Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that I’ve been following Suh closely, but I’m under the impression that he’s still the same P.O.S. hes always been.  I understand of course that he can still dominate, but if he’s matured over the years that’s news to me.

Well he hasnt been stomping on anyones head recently so thats an improvement :)

18 hours ago, CTskin said:

Well, I had to go back and look into your stat and just by a quick scroll I saw at least 5 pro bowl comp picks...

I don't disagree with your point, we have a much better chance of assessing and finding talent among current NFL players rather than unproven college players. I just think that our FO is awful at this and I'd rather roll the dice on getting lucky with a couple extra picks in the draft and saving our money for true studs.

Being that I'm so pessimistic on this current FA pool, I'd rather sit back, hit the bargain bin, save our cap to roll over next year, accumulate more picks for next year, and then go nuts in 2019 off-season. If we spend our cap space this year like we did last year then we'll be back in the same exact situation next year.

I just don't see $25M of players taking us over the hump this year. It would keep us in "same old same old" mode. 

Remains to be seen how drafting goes moving forward (sans Scot), but, this FO has been pretty good recently with mid round picks - Ioannidas, Fuller, Nicholson, Moreau, etc, so I certainly see the value in going for comp picks.  This has (possibly) the added benefit of leaving money free to extend Scherff, Smith and Crowder.  

The FO, based on reporting and the Smith trade, is in a win now mode though... so I don’t see them taking it easy this FA.  

I also agree with you that 25mil or whatever, is likely not enough to put us over the top.  I mean, we saw some players emerge last year, but the FO will have to be really smart and lucky to get players that have a serious impact on the ground game on both sides of the ball, and adding a pass catcher or two.  Even if they succeed on those fronts, they also have to replace Fuller, and potentially Brown, Breeland and Galette.  

Were it up to me, I would make offers to our own guys right at the respective cutoff for comp picks - if they sign with us, they don’t affect getting a comp pick for Cousins, if they don’t sign with us, they probably go to a team that offers them more, which gives us decent comp picks.  Even if I signed a bigger FA target and some lesser ones, we’d still have a chance at a few comp picks.  

Basically, play the comp game, but don’t make that the only focus.  

I would be happy to land Richardson.  Think I’d prefer Logan though, mostly due to his versatility to play NT and DT - 2 birds with 1 stone.  

30 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Richard Sherman is suppose to be cut today, Imagine Sherman and Norman in the same secondary, Not sure how id feel about this lol

No thank you. I still have a strong dislike for Sherman, and I think one outspoken personality at DB is more than enough.

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sherman on our defense would be cool to see. He’s one of the guys i hate if he’s on another defense but love if he’s on ours :) 

I want him too. If we are going to loose Bree then Sherman would fit right in and if I had to pick between the two I would rather have Sherman. If Bree wants 10mil a season I would rather pay Sherman the same. Just remember how Bree was schooled by the Steelers receiver and by other real good wide outs and imo Sherman would be a upgrade.

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I hate Philly getting Bennett. The guy is a serious problem to handle in the front 7. I wish we would have kicked the tires on him in all honesty.

Me too. Seems the rich get richer but just goes to show the Cousins pay him what he wants fans that when you blow all your dough than something else has to suffer. The Hawks O line is a disaster but their QB is driving a Rolls and now they have to dismantle the D to protect the cap.  Now the nats just get another gift LB from theRams. Is out FO sitting on their hands while the other teams in the division get better?

Sherman tore his achilles roughly the same time in his career that DHall tore his.  DHall is 34 now, and this was 2014, so he woulda been 31.  Sherman turns 30 this month. Although, Sherman was better going into the injury than DHall was. And he only tore his once.

I don't know, I can see Sherman not being the player he was coming off an achilles.  Not an injury I want my aging corner to have. 

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Sounds like the Dolphins are thinking about cutting Ndamukong Suh......

Sheldon Richardson going to be out there

Muhammad Wilkerson

Potentially Vinny Curry....

Damn, shaping up quite nicely...

Don't think anyone wants MW. Listing to NY radio Jets fans he is the biggest POS on the planet. Disrupting the locker room, not playing hard, even keeping hundreds of people waiting for him to show up at a HS function, 1 1/2 late or something like that. Hope I have the right guy as this news was a few months old but like my old 2nd grade teach would say, "a word to the wise is sufficient."

gossip from a guy who knows a guy who supposedly sat next to Tomsula on a plane.  If its true, love S. Richardson, that would be a good get.

Tomsula inferred that Sheldon Richardson is a #Redskins target. My guy asked about him specifically. "Ohhhh, we're on that!"

My guy asked about other FA considerations, specifically on the DL. Tomsula offered up an under-the-radar name: former Titan DaQuan Jones.

3 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Don't think anyone wants MW. Listing to NY radio Jets fans he is the biggest POS on the planet. Disrupting the locker room, not playing hard, 

Yeah, but we have a good history with DTs like that.

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guy asked about other FA considerations, specifically on the DL. Tomsula offered up an under-the-radar name: former Titan DaQuan Jones.

He's actually someone on my list of sleeper-y FAs. However, unless he's real cheap, I have a hard time seeing the logic in going after him. We have two studs and like 4 rotation guys on the DL. I don't see why we'd be spending money on another solid contributor type. 

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

gossip from a guy who knows a guy who supposedly sat next to Tomsula on a plane.  If its true, love S. Richardson, that would be a good get.

Tomsula inferred that Sheldon Richardson is a #Redskins target. My guy asked about him specifically. "Ohhhh, we're on that!"

I see Sheldon rich going to the jets. There are still strong ties there. Keep hearing about it from many jets friends . That’s another reason for Wilkerson being let go as well. They made a mistake and got rid of the wrong guy in theree eyes

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

perfect slot guy

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Gregg Rosenthal

This was expected, but is significant. Would be a large paycut based on what his expected role would be in a new defense. This is why the Honey Badger could be a free agent.

He could probably be had for a 7th rounder if someone took on his salary.

21 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Rams loading up like their in win now mode.

Its smart, they both have a 2-year window left before their young Qb's will need new contracts, might as well pack it all in now, in a couple years they won't be able to.

Just heard again Finlay mention their interest in Joyner if he hit FA and the Rams didn't tag him.  Wonder if a safety who can play nickel is on their agenda.  If so if the Cardinals release the Honey Badger -- I think they might consider.  I watched Swearinger and the Honey Badger interact after the Cardinals game last year, they seemed close.

Archived