Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Neither Scandrick nor Hankins, or McPhee for that matter, compromise our position on compensatory picks next year. We still have a those 'banked' as all they players have been released from contract. 

Poe would have lost us a comp pick next year, so would Mayowa...

Makes too much sense.......

Mayowa would not. He was also a cut

The Scandrick deal is one of the most dumbest deals I've seen this team make in many years. There was no reason to sign him. He's old. He's injury prone. 

CB is a need. Secondary is weak. That's why you get MATHIEU. YOU DON'T GET A 30 SOMETHING OLD VETERAN WHOSE BEST DAYS WERE BEHIND HIM. YOU DON'T GET A WASHED UP VETERAN WHO WAS NEVER REALLY ANY GOOD WITH THE COWBOYS. 

WHAT THE **** IS THIS TEAM THINKING. HONESTLY YOU WANT TO FLIP OUT AND QUIT THE TEAM OVER KIRK AND THE WAY THEY TREATED HIM, WHAT ABOUT THIS? ****. THIS IS AN AWFUL DECISION. FLAT OUT AWFUL.

Don't make me pull out the stats. So many disadvantages to this deal. Terrible PFF ranking. Awful as a player overall. Was never really any good when we played against him. And you're telling me, you let Breeland walk, you traded Fuller, so you can sign this scrub? 

Are you kidding me? 

The only way this is excusable is if he is a stopgap or "cheap option" if they go and sign Hankins. Then he is just a temporary body filling in, someone we got through a bargain bin. ****. 

25 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If we let Hankins go I'm done as long as Allen is GM.

HTTR 

THIS is the hill you choose to die on?

Look I'm not a fan of Allen in a decision making role on the roster either but folks on here are making Hankins sound like Joe Greene in his prime. I hope we sign him because he is a good player at a position of need but lets keep some perspective here.

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The Scandrick deal is one of the most dumbest deals I've seen this team make in many years. There was no reason to sign him. He's old. He's injury prone. 

CB is a need. Secondary is weak. That's why you get MATHIEU. YOU DON'T GET A 30 SOMETHING OLD VETERAN WHOSE BEST DAYS WERE BEHIND HIM. YOU DON'T GET A WASHED UP VETERAN WHO WAS NEVER REALLY ANY GOOD WITH THE COWBOYS. 

WHAT THE **** IS THIS TEAM THINKING. HONESTLY YOU WANT TO FLIP OUT AND QUIT THE TEAM OVER KIRK AND THE WAY THEY TREATED HIM, WHAT ABOUT THIS? ****. THIS IS AN AWFUL DECISION. FLAT OUT AWFUL.

Don't make me pull out the stats. So many disadvantages to this deal. Terrible PFF ranking. Awful as a player overall. Was never really any good when we played against him. And you're telling me, you let Breeland walk, you traded Fuller, so you can sign this scrub? 

Are you kidding me? 

The only way this is excusable is if he is a stopgap or "cheap option" if they go and sign Hankins. Then he is just a temporary body filling in, someone we got through a bargain bin. ****. 

I don't think Mathieu is the same guy we want him to be. I also don't think this move is the reason we decided to let Breeland walk and trade Fuller....

There is probably little guaranteed money and no risk in this which is why it got done so fast. I understand the frustration but don't freak out yet over this.

Don't forget how long it took Hankins to sign last year and that his agent is the biggest POS, moreso in my opinion that KC's.

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Are you kidding me? 

If we signed HB then we wouldn't have the available cap to even consider talking to Hankins, who's a MUCH bigger need. Just woooosah amigo. If Hankins walks out without a deal today then the rest of ES will be right there with you.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

THIS is the hill you choose to die on?

Look I'm not a fan of Allen in a decision making role on the roster either but folks on here are making Hankins sound like Joe Greene in his prime. I hope we sign him because he is a good player at a position of need but lets keep some perspective here.

That's what I'm saying lol. This is where people draw the line?  You would think the Cousins situation would be it. 

11 minutes ago, JWB said:

IF Hankins walks its because he is looking for a deal that just doesn't make sense. 

Not necessarily.  If I am him why would I jump at the first offer?  Don't get me wrong, I hope he does.  And its possible.  But he could leave and this still could be in play.  Heck if I recall M. Wilkerson talked to GB before the Redskins.  But then signed with GB.  

12 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

It's taking that long that I think Hankins will be a Redskin and they are just ironing out the contract details. 

HTTR 

I like the optimism, though, it also would take a really long time to get him tied up if...we didnt sign him.  In fact it would take forever, the longest of times.

25 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm not really excited about Scandrick and lord knows I hate me some Bruce Allen.

But he's not actually being "cheap". People haven't been able to come to grips with the fact that we're not really in great cap shape. Bruce is attempting to adopt a "win now" strategy at a time when he doesn't have the resources to do so, which is why it's a dumb strategy. But again, he's not letting the Mathieus and Poes slip away because he's cheap or because he doesn't know how much we need such players, he's doing so because his team doesn't really have the capacity to.

17 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

They literally got worse in the secondary when they were supposed to address that weakness. 

They didn't. Scandrick is an incentive laden deal to earn money from playing time. There's nothing wrong with what they're going to roll with in the secondary. Defense performs from the front to the back, they need more investments in the defensive front than in the secondary. Norman, Scandrick, Dunbar, Moreau, Holsey is a above average CB rotation. Nicholson and Swearinger are nothing to laugh at. I just hope to see a NT signing or at least go there early in the draft. Your other option here was DRC, who is also old and far more expensive sadly. We're just not in that market.

So the Honey Badger got a 1 year, $7M deal. That's it.

Why not offer him $8M fully guaranteed? If he's good and walks next year you get a comp pick. If he gets hurt you can walk away easily.

Today has been a confusing day. In relation to Scandrick I think he offers so much more and has upside. 

1 minute ago, Rocky52Mc said:

They didn't. Scandrick is an incentive laden deal to earn money from playing time. There's nothing wrong with what they're going to roll with in the secondary. Defense performs from the front to the back, they need more investments in the defensive front than in the secondary. Norman, Scandrick, Dunbar, Moreau, Holsey is a above average CB rotation. Nicholson and Swearinger are nothing to laugh at. I just hope to see a NT signing or at least go there early in the draft. Your other option here was DRC, who is also old and far more expensive sadly. We're just not in that market.

Lol okay I don't drink the kool aid, they let two players in their 20's go for this **** man. This is ridiculous. 

Archived