Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

30 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I think the TJ Duckett trade still trumps this easily no matter how you feel.  That trade was just turrible.

We had quite a few winners that year.  Brandon Lloyd had more rap albums than touchdowns when he was here.  And he cost us 2 draft picks!!!

This is why I hate it when people say a team has lots of cap space without us knowing who they had under contract. The Redskins were whatever the figure was, something like $53 million under the cap and everyone seemed to say that's a ton of cap space.   But when you need to sign a starting QB and retain your best defensive player, suddenly that was never a lot of cap space after all.

Is it me or is this report true about Doug Williams being in the dark about Alex Smith and then watching Scandrick interview on Redskin nation  he says he met Allen and Snyder but No mention of Doug Williams. Are they doing to Doug what they did to Scott? Allen has to much control. Any one else notice this?

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is why I hate it when people say a team has lots of cap space without us knowing who they had under contract. The Redskins were whatever the figure was, something like $53 million under the cap and everyone seemed to say that's a ton of cap space.   But when you need to sign a starting QB and retain your best defensive player, suddenly that was never a lot of cap space after all.

If you have a lot of cap space, but limited talented players under contract then you are still fielding a bad team. 

Look at the big FA spenders this year being the Browns and the Jets. Congrats on having a roster not talented enough to spend money on!

The Cravens thing keeps getting weirder. I get teams loving a specific player and wanting to trade for them after they don't draft them, but I've never seen a player be this vocal about leaving a current team. Can't he just play out his rookie deal then go where he wants? Also, what's so great about Denver? They are coming off of a bad season and hope to be saved by Case Keenum. 

2 minutes ago, Romberjo said:

2014 article written by a guy who's since been fired as an NFL Analyst? 

11 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

We had quite a few winners that year.  Brandon Lloyd had more rap albums than touchdowns when he was here.  And he cost us 2 draft picks!!!

Not to reply to myself, but in addition to TJ Duckett, here is the FA/Trade class that year:

Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El, Adam Archuleta, Andre Carter, Todd Collins, Christian Fauria

15 minutes ago, chris_c_19960 said:

Is it me or is this report true about Doug Williams being in the dark about Alex Smith and then watching Scandrick interview on Redskin nation  he says he met Allen and Snyder but No mention of Doug Williams. Are they doing to Doug what they did to Scott? Allen has to much control. Any one else notice this?

Doug was just paraded around in front of the fans to calm them down. Snyder always makes a big splash or brings someone from the glory years when the fans get restless.

18 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Lol okay I don't drink the kool aid, they let two players in their 20's go for this **** man. This is ridiculous. 

You're referring to Breeland and Fuller?

Talk about kool-aid. The FO lost out on retaining Kirk, that's their absolute failure IF THEY WANTED HIM. You've heard our coaching and FO's stance; they wanted long-term consistency at QB, does it get more consistent than Alex Smith? He's what they want, we may not fall into line with that ideology but this is how the market performed for us, it cost us a 3rd and Fuller, and in return we got Paul Richardson before his prime and a competitive QB who potentially works in this offense. 

As far as Breeland goes, no one wanted the kid to perform more than me unless you're a born and raised carolina kid. The thing about Bree was he was ALWAYS 1-2 steps short of the receiver. He's a quality starter and brings good physicality to that position but why does it seem like this board turns away from how much he was picked on by opposing defenses? He gave up a tremendous amount of critical first downs. 

How all these moves impact the game won't be seen until the season goes, so there's no reason to be as upset as you actually are. Sounds like you had a vision with how this off-season would go and you should probably readjust your expectations. 

20 minutes ago, Unbias said:

So the Honey Badger got a 1 year, $7M deal. That's it.

Why not offer him $8M fully guaranteed? If he's good and walks next year you get a comp pick. If he gets hurt you can walk away easily.

Today has been a confusing day. In relation to Scandrick I think he offers so much more and has upside. 

From what I saw he turned down bigger deals for Houston. Wanted fit more than money, so it’s not exactly the FOs fault for that one.

19 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Why not offer him $8M fully guaranteed? If he's good and walks next year you get a comp pick. If he gets hurt you can walk away easily.

Today has been a confusing day. In relation to Scandrick I think he offers so much more and has upside. 

Offer who 8 years? Hankins or Honey Badger? Its possible guys just don’t want to come here. We do suck remember.

25 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'm not really excited about Scandrick and lord knows I hate me some Bruce Allen.

But he's not actually being "cheap". People haven't been able to come to grips with the fact that we're not really in great cap shape. Bruce is attempting to adopt a "win now" strategy at a time when he doesn't have the resources to do so, which is why it's a dumb strategy. But again, he's not letting the Mathieus and Poes slip away because he's cheap or because he doesn't know how much we need such players, he's doing so because his team doesn't really have the capacity to.

But we saved ALL THAT MONEY by not signing Kirk. So we aren't hamstrung anymore.

20 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Honey Badger got bigger offers from other teams but was set on going to a team he saw as a winner with a championship defense in place.  On that basis we could have offered him $10 million and he probable would have snubbed us, the Cardinals apparently tried to retain him for around $8.5 and he said no.

Any deal for Hankins will kind of clear through our useable cap space, taking into account what the FO tend to retain for draft picks and in season reserve.

Announcing the Scandrick deal gives me hope that Hankins is going to work. I'm hoping what we have is a day where our cap guru is working through the overall cap situation. We are clearling looking at OLB too. Maybe a current contract restructure is being facilitated.

Optomistic view is that this is positive, simply caught up in an overall numbers game.

11 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

But we saved ALL THAT MONEY by not signing Kirk. So we aren't hamstrung anymore.

we're concerned about being able to sign all the guys we want right now and you think we could have added Kirk to that?

10 minutes ago, LuRedskins said:

From what I saw he turned down bigger deals for Houston. Wanted fit more than money, so it’s not exactly the FOs fault for that one.

He turned down more money from AZ and it was believed at least 1 other club - did not see who that was. 

Archived