Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1. Replying to @jsteelznskins @RedskinsRant and 2 others

Do you agree with what our front office is doing? If not, what would you do differently?

Like Mo . It was the same money but we did it a lot more incentive based deals . If they stop going as wild they would land some of these guys

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yes I know.  Another huge red flag. Those guys are slimey.

well, I'm suggesting that is the big issue.  They tell him to set his demands so high he doesn't get signed till he an everyone else are out of options

1 minute ago, carex said:

well, I'm suggesting that is the big issue.  They tell him to set his demands so high he doesn't get signed till he an everyone else are out of options

And he chose them with his own free will which shows lack of ... a lot of things, but intelligence and research come to mind.  

Hell, Carl was suspended for the Arrington debacle.

1 hour ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I was shocked to see that as well. 

Got it from profootballreference

and yes...having Hankins in there when there’re not would be much better

I think I realize why I made that mistake. I equated snap counts in general to total defensive snaps. 

On Redskins.com they used to put up the snap counts and I remember Allen was consistently at the top of the Dlinemen. I was surprised by this since he was a rookie. 

So I think I equated that to total defensive snaps versus just Dline if that makes sense. 

Man, I hope I’m remembering this right, at least. If that’s wrong, too, I’m going to go find myself a neurologist right away. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Domo and 2 others Retweeted

The #Redskins have made an official offer to edge rusher Pernell McPhee, per a league source. McPhee visited yesterday. He has averaged over 5 sacks the previous four seasons w/the #Ravens and #Bears.

NO NO NO NO!  I hope he doesn't accept and it's vet minimum IF he does.  What's wrong with the Skins!  

Say goodbye to Jr. Galette.  Think that marks the end of his tenure here in DC IF McPhee signs the deal.

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

NO NO NO NO!  I hope he doesn't accept and it's vet minimum IF he does.  What's wrong with the Skins!  

Say goodbye to Jr. Galette.  Think that marks the end of his tenure here in DC IF McPhee signs the deal.

yes, it obviously does, but based on his previous comments I think that was likely to start off

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I’m not feeling this whole Bruce “getting a good deal” is more important of a win, than fielding an actual winning team. 

we've fielded a barely winning team over the past few years, where is the attachment to these guys coming from

36 minutes ago, RWJ said:

How many sacks does each have the last three years?

• John Keim Retweeted Chick Hernandez

Skins have made several offers this offseason that haven't closed the deal. Made offer to Galette too. Low. Now McPhee. Stay tuned/wait

John Keim added,

Chick HernandezVerified account @CHICKatNBCS
    Looks like the Skins are ready to move on... #redskins https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/976268255441686529 

CbaVjDxb_bigger.jpgChick HernandezVerified account @CHICKatNBCS
FollowingFollowing @CHICKatNBCS
More
Replying to @john_keim

The Galette offer was low and laughable compared to what others who didn’t play much last year got.

3 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Disappointed about Hankins. You put him next to Allen, you’ve got 2 guys who command and can sometimes even break double teams. Completely changes how teams can attack us. We can rush 4 and they need to keep 6 in to block us. On running plays you’ve got 2 central penetrators which allows our speed guys extra time to rush and hold the line bouncing runs out and towards the sidelines.

I agree... although calling Kerrigan and Smith ‘speed guys’ might be a bit generous, lol.  

No offer to a:

-Rotational player getting limited snaps

-With previous off field issues

-With the realistic potential to pop either Achilles

-Who was paid to rehab for two straight years

-Who is turning 30

...Could be described as "low and laughable". 

Obviously no one else is offering Galette what he wants either. 

Could it be that we are looking at a wholesale change in strategy here? I mean I detest Allen just as much as the next fat person and I know my beloved Franchise is a shell of what it once was. 

Don't overspend on Free Agents, amass Draft Picks and build through the draft? I guess I desperately want to believe there is a plan. Just scratching my head here.

38 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Could it be that we are looking at a wholesale change in strategy here? I mean I detest Allen just as much as the next fat person and I know my beloved Franchise is a shell of what it once was. 

Don't overspend on Free Agents, amass Draft Picks and build through the draft? I guess I desperately want to believe there is a plan. Just scratching my head here.

Pssst.  We haven’t spent on FA’s since 2010.  Briuce being cheap isn’t a new thing...

7 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Anyone think Hankins is waiting for Suh to sign to see his worth?

Yes.  Posted that earlier today.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:
  • John Keim Retweeted Chick Hernandez

Skins have made several offers this offseason that haven't closed the deal. Made offer to Galette too. Low. Now McPhee. Stay tuned/wait

John Keim added,

Chick HernandezVerified account @CHICKatNBCS
    Looks like the Skins are ready to move on... #redskins https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/976268255441686529 

CbaVjDxb_bigger.jpgChick HernandezVerified account @CHICKatNBCS
FollowingFollowing @CHICKatNBCS
More
Replying to @john_keim

The Galette offer was low and laughable compared to what others who didn’t play much last year got.

I like Chick.  But there are times when he’s a bit ... I’m not sure what. Over the top? Wrong? Something.

The offer to Galette can’t be laughable if nobody else has offered more. And since he’s still unsigned....

Just because it’s not what other guys are getting doesn’t mean diddly-poo.  Every situation is unique, and  Galette missed 2 seasons, is a role player, and will split snaps with Kerrigan, Anderson and Smith.

I almost think the offer to the other guy is to prod Galette to accept the offer on the table for him.

1 hour ago, redrobert said:

There's a difference between not overspending and being cheap.  I'm not sure which we're doing yet, so I'm torn on giving them the benefit of the doubt because of it. 

They just blew a hole in our cornerback depth in one offseason, so I hope to God there's a plan, too. I won't hold my breath until I'm convinced Doug Williams isn't playing Space Cadet Pinball on his computer all day asking if he can be of assistance and being told "no".  I say that because since we're still not using HTTPS and neither is redskins.com, he's probably still using Windows XP for all we know.

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Pssst.  We haven’t spent on FA’s since 2010.  Briuce being cheap isn’t a new thing...

Yes.  Posted that earlier today.

I like Chick.  But there are times when he’s a bit ... I’m not sure what. Over the top? Wrong? Something.

The offer to Galette can’t be laughable if nobody else has offered more. And since he’s still unsigned....

Just because it’s not what other guys are getting doesn’t mean diddly-poo.  Every situation is unique, and  Galette missed 2 seasons, is a role player, and will split snaps with Kerrigan, Anderson and Smith.

I almost think the offer to the other guy is to prod Galette to accept the offer on the table for him.

Chick Hernandez seems to enjoy getting the fans riled up lately and joining in on the shading of the FO even though his job should require him to be neutral.  On one of the recent JP Finlay podcast he insinuated that all the free agents that signed to other teams left for "greener pasture" almost making it seem like players can't wait to run away from this hell hole ?  He did end up backtracking somewhat.. 

The organization needs a new voice that is positive but also neutral.  I think JP and Al Galdi are good but a majority of the Redskins media seems so frustrated and over the team (It's not even football season yet either!).  Poor Bruce Allen is terrified to do a press conference knowing all these folks are waiting to light him on fire real good.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

There's a difference between not overspending and being cheap.  I'm not sure which we're doing yet, so I'm torn on giving them the benefit of the doubt because of it. 

They just blew a hole in our cornerback depth in one offseason, so I hope to God there's a plan, too. I won't hold my breath until I'm convinced Doug Williams isn't playing Space Cadet Pinball on his computer all day asking if he can be of assistance and being told "no".  I say that because since we're still not using HTTPS and neither is redskins.com, he's probably still using Windows XP for all we know.

Positions of strength blown to shreds wide receiver and now cornerbacks 

Archived