Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me I don't love it, don't hate it.  I am assuming the 5 million a year drill is BS -- must be heavy incentives.  I am just wanting on Hankins, that's all I care about. 

five million a year comes from doing basic math on something really complicated

From WalterFootball.com, even without the breakdown of the contract:

March 19 Updates 

redskinsb_logo.gif Redskins sign CB Orlando Scandrick (2 years, $10 million): B+ Grade
Teams often make the mistake of overpaying early in free agency. The best strategy is to wait several days until quality bargains open up. This is definitely of them.

Orlando Scandrick was once known as one of the better cornerbacks in the NFL, but injuries have derailed his career, and he's now 31. However, Scandrick can bounce back if he can manage to stay healthy. Barring more injuries, the ex-Dallas Cowboy will be better than he was in 2017, and he'll be motivated because he'll have the opportunity to go up against his former team twice.

At two years and $10 million, this is a strong value. Of course, Scandrick could continue to suffer injuries, but the Redskins aren't risking very much to find their replacement for Kendall Fuller.

I've got a feeling that we'll announce Hankins about 10 minutes after I start my commute home from work today.

Then when I log in at my house, I'll have 25 notifications of folks asking me why I haven't updated the title or the OP, since it's clearly not official until I do so.

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

I've got a feeling that we'll announce Hankins about 10 minutes after I start my commute home from work today.

Then when I log in at my house, I'll have 25 notifications of folks asking me why I haven't updated the title or the OP, since it's clearly not official until I do so.

You really think it's going to happen, DC9?

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Do you think Hankins will be a Redskin DC9?.

HTTR 

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Then clearly, you should not leave work or go home until the signing happens and is posted and double confirmed by you!  what are you thinking!?!

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Why haven't you updated the title yet?? I just wanted to make sure I got in there before the other 24.

4 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Well someone needs to ask you, hey DC9 do you think this is gonna happen :rofl89:

Neither Scandrick nor Hankins, or McPhee for that matter, compromise our position on compensatory picks next year. We still have a those 'banked' as all they players have been released from contract. 

Poe would have lost us a comp pick next year, so would Mayowa...

Makes too much sense.......

I'm not feeling it people.  I really hope so but the later it gets the less likely it's going to happen.  I don't want to see that Hankins had a great visit but is headed to......  Seen that scene too many times w/this FO.  Again, hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm not feeling it people.  I really hope so but the later it gets the less likely it's going to happen.  I don't want to see that Hankins had a great visit but is headed to......  Seen that scene too many times w/this FO.  Again, hope I'm wrong.

already heading to NYG apparently

Archived