Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

980 just indicated its a 2Y/10M deal, didn't delve into guarantees.  **Honk, Honk** goes the hail bus! :ols: I laugh but I cry.

that's been what everyone is saying since the signing was announced but they also said "up to" so at least some of it isn't guarenteed

2 minutes ago, Guardshock said:

I don't think this website is ever happy.

We'll sign Hankins and everyone will **** the bed because we spent too much but that's what it took to keep him from going anywhere.

Battered Skins Syndrome is real. I question the heart of any Redskin fan who has not taken out Redskin frustrations on innocents. If you have not been unnecessarily sanctimonious while discussing football, have not lost a remote or 6, have not stormed out on a loved one, have not lost an unnatural amount of hair, have not woken up in a cold sweat, and/or called out someone for bringing 13 items into a 12 or less check out lane....then how much do you really care? I’d rather encounter redskins fans with too many unresolved issues to list than one who has become complacent about our team.

If you are struggling with BSS, do not seek help - you’re a glorious & patriotic American made in Gods likeness. 

11 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

why do we always sign the bums from Dallas...

Yeah, I hate this. Every time it happens I feel dirty. Maybe if they were some championship caliber team I could convince myself that we are stealing some of that luster while making a divisional opponent worse, but this just doesn't make sense. 

19 minutes ago, Guardshock said:

The ownership/management hasn't given us many reasons to be happy or trust their opinions on football related transactions. Maybe if we won consistently, by actually posting 10+ wins more than once a generation, getting to the playoffs in back to back years and not looking foolish when it matters most, (oh and not being a clown show)...maybe then the fans would trust their moves. As it stands, the front office is a joke and more times than not, the fans who are never happy, have been correct. P.S. my rant is not against you, but more so the people who run the team to the ground.

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I’m reading all the comments on PFT about the Scandrick signing, and cowboys fans are laughing their asses off at us.

Jerruh didn’t think he was worth 3-4 million per year and here we are paying him 10 million over 2

Nicely done, Bruce.

Don't over-react.  We have no idea what the guarantees are and it's likely structured in a way where we can cut him before the season even starts with little to no affect on our cap.

19 minutes ago, Guardshock said:

We'll sign Hankins and everyone will **** the bed because we spent too much but that's what it took to keep him from going anywhere.

I think a better way to put it is a minority of people will be unhappy no matter what move happens.  But heck that's democracy -- its rare to have any decision that 100% people are going to agree on.  However, going through this thread. if they sign Hankins it will be a wildly popular decision.  

For two seasons years back, I went on other NFL teams boards before the Redskins were about to play those teams.  They were mostly just like our board.  Everybody wasn't in lock step agreement on everything.  People were upset during loses.  A lot of angst.    I think it comes with the turf. 

I have a true story about Orlando Scandrick. I have friends whom root for the Cowboys (my first mistake, but let me continue). I've been telling them for years that Scandrick is garbage and they even said games would be lost if he wasn't in. The past 2 seasons all of them have come around and confessed that they were wrong and I was right. 

Anyway, my phone is blowing up and somehow being right has never felt this bad...

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Kind of an expensive #4

You cant rank players like that. He is a Nickle corner, while the other 3 are all outside corners. 

This deal is simply a 1 year deal that will allow us to keep him next year if he proves worth it. 

7 minutes ago, The Sean and Laron show said:

So we've downgraded QB and slot CB while also losing a 3rd and saving little $... yay

I hate this idea that Alex is a downgrade at QB. Sure he is older but he has proven his talent time and time again. He has won big games and PRIMETIME games and actually has lead teams to victories. Cousins has a lot of garbage time stats

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Scandrick is fine by me. Serves a need this year. If DRC was after bigger money and wanted to wait until April, too late. The draft is strong at CB, would still like to see us draft a one. 

For me I don't love it, don't hate it.  I am assuming the 5 million a year drill is BS -- must be heavy incentives.  I am just wanting on Hankins, that's all I care about. 

Hankins hung around in FA last year for a month until he got paid.

I'm all in favour of being aggressive here and paying a high premier to secure him. Can't allow him to leave. Even his age fits the dynamic of what the team should be doing. Sign him.

Archived