Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

28 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Incognito is extreme trash but at a low visibility position like interior OL, surrounded by established vets who can lead rather than young impressionable guys...I'd look the other way on his issues and sign him for the sake of the offense. 

I don’t know if calling him extreme trash is warranted. He came off looking bad in that Martin fiasco, but seeing how their respective lives how evolved since perhaps he didn’t get the fairest of shakes. To me he comes off as extremely emotional and passionate guy. Having Guice run behind him and Tent would be fantastic. 

56 minutes ago, sabbath1981 said:

I don’t know if calling him extreme trash is warranted. He came off looking bad in that Martin fiasco, but seeing how their respective lives how evolved since perhaps he didn’t get the fairest of shakes. To me he comes off as extremely emotional and passionate guy. Having Guice run behind him and Tent would be fantastic. 

I don't care about the specific dynamic of the Martin situation, and whether it was bullying or just over the line ribbing. Martin obviously has issues of his own (but that doesn't mean he was not a victim). Its the content of the recordings and messages revealed in that investigation that show Incognito is a garbage person, regardless of context. There have been other things through his career as well, and things he believes that I detest personally. 

I'd still sign him to help the OL, since we have a strong OL room and its not a "face of the team" position. I want to win games and damn do I want a good running game. I still think he's a POS. 

12 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I’d still sign Hankins. Of course, don’t know how much he’s asking for and judging by the fact that he’s still out there it’s probably way overboard, but I hope the Skins are in on him until the very end. If no one is biting he’ll be forced to come down in asking price. And I doubt he’s just so horrifically out of shape no one wants him. 

There’s basically been two ways to win a Super Bowl the last decade plus. Elite QB + solid D or Elite Dline + solid O. And for the love of God please no one be annoying and post the exceptions to that. I know they’re there. :ols: 

If you’ve got a chance to ensure an elite Dline, you take it. It transforms your entire defense faster than anything else, which only aids the offense as a result. 

Very pleased with the emphasis on Dline the last two offseasons, but I wish they were just a tad bit more aggressive at the position.

Just imagine if we signed Campbell last year instead of McGee/McClain and got Hankins this offseason while having Allen fall to us last draft? With Payne and Settle taken this year (though you’d think they may have went another direction and taken Edmunds/James had the above happened, instead)? A Dline rotation of Campbell, Allen, Hankins, Ioannidis and Settle with Edmunds/James, Zach Brown, Swearinger, Nicholson roaming behind them?

Sick. 

Alas, beggars can’t be choosers. I’ll take the potential of an Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, Lanier and McGee rotation. Maybe even Taylor pans out and they’re confident enough in his health to carry him on the 53. They’ve got a chance to be elite as is, so hopefully it happens quicker than we think. 

But, yeah, I’d still add Hankins if/when his asking price eventually comes down. I don’t think you can over-emphasize Dline when building a team, or at least it’s extremely difficult to. 

I am sorry but you are asking far to much there.  Maybe if there were no salary cap

So did Incognito Un-retire?  If he did and is available I would definitely sign him if he is 100% committed. When his head is on straight he can be better than good. It does bring baggage and would be a disaster looming around the corner if he’s not 100% in it to win it.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

http://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-signing-g-isaiah-williams/

Redskins signing G Isaiah Williams

He's a practice squad caliber player. Color me unimpressed. I'd still sign Incognito. 

And, I don't understand how people are still hung up on Hankins. I do regret that we didn't sign him before the draft, but it's clearly over. We haven't signed him. We drafted two DT's. I think the team likes McGee more than the rest of us do. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

He's a practice squad caliber player. Color me unimpressed. I'd still sign Incognito. 

And, I don't understand how people are still hung up on Hankins. I do regret that we didn't sign him before the draft, but it's clearly over. We haven't signed him. We drafted two DT's. I think the team likes McGee more than the rest of us do. 

At this point I'd imagine he'll be a rotational option and a depth guy.  I'd assume Payne is DT1, and Settle is DT2 for the foreseeable future.   That doesn't mean that early on McGee plays more snaps than Settle as he develops, but I don't think they're banking on him being a substantial contributor.  

6 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

At this point I'd imagine he'll be a rotational option and a depth guy.  I'd assume Payne is DT1, and Settle is DT2 for the foreseeable future.   That doesn't mean that early on McGee plays more snaps than Settle as he develops, but I don't think they're banking on him being a substantial contributor.  

I don't understand how you see the depth chart. How do you see things shaking out with Payne, Allen, Ioannidis, Settle, Lanier, Taylor and McGee if we add Hankins to the mix?  We are in a 4-3 nickel 2/3 of the time, and Kerrigan and Smith will be lined up at DE. That doesn't leave a million snaps. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't understand how you see the depth chart. How do you see things shaking out with Payne, Allen, Ioannidis, Settle, Lanier, Taylor and McGee if we add Hankins to the mix?  We are in a 4-3 nickel 2/3 of the time, and Kerrigan and Smith will be lined up at DE. That doesn't leave a million snaps. 

I don't think we sign Hankins... 

And I don't know if we mean the same thing here, but we line up in a 4-2-5 look the majority of the time ( I guess that could be called a 4-3 nickel?).  Because of the fact that we have Allen and Ioan, I think they will spend their fair share of time INSIDE when we have that look.  If we run that 4-2-5 concept, depending on the down and distance, as well as the ability of the opposing O-line and RB, I can see a rotation of all 4 of our young studs being in there.  Obvious running situations, in the nickle look, we'll probably see more of the Payne or Settle combo with some variations... when it's a clear passing / screen situation, we might see more of Allen or Ioannidis on the interior.  

My HOPE is that we develop a more frequented rotation, keeping everyone fresher along that D-line.

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I don't think we sign Hankins... 

And I don't know if we mean the same thing here, but we line up in a 4-2-5 look the majority of the time ( I guess that could be called a 4-3 nickel?).  Because of the fact that we have Allen and Ioan, I think they will spend their fair share of time INSIDE when we have that look.  If we run that 4-2-5 concept, depending on the down and distance, as well as the ability of the opposing O-line and RB, I can see a rotation of all 4 of our young studs being in there.  Obvious running situations, in the nickle look, we'll probably see more of the Payne or Settle combo with some variations... when it's a clear passing / screen situation, we might see more of Allen or Ioannidis on the interior.  

My HOPE is that we develop a more frequented rotation, keeping everyone fresher along that D-line.

we were rotating seven or eight people into three or four spots

can we stop with the Hankins ridiculousness! Skins are not signing him.... period. it's common sense really. they drafted 2 guys that play this position that are younger and cheaper w the same or better upside. Barring crazy inj streak to our dline(knock on wood), it aint happening, and it shouldnt.. let it go.

7 hours ago, carex said:

I am sorry but you are asking far to much there.  Maybe if there were no salary cap

I’m sorry, but you’re assuming:

1) They don’t have the cap space to fit those FA signings I mentioned, which they do (Campbell over McGee+McClain is not that big a difference, for instance), not to mention I qualified my desire to sign Hankins with his “asking price eventually coming down” and; 

2) That I’m not perfectly fine with missing out on other FAs they signed instead by, as I stated a million times, preferring Dline over other positions when team-building (like if the above signing cost us, say, signing Pryor I would’ve been fine with it) and finally; 

3) That the resources wasted in the horrific mismanagement of the QB position, as well as many of the cheaper FA signings that failed but add up when stacked together, isn’t a factor in all of this. 

But you're right, it is asking too much of a Dan/Bruce-lead FO. You got me there.  :) 

The Skins reportedly were in on Campbell until the end. It’s not as if they didn’t want the guy, but competition exists. They were bidding against a Jags team filled with rookie deals, which allowed them to front load 30 million in the first two years without hurting the team in the now or future. 

The Skins then attempted to hit on McClain and McGee at a cost of 15 million over two years. McClain appeared to play poorly while McGee was solid. 

I like the roster and belive they’ll have a chance in every game to win, especially against the overrated super Bowl champs :) 

5 hours ago, carex said:

Payne, Settle, Allen and Ioannidis all still on rookie contracts for between 2 and 4 years minimum. Hankins on a one year deal, at what you can safely assume is now a decreasing cost/price. Don't see the salary cap impact on that scenario.

Looks like a young stud DL at very low cost, relative to the talent in that group.

Eagles are releasing Mycal Kendricks. 

I was surprised they held onto him at the beginning of FA given their cap situation and I thought the Skins would be very interested. Eagles players seem to love him and credit him for huge amount of success and lining up right on D etc. 

I understand the Eagles wanted to keep him .. but they did the guy a dis service by releasing him now. Teams may have already filled that need like we did with Zach Brown. 

I wanted Kendricks over Z Brown. 

29 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

12.9M is our estimated cap space for our current top 51. 

That means we can still add an impact player and perhaps re-up Scherff or Crowder. 

With the fifth year option no reason to sign Scherff yet. If Trey Quinn can show he can play slot receiver it’s time to let Crowder go. The guy they need to sign now is Preston Smith over either of those guys. One good season from Smith will cost them millions more to keep him then waiting a season to sign him and with the Payne addition I think he’s going to produce more this season then he did last. 

29 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Id rather add a starting caliber LG over another LB. 

More decent to good players still to be released imo.  

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/cap/

I don’t think they sign anyone note worthy. They need to reup either Smith or Scherff now or keep the remaining money and roll it over to next season. The scrub they signed today has never played a single game so he’s not noteworthy to me

Archived