Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, Bang said:

I hope there's a Hankins signing, 

and then a Scandrick cut. This guy's a bum. We got weaker signing him. A hole is not filled if you fill it with nothing.

~Bang

I actually agree here. Not a fan of Scandrick. A street FA signing could be of similar use.

But I’m hoping to be wrong on this one.

Just now, KDawg said:

I actually agree here. Not a fan of Scandrick. A street FA signing could be of similar use.

But I’m hoping to be wrong on this one.

I'm not really excited about this either... who knows.  He appears to be inexpensive, so that's a plus, and if it means we sign a guy like Scandrick to save money to get a guy like Hankins, i'm on board with that too.  I'd almost wish we hadn't signed him and gone to work with what we got.  

Just now, Reaper Skins said:

Sounds like the Scandrick signing was our front office saying F you to DRC for playing hard ball. 

Way to win the deal Bruce.  Who cares what the on field outcome is as long as you get the last word right?

Redskins did it to themselves, dude by signing him.

22 minutes ago, Tay said:

At this point our remaining holes are at RB, LG, Hankins, and depth.

Hopefully we fill another one of those holes today.

So if we fill one of the holes with inflated balloons does that mean it is filled? (ie Scandrick)

Scandrick is a meh signing for me.  I wouldn't be opposed to using a late round pick on a corner.  It's a position that needs the most depth imo.  As far as I can tell we only have 5 on the roster including Scandrick.  I see Joshua Holsey is still on the roster, but I can't recall ever seeing him in action.

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Signing Scandrick is about what I’d expect from Bruce.

The icing on the cake would be drafting Guice at 13 and his failure will be complete.

That could happen.  I thought about that today.  

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

So if we fill one of the holes with inflated balloons does that mean it is filled? (ie Scandrick)

My hope is that it's just a depth signing, and Holsey beats him out in training camp.

I would prefer DRC, but I'd also prefer an impact player on the DLine over DRC.

Archived