Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

On 5/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, sabbath1981 said:

I don’t know if calling him extreme trash is warranted. He came off looking bad in that Martin fiasco, but seeing how their respective lives how evolved since perhaps he didn’t get the fairest of shakes. To me he comes off as extremely emotional and passionate guy. Having Guice run behind him and Tent would be fantastic. 

*Dear Front Office:

HURRY-UP and Sign THIS Guy [to St. Elizabeth's Psychiatric Hospital (if still in Operation) - for a 'FULL & COMPLETE Evaluation']...

13 hours ago, wit33 said:

The Skins reportedly were in on Campbell until the end. It’s not as if they didn’t want the guy, but competition exists. They were bidding against a Jags team filled with rookie deals, which allowed them to front load 30 million in the first two years without hurting the team in the now or future. 

Yes, they competed... and lost. That’s the point, hence the “wish we were a tad bit more aggressive” thing I said from the onset. Furthermore, Campbell was just one example. There were other Dlinemen that offseason, including Hankins, that would’ve been better for us. It was discussed ad nauseam last offseason, it’s not hindsight. 

It’s ok. I like where the Dline is right now, as well, and it should be way better than it’s been. But there are definitely ways they could’ve handled it better and gotten to the point (if not better) where it’s at now quicker.

I was actually okay with what they did in the 2016 offseason neglecting the position outside of drafting Ioannidis because there weren’t many options in FA and there were runs on Dline before our picks in the draft.

Furthermore, it felt like we were another offseason away from really contending anyway, so I was looking forward to us getting aggressive during the 2017 offseason and putting the final touches on the roster then. I’d say the way 2017 went pre-injuries lends itself well to having had that mentality. That’s why it was so disappointing when we ended up with McClain/McGee amidst a myriad of options, but then having Allen miraculously fall to us was absolutely HUGE. Imagine if he didn’t and he went where everyone expected him to, which was a very real possibility? 

All the hopeful talk of how they looked pre-injuries, as much as it may be exaggerated/wishful as it stands, wouldn’t even exist! I guess we’d be excited about Ioannidis developing, Lanier to some degree as well... but that’s it in terms of big time potential. 

13 hours ago, wit33 said:

I like the roster and belive they’ll have a chance in every game to win, especially against the overrated super Bowl champs :) 

Great, wonderful, me too, but that has nothing to do with anyone’s point related to the Dline. And I wouldn’t call them “overrated”, but hey, what do I know, they just beat the Pats in the Super Bowl. No biggie. :ols:

Teams collapse all the time though, so who knows. 

But, yeah, discussing the ways they could’ve handled it better and/or managed their resources and/or questioning whether it needed to take as long as it did to reach this point, does not mean anyone thinks the roster sucks as is.

In fact, it’s quite the opposite. It’s precisely because we think we’re pretty close that we do so and that we want it set up for the coaches/players to have their best chance at contending, not just remaining static. Dline is a major part of that. 

On 5/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, sabbath1981 said:

I don’t know if calling him extreme trash is warranted. He came off looking bad in that Martin fiasco, but seeing how their respective lives how evolved since perhaps he didn’t get the fairest of shakes. To me he comes off as extremely emotional and passionate guy. Having Guice run behind him and Tent would be fantastic. 

He was also fined $5,000 for a "major face-mask" that occurred on an extra-point attempt in the second quarter of the Rams' 19-17 win, and resulted in a 15-yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff just before halftime.

Incognito additionally was fined $5,000 for a chop block, according to the source. That occurred on a pass play in the second quarter of the game as well, and was not penalized on the field, but was detected on film of the game (a chop block is normally a 15-yard penalty).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/17/AR2008101702953.html

------

Image result for incognito smashes car

--------------------------------

The day after the game, Ngakoue said it happened after a running play, but he could not recall if Incognito used the N-word.

"No, I don't remember, but, you know, he said what he said," Ngakoue said on Jan. 8. "He knows what he said. I don't have to repeat it."

Ngakoue, whose father is a native of Cameroon and whose mother is from the West Indies, said Incognito insulted his ethnicity.

"What happened on the field that day is an exchange between two men in the setting of a football game," Incognito told TheMMQB.com. "We're gonna keep it between us. Out of peace and armistice, we are just going to keep it between us.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22214999/buffalo-bills-richie-incognito-apologized-jacksonville-jaguars-yannick-ngakoue-accusation-racial-slurs

------------------------------------------

Me personally, Im going to wait to see if the Skins actually sign him before I start the mental gymnastics of chalking up his entire career and rep as just being "passionate". The guys a certified *jerk. I personally dont care if he is a *jerk or not. I only care about if he helps this team win and wont be a locker room distraction. But Im not going to sugar coat him. If he signs with us, I think we have an *jerk at LG that helps us win. Im fine with that. 

edit

* The word I orig used was not jerk and I assumed it would be filtered out but it wasnt. Its a word that can be used as a noun  in the same sentence where jerk is used as the verb. Really surprised that word wasnt filtered out. 

Just read Cantalina went down yesterday... Jeesh

I think we have to fly him in ASAP. If i'm in charge I offer good contract with zero tolerance policy around any insensitivities to race, gender, religion, etc. First hint of an offense that is corroborated as true, terminable offense. I make the rules very clear, I incentivize him with above average financial contract since we have the space (easily for his range) and he is a position of dire need

---EDIT---

Nevermind,he thinks he's Batman. Maybe this Isaiah Williams fellow isn't so bad

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/23/report-richie-incognito-held-by-police-after-incident-at-gym/

I guess we can put this potential replacement at left guard to bed now. 

I don't care how good he is if he doesn't have it all together upstairs. 

Probably a result of playing such a violent game for so long,  time to retire it would seam. 

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

I think we have to fly him in ASAP. If i'm in charge I offer good contract with zero tolerance policy around any insensitivities to race, gender, religion, etc. First hint of an offense that is corroborated as true, terminable offense. I make the rules very clear, I incentivize him with above average financial contract since we have the space (easily for his range) and he is a position of dire need

What about if he thinks he's batman? 

3 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

What happened to him? Is he hurt or last for the year? He was a long shot to be a contributor, but still!

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/23/report-richie-incognito-held-by-police-after-incident-at-gym/

I guess we can put this potential replacement at left guard to bed now. 

I don't care how good he is if he doesn't have it all together upstairs. 

Probably a result of playing such a violent game for so long,  time to retire it would seem. 

Yeah, I agree. Sounds like his issues are far more complicated than just being a dick.

16 hours ago, carex said:

Isiah Williams doesn't need to be in the thread title.

It’s a bit of an eyesore, isn’t it? :ols: 

I wrestled with putting him there or not but, I mean, he fits the criteria.

Whatever, we’ll all just have to suffer. :ols: 

5 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Well we can scratch Incognito off the list. Sadly it looks like he has other battles he’s got to face instead of football. 

He was never on my list. I hope he was never on the teams list. The guy is a total POS. That is not what they are building. Nothing wrong with having some character but this guy is a useless human being. Not someone this team needs. 

19 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Yeah, I agree. Sounds like his issues are far more complicated than just being a dick.

I mean he said he retired cuz his body was breaking down.  This team probsbly.needs some edge, especially in the trenches, but Incognito is probably finished  in more ways than one.

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Interesting...  Looks like Junior's pride got in the way this off-season, and he regrets turning down the Skins' offer.

<edit  tweet>

Nice of Galette to admit his shortcoming and failure in this situation in the offseason. What the Redskins offered him WAS very generous, considering all the time he had missed (two seasons worth), and the fact that he didn't exactly blow anyone's doors off last season.

But it is probably too little, too late. The Redskins went and got McPhee, so they probably wouldn't offer Galette that deal now.

2/10 sounds like a bit much unless it's heavenly incentive laden.  While I would have liked to see him come back and would prefer him to McPhee, I can't quite wrap my head around WTF he was thinking he was going to get for quite a few 'almosts' in limited snaps last season.  I was intrigued to see if he could turn those almosts into actual sacks this season.  He needs to fire his agent unless his agent was begging him to take that deal and his own pride got in the way.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He needs to fire his agent unless his agent was begging him to take that deal and his own pride got in the way.

I think it was the latter rather than the former.

Galette is the kind of guy would have no problem blaming his agent in his tweet if that is what happened. He seems pretty blunt and outspoken most of the time. Most likely, it was his own pride that got in the way.

So was this 2 year/$10 million offer was what Galette was referring to as "slave money"? :huh:

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I think it was the latter rather than the former.

Galette is the kind of guy would have no problem blaming his agent in his tweet if that is what happened. He seems pretty blunt and outspoken most of the time. Most likely, it was his own pride that got in the way.

So was this 2 year/$10 million offer was what Galette was referring to as "slave money"? :huh:

I see where he's coming from. How you supposed to feed your kids on $5M per year? The man can't keep his kids in the favela and having them eating top ramen every night.

Archived