Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Calm down.  The Redskins front 7 was actually surprisingly good when everybody was healthy early on in the season.  I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Hankins doesn’t sign here.  Think about all of the free agent busts over the years that fans were so happy with, when they signed.

It’s definitely not the end of the world, but man, how long have we been looking for a NT?  Now we have a chance at one of the better ones in the league that is just coming into his prime.  You’re seeing in real time that mix of excitement that we have this opportunity, and the despair that we may well lose him.  Calm is tough, lol.  

Just now, Tay said:

How would you rank our roster?

Meh.  Not the worst and far from the best.  Somewhere near middle of the pack when relatively healthy.  The Redskins have the same cap to work with as everyone else.

3 minutes ago, dckey said:

To me it's winning franchises that's making it work.  HB, Richardson, others are going to give deals to a team they have a better chance of winning with.  We would have to pay more for these players because we haven't won.  You really believe a player like Richardson would have given us the same deal he gave the Vikings.

Sure, that’s part of it.  But what does that tell you about our franchise? I mean...

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, that’s part of it.  But what does that tell you about our franchise? I mean...

That we are mediocre and the real way to turn us into a winning franchise is to win in the draft.  Stop believing that we should over pay for free agents

1 minute ago, dckey said:

That we are mediocre and the real way to turn us into a winning franchise is to win in the draft.  Stop believing that we should over pay for free agents

So because I think you need to spend where needed in Free Agency, I don’t believe in the draft?  Both are pivotal to winning.  I hear a lot about overpaying FA without ever really knowing what’s been offered.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So because I think you need to spend where needed in Free Agency, I don’t believe in the draft?  Both are pivotal to winning.  I hear a lot about overpaying FA without ever really knowing what’s been offered.

Look at last year it was reported that we offered Calais Campbell a better offer than Jacksonville.  He was a great FA signing we went after him but he chose JAX for lesser, can you blame him.  Your right we don't know what the real offer is but I feel like we can't automatically believe that we're the type of team especially on defense that good players are looking to play for.  

6 minutes ago, skins4 said:

we need a LessExtremeSkins website for the more levelheaded fans..not the armchair GMs..this site has gone toxic

You’re of the belief that the site has gone toxic because of the fans? Mmmkay.  Just perfectly normal people that have been fans their whole lives being non level headed jerks about the state of the team.  There are some Skins fan groups on Facebook with plenty of what you’re looking for, where everything is awesome.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’re of the belief that the site has gone toxic because of the fans? Mmmkay.  Just perfectly normal people that have been fans their whole lives being non level headed jerks about the state of the team.  There are some Skins fan groups on Facebook with plenty of what you’re looking for, where everything is awesome.

I’m guessing there is something is the middle of blind following/agreement with the team and whining like spoiled children when things don’t go their way. Can you agree with that?

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

ok will do, Sound perfect not all this whining and crying :)

24 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

While I wholeheartedly agree, we might be singing a different tune if some major talent at another position drops to our pick. If we could have filled this need in FA, it's a whole lot better to enjoy the draft and take advantage of top 5 talent falling to us..

there's not really a position I want us to take besides DL.  Maybe an OL we could put at guard and then move to tackle when Trent retires but I'm not sure there's someone like that out there

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

the fans are the only people on this site and it is the fan's choice how they react to things

I love the whole "we need to be a winning franchise thing"......just checked, did you know that  only 8 teams in the history of the Superbowl have won three or more.......stop with the whining about winning franchise. We are a winning franchise........just not lately  ? 

5 minutes ago, carex said:

there's not really a position I want us to take besides DL.  Maybe an OL we could put at guard and then move to tackle when Trent retires but I'm not sure there's someone like that out there

I’d take Fitzpatrick, Chubb or Nelson, maybe James.  Landry would be a great change of pace rusher to replace Galette and give us insurance for Smith.  I wouldn’t be mad about Guice there either.  We could also trade back and not freak out about missing on Vea/Payne/etc... wind up with a top back and G to get our ground game rolling.  Point being, while losing out on Hankins doesn’t totally derail us, getting him just really opens up the draft possibilities for us.  IMO of course.  

10 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I love the whole "we need to be a winning franchise thing"......just checked, did you know that  only 8 teams in the history of the Superbowl have won three or more.......stop with the whining about winning franchise. We are a winning franchise........just not lately  ? 

Oof. Did you go for the standard or the 2-day shipping on your new Alex Smith jersey? 

20 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I’m guessing there is something is the middle of blind following/agreement with the team and whining like spoiled children when things don’t go their way. Can you agree with that?

I see minimal whining.  Sure some folks pick hills to die on what seems like every other day.  I see quite a bit of critical and a few decades of material that have earned it.

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’d take Fitzpatrick, Chubb or Nelson, maybe James.  Landry would be a great change of pace rusher to replace Galette and give us insurance for Smith.  I wouldn’t be mad about Guice there either.  We could also trade back and not freak out about missing on Vea/Payne/etc... wind up with a top back and G to get our ground game rolling.  Point being, while losing out on Hankins doesn’t totally derail us, getting him just really opens up the draft possibilities for us.  IMO of course.  

I’m just nervous that with us Not signing any NEEDED position players in FA that it’ll cause us to reach for a player of need in the draft..it takes the pressure off and frees up the to take the BPA..just by signing JH we can concentrate on lb or safety help in the first two rounds!!

Archived