Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

27 minutes ago, Unbias said:

2014 article written by a guy who's since been fired as an NFL Analyst? 

He was fired for some intriguingly opaque personal shortcoming involving treating Americans like Irishmen, not for football incompetence. https://deadspin.com/football-writer-cian-fahey-says-he-left-espn-after-bein-1822041010 Football Outsiders may hire belligerent drunks, but not idiots.

Ok--a drop of 2014 praise isn't much to go on. But it's at least something, for those of us trying to maintain hope that he (like Richardson) blossoms post-injury, and he isn't just another recycled cowboys scrub.

22 minutes ago, chris_c_19960 said:

Is it me or is this report true about Doug Williams being in the dark about Alex Smith and then watching Scandrick interview on Redskin nation  he says he met Allen and Snyder but No mention of Doug Williams. Are they doing to Doug what they did to Scott? Allen has to much control. Any one else notice this?

I think the roles are very clear. Doug Williams is a very high paid spoke person and talent evaluator. He will speak to the media and write his scouting reports on college and pro prospects. Because of his personality he does well in the media.

I think Allen will collect all the scouting info and build the roster. He will talk to players, negotiate and make the final call which guys to target. Eric Schaffer probably hands him "price ranges" for negotiations. Like this player we can offer between 5 and 7 million a year under this condition. 

Dan Snyder is like a retired former boss/owner of a family company. When he wants to he walks around in the building. Likes to still feel important and part of important decisions...but other people run the company. 

34 minutes ago, chris_c_19960 said:

Is it me or is this report true about Doug Williams being in the dark about Alex Smith and then watching Scandrick interview on Redskin nation  he says he met Allen and Snyder but No mention of Doug Williams. Are they doing to Doug what they did to Scott? Allen has to much control. Any one else notice this?

Doug manages the Personnel department. That group and the coaches decide the targets/cuts etc. Bruce handles trades. Eric handles contracts (with Bruce's direction)

Star Lotulelei got a 5yr 50mil deal, 13mil signing bonus. About half the deal guaranteed in some capacity. 2018 cap hit 6.7mil

Will be amazed if Hankins takes less than 10mil p/y on whatever duration of deal he ends up getting, here or elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Craig Hoffman in 106.7 just now -- as far as he knows, this is the dude that fits the profile the FO wants.  They want to get this done.  The issue is can both sides find common ground to complete a deal.

Not making this statement to you, SIP.  This is what is frustrating a deal can take place.  The numbers don't lie.  If the Skins were to sign him to the same deal he had it should be a done deal.  Some say it was 3 yrs. 27 mill other 3 yrs. 30 mill.  Either work.  We have one of the best salary cap person in the NFL in Schaffer.  It's up to Allen to ok things.  IF he does, Schaffer can work the deal.

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Any deal for Hankins will kind of clear through our useable cap space, taking into account what the FO tend to retain for draft picks and in season reserve.

We're already into territory where Hankins and a McPhee type will mean we'll do a restructure of someone at some point to stay within this year's cap.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think the delay is, during negotiations, Hankins keeps getting text interruptions from very nervous McClain and McGee, begging him not to do it :)

Or telling him Allen is dumb enough to guarantee the second year of contracts, so you can't be cut even if you suck in year 1.

Redskins fans are funny.  Every single year it seems like they foam at the mouth during Free agency, wanting every single shiny new FA we can possibly sign.  Even though they know. Oh, they know.  Literally every single season they sign FA’s that never ever work out.  Every single year!  Look at last year.  How many of those guys even remotely worked out?  Signing guys left and right and losing out on compensatory picks.  DJ Swearinger?  That’s it?  Out of all the defensive players they wasted $$ on.  But every year, instead of showing restraint during free agency, the fans go nuts for them to sign every available FA and then turn and talk about how terrible Bruce Allen is.  It’s hilarious.  You can’t build a winner through free agent signings.  People acting like they’ll be carrying torches through the street if the Skins don’t sign Hankins is ridiculous LOL

18 hours ago, boston skins fan said:

Legit not playing.  I tried snapping a pic.  But I realized to late as it was taxiing

I think Hankins is from jersey.  I'm just posting what I saw.  We're doing work on the taxiway and I saw redskins 1 I've seen it before

On that note bed time just worked 19hr and have to be back in 5

Ah, that would make sense then...get it done, Bruce!

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Redskins fans are funny.  Every single year it seems like they foam at the mouth during Free agency, wanting every single shiny new FA we can possibly sign.  Even though they know. Oh, they know.  Literally every single season they sign FA’s that never ever work out.  Every single year!  Look at last year.  How many of those guys even remotely worked out?  Signing guys left and right and losing out on compensatory picks.  DJ Swearinger?  That’s it?  Out of all the defensive players they wasted $$ on.  But every year, instead of showing restraint during free agency, the fans go nuts for them to sign every available FA and then turn and talk about how terrible Bruce Allen is.  It’s hilarious.  You can’t build a winner through free agent signings.  People acting like they’ll be carrying torches through the street if the Skins don’t sign Hankins is ridiculous LOL

DJ Swearinger and Zach Brown were very good signings, the Mcs and Pryor weren't. Free agency is like the draft, not every move works out. DeSean was a big hit, Chris Culliver not so much. Building a winning team takes the draft, free agency, and smart trades. The Eagles would've been nowhere near the Super Bowl without free agency -- half their offensive line, two starting receivers, starting quarterback, running back, both starting safeties, nickel corner, inside linebacker, and pass rusher were all FA acquisitions.

13 minutes ago, -JB- said:

BRO777933.png

Archived