Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is almost unbelievable. I mean this guy is responsible for the death of 29 people.

Blankenship running with the excuse that the Obama administration set him up. West Virginia Republican people just don't care. Plus that's 29 new jobs created.

40 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Don Blankenship is now blaming the mine explosion on the federal government.

We’ve reached galaxy brain levels of stupidity in the GOP. And something tells me this isn’t even the worst yet to come. 

Simply catering to their base.

The GOP is the home of the pridefully ignorant and hateful.

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm considering taking my Hillary campaign bumper sticker off my car because I will be traveling in the South. Thank goodness I don't have any Lesbian stickers on there. 

Maybe worry if in the backwoods or something, but it's not going to be as bad as traveling on major interstates and bigger cities.  NC, GA and FL were close to 50% of the overall vote being Democrat.  SC was close to 41%, LA and MS were close to 40%.   Alabama was 34%, just keep "rolling on past the Tide".......

I've made it a personal rule of mine to never put any political bumper stickers on my car, just because people are assholes in general (supporters of both sides).  One already has enough to worry about as far as people hitting your car in a parking lot, etc. driving away.  I would never want to fuel the rage of some moron's political beliefs that would result in damage to my property or me.  

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Wow.  When even Trump thinks you're toxic.  That is really saying something.

They're saying it now, but the GOP is going to support him openly once he wins tomorrow.

There is no coming back after you support a pedophile like Roy Moore. 

Criminals around the country really have to be happy that they can run for elected office by pretending that liberals conspired to put them in jail.

13 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

That's right.  The problem isn't that the guy is a crook, liar, fraud, and criminal.  It is that he can't win in the general election.

Yep and just like Roy Moore, if this cretin wins, Trump will do a 180 and plea with everyone about how important it is that he wins. People can paint it anyway they want but it says something about the base of voters when candidates like this are empowered to even run for public office in the first place, let alone flirt with winning.

I think Mitch McConnell is a despicable human being, bad for the country, and his brand of cynical politics has poisoned America.  But Blankenship's charges are laughable and defamatory (and that's saying something within the context of a political campaign).  As much as I think him winning the primary will elevate the chances of Dem keeping that seat in WV, anyone who even for a moment seriously considers voting for Blankenship has lost all their marbles and should be ashamed of themselves.

This is what Dems need to run on, Trump and Republicans have ****ed farmers. And Dems need to have a solution. 

https://www.truthexam.com/2018/05/midwest-farmer-writes-scathing-op-ed-slamming-trump-for-betraying-farmers-and-his-base/

Point out where Trump and Republicans have failed his voters and have plans in place what Congress will do to fix it and they need to have veto proof members. And why that's important to be veto proof.

19 hours ago, bearrock said:

I think Mitch McConnell is a despicable human being, bad for the country, and his brand of cynical politics has poisoned America.  But Blankenship's charges are laughable and defamatory (and that's saying something within the context of a political campaign).  As much as I think him winning the primary will elevate the chances of Dem keeping that seat in WV, anyone who even for a moment seriously considers voting for Blankenship has lost all their marbles and should be ashamed of themselves.

Candidates like Blankenship being seriously viable is the end result of a political movement that has completely gone off the rails.

The degradation of our democracy will happen slowly as more and more scumbags like Donald Trump, Roy Moore and Don Blankenship find their way into mainstream, national conversations.

We're beyond the point of having policy arguments and debating liberalism/conservatism in this country. There is literally an assault on truth, dignity and decency because half the country has decided that political power is worth the degradation of norms, values and cherished institutions. Except the people who keep voting for this garbage are getting railroaded themselves along with the rest of us.

24 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Candidates like Blankenship being seriously viable is the end result of a political movement that has completely gone off the rails.

The degradation of our democracy will happen slowly as more and more scumbags like Donald Trump, Roy Moore and Don Blankenship find their way into mainstream, national conversations.

We're beyond the point of having policy arguments and debating liberalism/conservatism in this country. There is literally an assault on truth, dignity and decency because half the country has decided that political power is worth the degradation of norms, values and cherished institutions. Except the people who keep voting for this garbage are getting railroaded themselves along with the rest of us.

But the black guy wore a tan suit! We have to stop it.

Archived