Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With the disclaimer on my end that I am purely going on PFF scores, his age, and what I've read -- and if that stuff is on the mark I am not going to cry over him signing elsewhere.   Granted maybe there is something I am missing.  I've really paid not attention to him or researched him before today.

I am not giving up on Hankins.  He didn't sign right away last year either.  I don't love but don't hate them signing Scandrick in lieu of Cromarite.  I'd rather not rush this signing just because Hankins is taking his time.   Granted I don't know how far apart they are as to money.

Has DRC sign?

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to that interview a couple of times.  There wasn't much to takeaway.  Entertaining though.  What stood out to me:

CB  probably stays put as for signings -- but he mentioned they can add depth

RB -- draft, draft, draft -- big need

WR -- thought it was interesting that the young guy he hyped was R. Davis as opposed to M. Harris.

I haven’t heard the interview but he he was taking up Davis last year right after the draft. 

One thing that the departure of Grant does is it opens the door for reps and playing time for other guys.  

Last off season speculation was that Hankins was asking for $15mil a year. We do know for sure that the Giants had an offer out to him for $8 million a year to stay with the team. Suddenly the second week of April he visits Indianapolis and leaves without a deal, then on April 13th he accepts deal from Indy for $9+million a year mostly because they could give him bigger signing bonus and more guaranteed the first year (but still get out of the deal relatively unscathed the second year)   That is a long time to wait for him to make a desicion only to have another team with more money swoop in and grab him. Don't want a repeat in 2018

1 minute ago, actorguy1 said:

Last off season speculation was that Hankins was asking for $15mil a year. We do know for sure that the Giants had an offer out to him for $8 million a year to stay with the team. Suddenly the second week of April he visits Indianapolis and leaves without a deal, then on April 13th he accepts deal from Indy for $9+million a year mostly because they could give him bigger signing bonus and more guaranteed the first year (but still get out of the deal relatively unscathed the second year)   That is a long time to wait for him to make a desicion only to have another team with more money swoop in and grab him. Don't want a repeat in 2018

That's why they are bringing in other NT/DT (i.e., Williams and possibly Logan).

2 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I really think signing Scandrick was a move that would be made in lieu of making room for a Hankins. DRC and Hankins and Galette probably not possible. Maybe Scandrick Hankins Gallette is? That along with the McClain news makes me think it's still a possibility. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but i'm thinking Hankins is probably asking for 12-13. We are most likely offering 9-10. And I dont think that's a bad thing.

Yeah its the only reason why I am ok with Scandrick -- assuming that wasn't really a 5 million contract but incentive crazy.  To me Scandrick is just a veteran depth guy like Blackmon.   Not that I needed to hear Cooley's film review to get a sense of what he is as a player but he called him just a guy, a C signing.  But that's fine if it sets up another signing.  If though we go with a JAG at DT along with Scandrick -- then to me that's yuck.

As for Hankins.  Considering the other contracts out there including Richardson.  Mt best guess he's asking 9-10 million.  Bruce is offering 5-6 million.  And they hopefully have a meeting of the minds.  Keim has said Bruce is famous for his low ball initial offers.  Cooley talked about it himself from personal experience.   If so hopefully more negotiations ensue. 

7 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Has DRC sign?

Not yet but listening to Jay today I don't get the sense they are signing anyone else major at CB. But you never know.

Disappointed about Hankins. You put him next to Allen, you’ve got 2 guys who command and can sometimes even break double teams. Completely changes how teams can attack us. We can rush 4 and they need to keep 6 in to block us. On running plays you’ve got 2 central penetrators which allows our speed guys extra time to rush and hold the line bouncing runs out and towards the sidelines.

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah its the only reason why I am ok with Scandrick -- assuming that wasn't really a 5 million contract but incentive crazy.  To me Scandrick is just a veteran depth guy like Blackmon.   Not that I needed to hear Cooley's film review to get a sense of what he is as a player but he called him just a guy, a C signing.  But that's fine if it sets up another signing.  If though we go with a JAG at DT along with Scandrick -- then to me that's yuck.

As for Hankins.  Considering the other contracts out there including Richardson.  Mt best guess he's asking 9-10 million.  Bruce is offering 5-6 million.  And they hopefully have a meeting of the minds.  Keim has said Bruce is famous for his low ball initial offers.  Cooley talked about it himself from personal experience.   If so hopefully more negotiations ensue. 

Not yet but listening to Jay today I don't get the sense they are signing anyone else major at CB. But you never know.

Agree with everything except the amounts. Loutelei got 10 APY and by all accounts is not as good of a player. Rumors are he wanted 14+ last year. I can't imagine after another successful season he's down in the 9-10 range. And if he is, AND he left, then yeah that really does not sit well with me.

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Also need to consider competition for Hankins from teams that miss out on Suh like the Rams or Raiders who both have more cap room

I do kinda get the feeling that Hankins is wait No for Suh to sign so he’s the last guy left and can best leverage his situation.

NOTE: I think it’s kinda a red flag that Hankins has been the last guy to sign 3 years in a row and only lasted 1 year with the Colts.  He’s a good player but there’s something there that’s disconcerting. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No kidding. He's talented but not even a 1st rounder. Never mind at #13. 

1st round receivers are like 1st round QB’s there are very few and far between, but teams keep reaching for them because a great one can make you really great. Cal Johnson got Stafford paid. Fitzgerald makes scrubs look good. 

12 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Agree with everything except the amounts. Loutelei got 10 APY and by all accounts is not as good of a player. Rumors are he wanted 14+ last year. I can't imagine after another successful season he's down in the 9-10 range. And if he is, AND he left, then yeah that really does not sit well with me.

If I recall Richardson get 8 million plus 3 in incentives.  Loutelei was overpaid IMO.  Just like Moncrief was for WR.   But I am just guessing you could be right.  Will see.

Doing research for my @Warpath_News draft preview - By my count & using @pfref as a guide, #Redskins have only selected one true NT in Bruce Allen era. That was Chris Neild, a late 7th rd. pick in 2011. NT's are a tough value but this is part of reason #Skins can't stop run.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

In the end, think it will be Williams as he's supposed to make his decision tonight via a tweet that was posted earlier tonight.  It's between us and another team.

So we have an offer on the table?  Meaning if he signs it, we’re out of the Hankins business.  Ugh.

Edit: I just found him on twitter and not seeing it.

Please clarify, Williams or Hankins is making a decision tonight?

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I thought the equation for cap space needed for rookies was the Rookie Pool - ($480,000 X The number of draft picks)

That number is around $3.2M.

Does anyone have more details on this?

You're correct. But that 21 mil figure is before draft picks, or Scandrick. Or other expenses in the future.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No kidding. He's talented but not even a 1st rounder. Never mind at #13. 

Wrong thread but Steve Smith. 

I could see him the back end of the first. And he wouldn't be out of place at all there IMHO. 

FWIW, my #2 receiver ahead of Miller. But then the depth is so good this class with the wideouts (man the logjam in the second/ third in particular. How do you separate that bunch?), I wouldn't personally use a first on any WR not called Calvin Ridley. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wrong thread but Steve Smith. 

I could see him the back end of the first. And he wouldn't be out of place at all there IMHO. 

FWIW, my #2 receiver ahead of Miller. But then the depth is so good this class with the wideouts (man the logjam in the second/ third in particular. How do you separate that bunch?), I wouldn't personally use a first on any WR not called Calvin Ridley. 

Hail. 

Every once in a while you post something that I agree with so completely that I almost forget how much of  a weenie you are.

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do kinda get the feeling that Hankins is wait No for Suh to sign so he’s the last guy left and can best leverage his situation.

NOTE: I think it’s kinda a red flag that Hankins has been the last guy to sign 3 years in a row and only lasted 1 year with the Colts.  He’s a good player but there’s something there that’s disconcerting. 

he's got the Postons as agents

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So we have an offer on the table?  Meaning if he signs it, we’re out of the Hankins business.  Ugh.

Edit: I just found him on twitter and not seeing it.

Please clarify, Williams or Hankins is making a decision tonight?

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

Wow, where the heck did I get that from, then? :ols: 

I could’ve sworn reading about that last season and being surprised by how much he was playing.

Not saying I don’t believe you, but do you have a link for that info? 

Either way, when they’re off the field a guy like Hankins ensures next to no drop off, so the main point stands. 

I was shocked to see that as well. 

Got it from profootballreference

and yes...having Hankins in there when there’re not would be much better

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Odd phrasing in in that second tweet.  I thought Scandrick asked Dallas to release him several weeks back.  I think he saw the writing on the wall with all the young DBs Dallas brought in last year.  They may have "gave up" on him, but I don't think granting him a release, that he requested, is what made him feel that way.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs on the language...

Archived