Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

52 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

You cant rank players like that. He is a Nickle corner, while the other 3 are all outside corners. 

This deal is simply a 1 year deal that will allow us to keep him next year if he proves worth it. 

Okay, so provide me comfort in this fact :

If you account for all nickle corners, by multiplying 32 teams by 4, to include roughly the total number of corners in the league including nickles, you get 128.

Yet Scandrick was the #106th rated overall corner. That doesn't sound too promising, even for a nickle player.

yeah I checked on the Giants stuff, I see nothing on twitter aside from Giant fan speculation about whether he'd come back.  Giants already have a run stopper monster in Harrison -- and a young developing guy like that in Tomlinson.  I think if they are adding to their D line its more likely a pass rusher type.  Also they have spent up to their cap if I recall.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Okay, so provide me comfort in this fact :

If you account for all nickle corners, by multiplying 32 teams by 4, to include roughly the total number of corners in the league including nickles, you get 128.

Yet Scandrick was the #106th rated overall corner. That doesn't sound too promising, even for a nickle player.

Are you referring to his PFF grade last year?

Scandrick is good nickle that doesnt give up the big play/double move along with having a great IQ, but also isnt very physical, injury prone, and doesnt create turnovers.

He has knee injury's and a back injury last year, so im sure his grade was garbage. 

I think he is simply a bridge for one year while we see if holsey can step in full-time in 2019

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

yeah I checked on the Giants stuff, I see nothing on twitter aside from Giant fan speculation about whether he'd come back.  Giants already have a run stopper monster in Harrison -- and a young developing guy like that in Tomlinson.  I think if they are adding to their D line its more likely a pass rusher type.  Also they have spent up to their cap if I recall.

Watch them sneak in and sign Galette if we possibly sign Hankins.

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If we let Hankins go I'm done as long as Allen is GM.

HTTR 

Seems like a blanket statement. If for whatever reason he get the star lotulelei treatment of 10-12M over 4+ years... then I dont have a problem letting another team take that on.

We should all keep in mind who his agent is. 

Just now, pcbothwel said:

Seems like a blanket statement. If for whatever reason he get the star lotulelei treatment of 10-12M over 4+ years... then I dont have a problem letting another team take that on.

$10-12M/yr is what he'll get and we need to be the team to pay that.

Just now, pcbothwel said:

Agreed on his agent as he is difficult to deal with but Hankins numbers should be the same as Poe's.

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

DC9, who is that signing the contract in the pic ?

I don't recognize players from other teams, without their helmets and jerseys on !

Well I've just looked at player profiles, and it definitely ain't Hankins, so it must be Scandrick.

It's Scandrick.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Galette and Hankins but I'd settle for Hankins alone.  Galette feels very Patriots to me if he doesn't sign here or one of the big cap teams Browns, Jets, 49ers.

Me too and hopefully that's the outcome and then we can end FA.  That would cap a decent FA for me minus Scandrick.

If you Love something Let it go....

2 minutes ago, kiingspadee said:

The person who tweeted it is not an official source or anything. Seems like speculation but I never know who is in the know or not

Don't go trying to drop science in the physics lab, young man

Archived