as our new HC under a new GM.  I think he will be super successful with the Colts.

12 hours ago, RWJ said:

Well, SIP if this team fails again next year, I think we'll be looking for another GM and HC.  Thoughts?  Personally, I would have loved to have seen Reich as our new HC under a new GM.  I think he will be super successful with the Colts.

I like Jay.  My feelings about Bruce on the other hand. :(

But to your point yeah I do think the Alex Smith trade if anything put the team in win now mode.  Cooley-Sheehan ran a whole segment on the topic today.  You can't justifying IMO losing draft capital, a young emerging player and getting 4 years older at QB -- and justify anything less than a playoff year.   It's playoff or bust otherwise this off season would look IMO colossally dumb.

I am chilled about this season in one sense for these reasons.  If Alex Smith lights it up and his a big year and the team has a big year -- awesome.   If it doesn't go well -- then I don't see how Bruce keeps his job.  As for where different people were on Kirk, you got some mixed narratives about everyone really whether its Scot, Jay (though most on Jay indicated he was in on Kirk), Dan.  The one consistent variable on the Kirk drill was Bruce.   All the beat reporters from what I recall have laid this at Bruce's feet as being the lead dance on not getting it done with Kirk.    It's just hard for me to see how this goes well for Bruce if the season goes south.  If it does I hope Jay isn't collateral damage but to your point I suspect he will be.

I am as down on Dan and Bruce as anyone.  But I am more optimistic than the typical FO critic that if the house burns down that Dan might actually hire a Dorsey type.  My rationale for that isn't that Dan all of a sudden will hit an epiphany about how to win in the NFL -- but instead that he'd see the PR value of doing it and conversely the PR hit of hiring another politician type like Bruce again. 

You know it's bad when the GM is getting called out on NFLN.  It's rare that I see ex players point fingers at a GM and even call for his firing.

As for their thoughts on Smith, I'm afraid they align exactly with my negative thoughts.  I do have this little shred of positivity the guy hits the fountain of youth and naturally fits into the system, but it is merely a shred.

As of now, I’m expecting Smith has maybe his 2nd best season, but it translates to 7 or so wins.  Allen and Gruden keep their jobs, but just barely, because we lose a few close ones and Dan’s optimistic about the next year. 

Consistently average is a nice change from our recent history, but a 5th year of it finally forces Dan to make a change. 

25 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

As of now, I’m expecting Smith has maybe his 2nd best season, but it translates to 7 or so wins.  Allen and Gruden keep their jobs, but just barely, because we lose a few close ones and Dan’s optimistic about the next year. 

Consistently average is a nice change from our recent history, but a 5th year of it finally forces Dan to make a change. 

It would be the 5th season for Jay.  9th season for Bruce.  I am not in favor of firing in Jay if the season goes south.   But I think Cooley-Sheehan might be on to something about playoffs or he's likely gone.  Hope they are wrong.  Now, Bruce is another story. I'd be in favor of him going tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I hope and think they have a good shot at the playoffs this season.  But I think Jay is a good coach so other than a collapse next season, I don't agree with a rationale for moving on.   Not sure Dan has the patience for a 6th season if they don't have a good year this year. 

And the Kirk situation brings another weird backdrop to the season -- last season it was the press release working the fans against him.  This year, Kirk's season in a way might represent a running commentary on our FO for better or worse.

5 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

That is an opinion only.  Kirk threw for more yards the last 3 seasons but that in itself does not make him better, you can cherry pick stats to support your view but that does not mean anything.  Alex throws fewer interceptions so if you want to go off that we could say Kirk is not near as good as Alex.  The only way to get an apples to apples comparison is to see them in the same system with the same or similar personnel and that happens this fall when Alex has Jay calling plays, only once the 2018 season is in the can will you be able to truly compare them.  For what it's worth I think they are pretty much a wash, Kirk has more zip, Alex is more accurate etc.

Truth be told, Alex is here and Kirk is not.  I wanted a LTD with Kirk but that ship has sailed and I sincerely hope that after March 14th I never read another thread or post on this board about Kirk because no amount of moaning or complaining will change the fact that he has gone and seems pretty happy to be leaving.  Hope he has a good career but he is not my Quarterback anymore.

*EXACTLY.

While players are Redskins, I'm 'ALL-IN' on 'em!

Once they leave - for 'WHATEVER REASONS', ''IDGAF' ABOUT 'em!!!

I'm a 'TRUE, UNWAVERING, DIE-NEVER WASHINGTON REDSKINS/WIZARDS/NATIONALS/CAPITALS FANATIC'!!!

'POINT-BLANK'! PERIOD.

*"HTTR-'TIL THE WHEELS FALL-OFF!!!"

??✨?????️?️?????⚾???⚽?????️???????️??????????️??️??????????☝️?✊???????????????️?️?

So many want to make Bruce/Dan/Doug (whomever) out to be the boogeyman for this move but why?

Kirk was never coming back. He didn’t want to be here and showed it when it was revealed he wouldn’t sign a deal even for the highest paid in NFL history.

The Redskins moved on and got an QB that will keep them in contention. Yes losing Fuller sucks but he’s a slot CB who looked good in relatively limited snaps. He’s no Champ Bailey. The third rounder we can get back with the comp pick or other trades we may make this offseason/draft.

Jeeezus. I took almost a week break hoping to come back to some new material, and y'all are still talking about Cousins vs Smith. 

Unless this deal falls through, their is NOTHING else to talk about regarding Cousins. Let the man ride off into the sunset and get his money. He's gone. All he cares about is what color pen he should choose to use when signing his check with his new team.

It's Alex Smith time. Stop comparing Cousins to Smith. Nothing to compare, Smith is better on paper and hopefully he will show he's better next season. 

13 hours ago, Dan73 said:

No thanks. 

And I as I have said before I will do as I please.

13 hours ago, Dan73 said:

Did I tell you needed to or had to?

I said if. 

No need to get all emo

Hi there. :) 

Since you've chosen to ignore both Staff & members warnings about the bolded type comments above, this may not be the place for you.

And we're ok with that. :) 

So here's what we're going to do. You're going to a Read Only status until a time when after at least a month has passed at which point you can PM either myself or @thesubmittedone and demonstrate that you have read, & can comprehend the Rules that you agreed to when you registered your free account here. Since you kinda come off as slow because you've failed with ALL the previous warnings, that's why you get the 30 days to study on the Rules. PM us about this before hand & you risk a permanent ban per Rule 18. 

@Skinsinparadise

Yeah, I can see this year being it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if an improved showing from the D and run game makes Dan hesitant to move on.  I wouldn’t exactly blame him, superficially anyway, because of having to deal with the problems with Kirk, Scot, losing weapons, injuries this year, and now a new qb.  

I should say I wouldn’t blame him for holding onto Jay.  Allen is a different story - he seems to be the one gunning with a win now mentality, and he’s the one to blame for losing Kirk.  Jay at least has shown the ability to adapt to losing weapons, injuries, (assuming it pans out this way) a new qb.  He’s also the one who mentored McVay, hired a better D coordinator and has lifted the franchise to mediocrity (kinda hurt to type that last bit).  

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

He’s also the one who mentored McVay, hired a better D coordinator and has lifted the franchise to mediocrity (kinda hurt to type that last bit).

It shouldn’t hurt. You get it. He is arguably the only highly functional aspect of the organization. The fact that he’s reached 7 to 9 wins the last three years, under this FO, is a testament to his coaching abilities and damn impressive.

I sincerely believe that those who don’t see it like this either overvalue coaching in the NFL (where personnel acquisition and FO leadership/vision are fundamentally more important) or think they have the magic eye to where they can assess the impact of those things on coaching accurately (with the assumption that certain aspects of coaching are totally removed from the limitations of a bad environment - they are not). 

Anyone who has worked in a bad environment and/or under terrible bosses can attest to how that can negatively impact everything, including what you are already highly skilled at as well as being unable to focus on improving upon things you’re not.

It’s unfortunate, but Jay is likely collateral damage like @Skinsinparadise said. I don’t see this ending well, but if it does, it will be because Jay overcame way more than he ever should’ve been put in position to (story of Dan’s tenure). The limited ceiling of 7 to 9 wins many of us are seeing is not being provided by Jay, there simply isn’t a coach alive who’s going to consistently do better under an FO that’s as convoluted and dysfunctional as ours has been. 

I say all that hoping I get surprised and, against all odds and precedent, this FO set up excels and allows those within it to benefit and thrive, God willing. 

3 hours ago, RonBurgandy said:

Jeeezus. I took almost a week break hoping to come back to some new material, and y'all are still talking about Cousins vs Smith. 

Unless this deal falls through, their is NOTHING else to talk about regarding Cousins. Let the man ride off into the sunset and get his money. He's gone. All he cares about is what color pen he should choose to use when signing his check with his new team.

It's Alex Smith time. Stop comparing Cousins to Smith. Nothing to compare, Smith is better on paper and hopefully he will show he's better next season. 

Yeah, that post surely helped everyone to stop debating the topic. I mean, you didn’t just drop your entire narrative here yourself immediately after trashing people, uhm, doing the same thing. :ols: 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would be the 5th season for Jay.  9th season for Bruce.  I am not in favor of firing in Jay if the season goes south.   But I think Cooley-Sheehan might be on to something about playoffs or he's likely gone.  Hope they are wrong.  Now, Bruce is another story. I'd be in favor of him going tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I hope and think they have a good shot at the playoffs this season.  But I think Jay is a good coach so other than a collapse next season, I don't agree with a rationale for moving on.   Not sure Dan has the patience for a 6th season if they don't have a good year this year. 

And the Kirk situation brings another weird backdrop to the season -- last season it was the press release working the fans against him.  This year, Kirk's season in a way might represent a running commentary on our FO for better or worse.

I see that as I am writing this @thesubmittedone just posted something similar. But I am posting anyway, well cause i put so much work into it. I hate to waste such a masterpiece!!  :rofl89:

You are probably right here. I think Jay has not gotten the right chance to be successful. Having said that, every time Dan hires someone new for one of the top jobs like HC or defacto GM, there has always been strings attached in the firm of other people. Many seem to forget that Bruce Allen did not hire Mike Shannahan. Dan Snyder had always wanted him as a HC. So even though he hired Bruce first, DS gave Bruce his first HC. 

I say this because if somehow Dan finally gets it through his mini me little head that the team needs a traditional structure and he hires a proper GM - this may be the only good thing to come from a philly SB win, just saying - then I would want that GM to be free to start completely over with the staff and yes the HC he wants. Maybe he has some hold-overs but I would want it to be his choices - not hamstrung by Dan's favorites. So if Jay has to be sacrificed to get a proper structure and fresh start, then I am all for it. Jay will be fine. He will go work for Jon for a year and he will resurface for HC openings immediately. 

My biggest concern with Jay is in staff building, esp. on the other side. I mean first he kept Haslett who had been awful under Shanny. Now by the time he finally went out to nab his own DC he got the only person in the NFL worse than Haslett, a guy whose previous record was twice fielding the worst defense in the NFL and since then had developed or done nothing of note with San Diego. His choice at Special Teams also has been suspect. On the other hand, Manusky did better than I thought until injuries wiped out the middle of our defense (Allen, Nicholson, both middle linebacker and their backups, etc.) and Manusky seems to have assembled a pretty good supporting staff with Gray, Tomsula, Olividati, etc.) Still if a Head Coach's most important duty is to assemble his staff, his track record is uneven. Other factors, like a too-soft training camp, bad on field discipline, and a lack of young players emerging (other than at db and ol) are a little worrisome.

So, Jay has some qualities I really like as a coach, but he certainly hasn't proved he's Walsh, Bilichek, Gibbs, or someone likely to be a future great. Part of that is the roster, but part of it is that this team so often seems unprepared or comes out flat when the games matter most.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

So, Jay has some qualities I really like as a coach, but he certainly hasn't proved he's Walsh, Bilichek, Gibbs, or someone likely to be a future great. Part of that is the roster, but part of it is that this team so often seems unprepared or comes out flat when the games matter most.

I got somethings I don't like about Jay.  Really any coach we've had or for that part any coach in the NFL.  Tough to find Belichick.  And everyone has flaws like we all do.   But there are two things I think some might underestimate with Jay.

1. Many have said the dude really knows personnel. Scot told it to me directly.  The one reason I don't freak out about how the draft will go is his involvement.  My only frustration with him on that front is if Tandler is right and he plans to stubbornly stick to out running backs are fine, no need for upgrades.  But I suspect and hope he's wrong.

2.  His personality.  IMO he has the perfect personality to deal with all the chaos here.  He's laid back and can shrug off criticism and at the same time has the personality to charm Dan-Bruce if need be.  I got some coaches I like better than Jay but tough for me to see them thriving in the snake pit there -- things eventually I think would blow up.  Stability IMO is key for the success of any franchise -- having a coach who could survive and in turn create that stability I think is key.  He's also a likable dude.  Bruce-Dan not so much.  It's good to have a face for the franchise that doesn't make us come off like the evil empire.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

My biggest concern with Jay is in staff building, esp. on the other side. I mean first he kept Haslett who had been awful under Shanny. Now by the time he finally went out to nab his own DC he got the only person in the NFL worse than Haslett, a guy whose previous record was twice fielding the worst defense in the NFL and since then had developed or done nothing of note with San Diego. His choice at Special Teams also has been suspect.

I don't totally disagree with this.  But part of me wonders if he didn't involuntarily inherit Haslett upon taking the job.  Sure, he probably liked the guy due to having some history together.  But he may have had no choice in the matter as for keeping him.  I've heard rumblings on several occasions that while Dan has spent ridiculous sums of money on free agents, he doesn't feel the same way when it comes to paying assistant coaches, scouts, and pretty much anyone that's not a head coach or player.  For example, I have a hard time believing that Joe Barry was his first choice to replace Haslett.  But Joe Barry was certainly going to be the cheapest option to replace him.  With that said, the idea to hire Barry sounded as bad when it was announced as it panned out on the field.  I'm willing to extend him that mulligan as a first time head coach making a bad hire.  Manusky also to me came across as a cheap hire.  I just find it hard to believe that a head coach that's been around the game practically his whole life going up against great D coordinators wouldn't desire to have a top of the line guy there.  I can't help but feel like there is something else in the soup that leads to these kind of hires.  I will say that I am absolutely shocked that Kotwica still has a job.  The errors his unit made last season were dumbfounding. Actual rank in special teams doesn't mean much to me because I watched it with my own eyes.  Their all around ineptitude and lack of football IQ in many situations put the team in bad spots.  I'm not sure how the coach survives that.

I do however think what Jay deals with as a head coach in Ashburn is very understated.  I don't think he's perfect by any stretch but nobody is.  Just like QB's, I watch coaches screw up every week, even the ones that people laud as great coaches.  It's easy to sit at home from our couches and play clock management and playcall guru but it's a much different ballgame (pun intended) on the sideline.  Elevating this team to consistently mediocre given the bosses he reports to I think is a testament to his abilities as a head coach.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see him go elsewhere with a better FO and be very successful.

I absolutely agree with SIP here on Jay - It would be a real shame to move on from him at this point. But if all goes south for the Skins it really is the manner in which things go south that will be the issue - I think we should be looking at double-digit wins this season - if we finish 10-6 and still miss out on the playoffs (possible)  I cannot see a move happening... even if we end up 8-8 but are scraping until the last day i think there would be a possibility for a change . 

Bruce is unfortunately insulated because he has moved himself away from being a GM - by hiring Redskins Legend Doug Williams and lets Jay run the football team - He has also kind of intigrated himself into the discussions about the new stadium so short of all-out nuclear war (which is not impossible) i can see him being in position for the forseable 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't totally disagree with this.  But part of me wonders if he didn't involuntarily inherit Haslett upon taking the job.  Sure, he probably liked the guy due to having some history together.  But he may have had no choice in the matter as for keeping him.  I've heard rumblings on several occasions that while Dan has spent ridiculous sums of money on free agents, he doesn't feel the same way when it comes to paying assistant coaches, scouts, and pretty much anyone that's not a head coach or player.  For example, I have a hard time believing that Joe Barry was his first choice to replace Haslett.  But Joe Barry was certainly going to be the cheapest option to replace him.  With that said, the idea to hire Barry sounded as bad when it was announced as it panned out on the field.  I'm willing to extend him that mulligan as a first time head coach making a bad hire.  Manusky also to me came across as a cheap hire.  I just find it hard to believe that a head coach that's been around the game practically his whole life going up against great D coordinators wouldn't desire to have a top of the line guy there.  I can't help but feel like there is something else in the soup that leads to these kind of hires.  I will say that I am absolutely shocked that Kotwica still has a job.  The errors his unit made last season were dumbfounding. Actual rank in special teams doesn't mean much to me because I watched it with my own eyes.  Their all around ineptitude and lack of football IQ in many situations put the team in bad spots.  I'm not sure how the coach survives that.

I do however think what Jay deals with as a head coach in Ashburn is very understated.  I don't think he's perfect by any stretch but nobody is.  Just like QB's, I watch coaches screw up every week, even the ones that people laud as great coaches.  It's easy to sit at home from our couches and play clock management and playcall guru but it's a much different ballgame (pun intended) on the sideline.  Elevating this team to consistently mediocre given the bosses he reports to I think is a testament to his abilities as a head coach.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see him go elsewhere with a better FO and be very successful.

With you on all of this.... I'd imagine like Calais Campbell, Gruden has had his eyes on guys but it ultimately comes down to the guys up top strokin the checks.  Haslett was inherited and for whatever reason they stuck it out.

I also agree with the understated HC deals.  Gruden is a really good O.C., who clearly has an effective system.  My struggle with him is the gameplan and in game decisions regarding clock management and playcalling... it could just be as simple as he's trying to do too much on Sundays.  We heard rumblings that the playcalling involved 3 people.  Jay would say 'Run Play' and Callahan would call it, he would say "Pass Play" and McVay would call it.  This past year it appeared we went away from that, but there were still a lot of playcalls that left you :blink:.  The in-game adjustments would drive me insane at times as well.  A WR could be running free and Kirk would miss it... and it would appear it was never pointed out and the focus wasn't changed... the read never adjusted.  Putting in place a TRUE O.C. who is handing the offense would make a really big difference... 

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't totally disagree with this.  But part of me wonders if he didn't involuntarily inherit Haslett upon taking the job. 

I've always thought that Haslett was forced on Gruden too, but I do think he chose Barry and that for some reason he really wanted to prove the world wrong and himself right on Barry. I do reject the idea that Snyder has been cheap when it comes to coaches. He has several times over had the biggest and most expensive coaching staffs. Snyder has been notoriously cheap when it comes to the Front Office though. I don't know if we still do, but at one point we had the smallest scouting department in the NFL. It is kind of crazy how stable it's been. Schaffer, and Campbell have been here forever and through many regimes. Allen too has managed to last almost a decade with very little gain for his efforts.

Still, on the coaching side, I don't think that Callahan or Tomsula were cheap hires as position coaches and if you look at Gibbs and Shanny, I bet their staffs were not remotely cheap. I do think Gruden might have been partly hamstrung after Haslett because a bunch of better candidates thought Gruden was on the hot seat and could easily be fired after the season and what good coach wants to sign on for just one year. Still, from every report, Gruden's first interview and top choice was Barry and there were some amazing guys on the market that year.

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I do reject the idea that Snyder has been cheap when it comes to coaches. He has several times over had the biggest and most expensive coaching staffs.

Still, on the coaching side, I don't think that Callahan or Tomsula were cheap hires as position coaches and if you look at Gibbs and Shanny, I bet their staffs were not remotely cheap.

While the head coach's salary gets published, it's rare to find anything on how much assistant coaches are making. I agree that most likely Callahan and Tomsula weren't cheap, but can't find anything to determine that.  Perhaps there is a budget set for coaching and it only stretches so far, but we'll never know.  I could totally see Dan opening his wallet for whatever Joe Gibbs wanted, even Shanny in the beginning.  I'm just not sure if that extends to head coaches he didn't grow up infatuated with.  Dan's never done much to prove to me that he's all about investing whatever it takes to be a top notch organization other than splashy offseason hirings whether it's the head coach or players.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

While the head coach's salary gets published, it's rare to find anything on how much assistant coaches are making. I agree that most likely Callahan and Tomsula weren't cheap, but can't find anything to determine that. 

I just checked. The Redskins are not cheapskates when it come to coaches. Here's an article from 2017

https://bizfluent.com/info-10012660-nfl-coach-coordinator-salaries.html

Recent trends have boosted prospects for assistant coaches, who traditionally earned far less than their higher-profile bosses. Once confined to the $200,000 range, between 20 and 25 assistants now earn seven-figure salaries, The Los Angeles Times reported in January 2005. Wide variations still persist, however. Assistant coaches earned the highest average salary in Dallas, whose organization paid $301,710, The Jacksonville Florida Times-Union reported. The Washington Redskins had the highest budget, with $5.22 million for their 20 assistants. By contrast, Jacksonville Jaguar's 17 assistants averaged just $194,782.

I mentioned McVay, but it’s worth spelling out that 1 year as an O coordinator and he went on to become the youngest head coach in NFL history.  Lot of that is on McVay of course, but that’s a helluva feather in Jay’s cap.  

Barry was, ultimately, a terrible choice, but I can see why Jay fell for him - his philosophies (not schematically of course) were pretty refreshing.  I’m not sold on Manusky, but he seems like a clear upgrade on the last two guys.  As tso said, it comes down to personnel, and we seem to be getting that side of the ball in better shape.  Manusky also made a great call in bringing in Tomsula and Gray.  

@Burgold - regarding young guys emerging, I could argue he’s had more success than you’re giving him credit for.  You mention leaving out OL and dbs (that’s 10 players, so almost half of the starters, which narrows the field dramatically.  Even so, leaving aside Fuller, Scherff, Moses, Dunbar, and Nicholson (and maybe Roullier, we’ll see) there’s Cousins, Crowder in his first year, Allen and Ioannidas, Smith and Murphy, and Grant/Thompson (to an extent) - it’s a pretty decent list.  Heck, who would have thought Kelley would emerge as a lead back.  This year is going to be telling as we have several young receivers hitting their 2nd/3rd years (along with Sprinkle), Perine and Anderson going into their 2nd, and whatever offensive talent we draft.  

Archived